• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dark Tetra Dualies tips?

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
My main weapon in Splatoon 2 is the Dark Tetra Dualies and I'm really enjoying them so far :) But I wanna get better with them! Anyone got any tips? What abilities work best with them also?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I'm not the best Tetra player out there, so I can't really tell you how to play them per se. But, I do know the most common abilities that are often run on them. Quick spawn, Stealth jump, and Special saver are the common main abilities run on Tetras. A main and 2 subs of Main power up are also used sometimes to increase damage to 30 to destroy armor in one shot (Which is, ATM one of the best specials). The rest are usually utility subs such as Quick jump, Swim speed (2subs usually), Ink resistance and Bomb defense (usually 1 sub).

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Tetras, in a way, break the game. Not because they're too good, but because they're so fast. They accelerate the pace of a match tenfold and move from target to target faster than any other weapon. Your job as a Dark Tetra is to just annoy the enemy. Dodge in, drop a guy to low health, dodge out. You don't need to get excessive amounts of kills to do amazingly with Tetra. Simply be annoying and let your dedicated slayers (Tentatek Splattershot, Enperry Dualies, Blasters, etc.) finish them off.

Since you're constantly harassing the enemy, you're probably going to die more often than most. Quick Respawn, Stealth Jump, Quick Jump, Ninja Squid, and Swim Speed allow you to get back into position quickly and safely. Tetra has Splashdown, so don't even attempt to build it most of the time, as it won't be very useful.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Tetras, in a way, break the game. Not because they're too good, but because they're so fast. They accelerate the pace of a match tenfold and move from target to target faster than any other weapon. Your job as a Dark Tetra is to just annoy the enemy. Dodge in, drop a guy to low health, dodge out. You don't need to get excessive amounts of kills to do amazingly with Tetra. Simply be annoying and let your dedicated slayers (Tentatek Splattershot, Enperry Dualies, Blasters, etc.) finish them off.

Since you're constantly harassing the enemy, you're probably going to die more often than most. Quick Respawn, Stealth Jump, Quick Jump, Ninja Squid, and Swim Speed allow you to get back into position quickly and safely. Tetra has Splashdown, so don't even attempt to build it most of the time, as it won't be very useful.
I only use Splashdown when I'm Super Jumping and even then, I often get killed before I can even use it XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom