Dear Nintendo: Please let bots replace disconnected players

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I was left as the only person on my team thanks to disconnects one time. Bots are better than nothing, trust me.

Lenrap

Inkling
I hope this get into the next patch, even though the octoling AI tries to go into squid form in your color...

Siambretta

Inkling
NNID
Merkoth
?

This is Splatoon, not Dota. And a bot wouldn't solve the problem, but it would definitely help. This isn't even debatable.
I kinda agree with the "feeding" comment though: If you get splatted, you produce a small-ish ink explosion for the opposing teams, not only getting out of battle for some seconds but also losing turf at the same time.

You can see this with really bad team-members that don't realize they suck at fighting: they don't get a single kill, don't paint ground and make it easier for the enemy to gain turf. An Octoling-level bot wouldn't be much better IMO, so I'll pass on this feature. Moreover, it only happened once in the entire day for me, so it doesn't feel like a pressing matter ATM.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
As long as the bots are of the "Elite octoling AI" I am fine. I mean they are not humans, but they may gain a couple kills. One of the best things about splatoon is that even if you are bad at combat, you can still help your team literally by shooting at walls lol.

db132

Full Squid
I kinda agree with the "feeding" comment though: If you get splatted, you produce a small-ish ink explosion for the opposing teams, not only getting out of battle for some seconds but also losing turf at the same time.

You can see this with really bad team-members that don't realize they suck at fighting: they don't get a single kill, don't paint ground and make it easier for the enemy to gain turf. An Octoling-level bot wouldn't be much better IMO, so I'll pass on this feature. Moreover, it only happened once in the entire day for me, so it doesn't feel like a pressing matter ATM.
As opposed to there being no one there and the opposing player getting that same ink for free in addition to advancing without any impediment? Literally anything is better than having a non playing player score zero points in this game

Siambretta

Inkling
NNID
Merkoth
As opposed to there being no one there and the opposing player getting that same ink for free in addition to advancing without any impediment? Literally anything is better than having a non playing player score zero points in this game
Fair enough. I was thinking more from the point that most people seem to love fighting instead of painting, specially on a 4 vs 3.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is a good idea, yes. Public games only, though. I don't want friend lobbies to have bots in them (although an option would be great).

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
This is so frustrating in ranked battles especially. Combining that with Internet issues and I've not had the best time so far, but I don't mind as there's plenty of time to climb ranks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom