• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Dapple dualies nouveau-building

Markus

Inkling
What Gears are good for this weapon? Now ive got 1 Comeback 3 Run Speed Up 3 ink resistance Up 3 sein Speed Up 1 ink Saver Main and 1 Sub Power Up. Is that good or should i Change Something?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Idk......I always use special power gear since those dualies have the rain cloud.....anything to increase the effectiveness of it on Splat Zones. I've seen top players say that swim/run speed and comeback are always good to have regardless of weapon type if you're playing ranked.

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
My main weapon is the Dapple Dualies Nouveau, and I have the tendency of relying on it for everything.
As a player who just so happens to have an aggressive playstyle, I enjoy having abilities that support me in succeeding my attacks, alongside further boosting my aggression. Because of just how much mobility you're offered with the Dapple Dualies, it's quite easy to not only achieve an aggressive approach, but it's also easier than you'd expect to shark opponents, I'd say. Even during Splatfests, I find myself having no difficulty in splatting the opponent and their teammates.

As it follows, the loadouts I enjoy using for the Dapple Dualies Nouveau are both supporting of an aggressive playstyle, though one is more situational than the other.
BpQBfH0.png MRYpP2q.png
The first loadout consists of Swim Speed Up. On its own, the Dapple Dualies are - like I have previously stated - very good in terms of mobility, and Swim Speed Up just so happens to further boost its mobility as you'll find yourself constantly switching inbetween your squid and kid forms. With this, you'll be able to go face-to-face to opponents while having zero problems in doing so, and because of its high damage ratio, you'll be able to shred any enemy who even dares to get close to you. This loadout is overall very good for the Dapple Dualies Nouveau as it not only further boosts your chances of successfully sharking your opponents, but it also provides you a better chance of escaping unexpected attacks and better chances of infiltrating bases, which is useful for taking down enemies by surprise.

As for the second loadout, it consists of both speed and stealth, though I've found this loadout to be especially situational and its effectiveness is very dependant on the stage. You'll have an easier time getting back into the game thanks to Stealth Jump and Quick Super Jump, but even though you have access to Stealth Jump, you'll still have to be careful about your Super Jumps since you'll otherwise be vunerable to attacks if an enemy just so happens to spot you. With that aside, I'd consider this to be overall good as it'll be easier to support your teammates through your aggressive playstyle. Personally, whenever I'm using this loadout, I enjoy to immediately hunt after enemies once I land, preferably by finding a way of attacking them from behind, and getting rid of them by surprise - Ninja Squid allows you to conveniently do this. It's essentially the same thing as the former loadout, though you'll have an easier time using it if you know where your opponents are, and take advantage of your teammate's positions. Analyze the routes of your enemies, and use this information as an advantage to splat them - this applies to both loadouts.

In conclusion, the Dapple Dualies Nouveau is a very good weapon and has served me well, especially considering the fact that I like to play very aggressively. This weapon is especially dangerous on stages like Manta Maria and The Reef - you can basically strike from anywhere you'd like, so long as you know what you're doing. I've found this weapon to be very useful in most game modes, more noticeably Splat Zones and Rainmaker (sometimes Tower Control), as it's easier to support my team by constantly splatting opponents and making sure that we're meeting our goal. My favorite abilities to use alongside the Dapple Dualies are Swim Speed Up, Ninja Squid, Stealth Jump and Quick Super Jump, as they offer support towards my aggressive playstyle. If your intention is to support your team through an offensive playstyle, I highly recommend using these abilities to your advantage.

uhhhhhhhh

Inkster Jr.
Ive been using this weapon as my main for a few weeks now and it quickly boosted up amongst the top of my list for wins and turf inked. I have a special focused loadout, sometimes switching between ninja squid or swim speed up shirt.

Hmm it’s not letting me upload a file so I’ll rundown my loadout gear:

Hat: tenacity, special charge up, 2 ink efficiency up (main)
Shirt: swim speed up: 2 more swim speed up, special power up
Shoes: all 4 special power up

I find that the ink storm is incredibly powerful with some special power ups because a lot of people underestimate it

ToonyBirb

Inkling
I personally would suggest ink saver sub if you have a team oriented playstyle. It’ll allow you to use disrupters to help your team.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Basically it's one of my go-to weapons when I'm upgrading gear because it doesn't really need anything.

But if I find myself using it when I'm not upgrading, I usually use:
2/6th Run Speed Up
2/6th Special Charge Up
1/6th Ink Saver Main
1/6th Ink Recovery Up

ISM and IRU help if you play quite aggressively. Run Speed Up is good because it allows you to paint a bit faster and since it's a close-range weapon that shoots it'll help you in duels. The remaining parts might as well go towards Ink Storm spamming.

NotToday

Inkling
NNID
jessmakingsure
Switch Friend Code
SW-1578-6014-5902
Hello! I main both Dapple Dualies (Nouveau & not) and I say your gear building is totally dependent on what type of player you are. Personally, when I main the Nouveau I like to have Special Power Up and Ink Recovery in there just because I use my sub a lot to get in close and splat other players. I also think Ninja Squid and Ink Resisitance is very beneficial as I like to sneak up and ambush the other team. As a result of Ninja Squid it’ll also probably help to have Swim Speed up too as Ninja Squid will make this slower.
However if you ever find yourself using the regular Dapple Dualies (my personal fav for ranked matches) I suggest you can somehow find room for Quick Super Jump as I am pretty reliant on the Dapple Dualies Squid Beacon to get back into action fast.
This is just a couple of options I think you should consider, because I’ve found it’s helped me. Hope I helped!

the

Inkling Commander
Hello! I main both Dapple Dualies (Nouveau & not) and I say your gear building is totally dependent on what type of player you are. Personally, when I main the Nouveau I like to have Special Power Up and Ink Recovery in there just because I use my sub a lot to get in close and splat other players. I also think Ninja Squid and Ink Resisitance is very beneficial as I like to sneak up and ambush the other team. As a result of Ninja Squid it’ll also probably help to have Swim Speed up too as Ninja Squid will make this slower.
However if you ever find yourself using the regular Dapple Dualies (my personal fav for ranked matches) I suggest you can somehow find room for Quick Super Jump as I am pretty reliant on the Dapple Dualies Squid Beacon to get back into action fast.
This is just a couple of options I think you should consider, because I’ve found it’s helped me. Hope I helped!
Im not super great with the dapples yet but I love beakons, have you considered using sub power up instead of (or maybe in combination with) quick super jump? In that case your whole team can jump in faster using your beakons. Cons would of course be that you won’t jump in as fast to a teammate if all of your beakons are used up.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
These are the sets are I usually go with:
https://loadout.ink/en-us/#010634294a501108421b21084
https://loadout.ink/en-us/#0106135ad6b01108421b21084

Run Speed Ups help with strafing and walking on certain stages such as Kelp Dome.
Ink Saver Sub is for spamming Toxic Mist to deny areas and prevent approaches.
Swim Speed Up is for general survivability/mobility
And Special Charge Up helps with pulling out Inkstorms more often and with a weapon that can paint as good as Dapple really helps you pull it out more often.

As for playstyle, I normally ink a path or focus on the objective and stay close to my team and approach when necessary. I use Toxic Mists to slow people down and to make them take another route or throw one and surprise attack when they're close enough. Dapples are deadly up-close, but sometimes its hard to go in on your own since Dapples has bad range. Its best to either: Stay near the team and approach with caution, or go in to try to score some kills.

Overall Dapples nouveau is a very good support weapon that has amazing kill potential.... With the right team support and situational awareness of course. :)

NotToday

Inkling
NNID
jessmakingsure
Switch Friend Code
SW-1578-6014-5902
Im not super great with the dapples yet but I love beakons, have you considered using sub power up instead of (or maybe in combination with) quick super jump? In that case your whole team can jump in faster using your beakons. Cons would of course be that you won’t jump in as fast to a teammate if all of your beakons are used up.
That’s a great idea! Definitely more so if you’re someone who the team relies on to get to the point faster. The reason I prefer Quick Super Jump though is because more often than not I find I’m the only one using my beacons (sadly). But then again maybe if I do have the Sub Power Up it would get people to use the beacons more. I’ll have to try it out now and see what I get more results from.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom