Defensive/Anchoring Sprinkler spots for Turf Wars. (WIP)

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
These spots are not for the sole purpose of turfing, but with the constant raining down of ink act as an anchor making sure that an area is in your teammates control. Many of these spots are in locations that are inconvenient for most weapons to take out.

I just started doing this so I have to wait for the rotations to come up with stages I havent covered yet

AROWANA MALL

This will help cover this small section and ramp

Covers the middle and the side walkway. Anyone who tries to take it out from the side walkway is a sitting duck

I only recommend doing this if most of your team is by your side.

Hands down the best spot to spawn camp. Covers the ramp and lets teammates swim up and they can swim under the lightpost and camp on this left side. Enemies cannot get you from the back, and anyone who tries to come from the right is an easy target as they have to jump across. --There is also a billboard atop this side that works just as well. Doesn't cover the ramp as nicely, but is harder to shoot down.

URCHIN UNDERPASS

For all these powerline spots, be sure to get it at an angle that would make it not so easy to shoot down.
--This spot covers this chokepoint

Lets your teammates swim up the ramp. Simple but effective

You can now spawn camp on the left side near the ramp. Its kinda easy to shoot this one down, but if your teammates are at your back this is most effective.

BLACKBELLY SKATEPARK

Covers this left side and inks up the ramp to middle tower as well

My favorite spot. Inks both sides.

PORT MACKEREL

This seriously one of the best spots ever. If you hold this spot down (play it safe, if you die then the sprinkler goes too-- no more anchor!) and let your teammates run thru, 90% of the time its complete takeover.
Enemies coming thru the corridors and blocked off and become super easy targets. Then there are the guys who try to take the higher paths and shoot down from the corners, still easy targets. All you gotta watch out for is the far-out paths. Might get an inkbrusher running out and lets his teammates superjump and escape.

Works on either side. Locks down whichever side you choose. People might try to flank you but jumping across the crates is just asking to get splatted.

WALLEYE WAREHOUSE

This stage is ridiculous for how many good spots there are.
--This spot covers the left side and the middle section. Enemies can try to jump on the crate (easy target) or go the right side with grated walkways (easy targets as they cant hide on the grates)

If you are unlucky and spawn on the side that doesn't have a light bulb high up then on the wall works too, just not as good.

Use this to start infiltrating the enemy. This can be thrown on from the bottom level beside the first ramp. Covers the middle and left walkways.

Most weapons cannot reach this spot. Its on the sign with "numbers" 24 on it. Covers the middle section.

Now this is where it gets ballsy and kinda ruthless. This spot covers the entire ramp section and even the little paths on either side. Spawn camped.

Locked at base.

SALTSPRAY RIG and BLUEFIN DEPOT
Made on a secondary post due to image limits

MORAY TOWERS
http://squidboards.com/threads/defe...kler-spots-for-turf-wars-wip.2949/#post-60508

CAMP TRIGGERFISH

Some stages like Kelp Dome, don't really have any good spots unless you are playing splatzones, but even then the map isn't linear enough.

Future stages too

Last edited:

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Are all of these spots reachable without a single bomb range upgrade?

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
SALTSPRAY RIG

Hands down the best spot on this map. This will help your team secure the top section.

Plan B, if someone gets past the first spot.

the following two work nicely, but are probably most effective in splatzones

of course, be sure to put them on your enemies side.

BLUEFIN DEPOT

Now this stage like Kelp Dome, is way too dynamic to be able to hold down certain spots (meaning enemies can easily flank you from multiple directions)
-This spot however has its benefits. People cannot come close to you without being vulnerable (Either go on the grates, or deal with the sprinkler). It has an easy escape route via the left path meaning no one can pop out from behind you.
Be sure to stay on the slope if you think someone approaches. If they throw a bomb, its harder to land it on this side. Keep track of your ink too.

With the Kelp charger, I managed to get 11 kills from just camping on this side.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
NOTE TO ALL SPRINKLER USERS (since I know many will come here):

A great way to get your team quickly out into the open at the beginning is for your first action to he placing a Sprinkler on the spawn point, effectively covering the surrounding area so people can instantly charge forward. Now, of course, this won't completely work on stages with huge spawn areas (Urchin Underpass, Port Mackerel, and Kelp Dome) but it will be very effective on stages with tiny spawn areas (Walleye Warehouse, Blackbelly Skatepark, Arowana Mall, Bluefin Depot, Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, and Flounder Heights). This may work on Saltspray Rig, but your best bet may either be to place down two if possible or to place one down and quickly get the outsides, letting it do most of the work.

By the way, those are great strategic locations to keep in mind during battles. Thank you for these tips, and I hope we see some more for the new stages coming soon!

EDIT: On second thought, for this strategy to work at its best, one would probably want as many sub savers as possible on one's gear in order to still have enough ink to charge forward without getting low and having to refill near the spawn point. Just a recommendation!

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned the moving platform on Saltspray Rig. Throw a sprinkler so its hanging upside down from the moving platform in the giant square section. Since the platform moves all over the place, it will ink that entire part of the map, while you focus on the lower half and the corridors.

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
I'm surprised no one mentioned the moving platform on Saltspray Rig. Throw a sprinkler so its hanging upside down from the moving platform in the giant square section. Since the platform moves all over the place, it will ink that entire part of the map, while you focus on the lower half and the corridors.
I don't think many people know about that moving platform. I have only seen it being utilized in two games. But a sprinkler up there is godly for turf wars. Since then I have been placing it in there in every game I get a chance. If you defend the middle well enough as well other players won't be able to destroy it for the entire duration of the match.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
thats not the point of this thread. this is using the sprinkler as wall for defense and not inking turf.
theres another sprinkler guide that i believe mentions the moving platform on saltspray

sgwidia

Inkling
NNID
juli07
thats not the point of this thread. this is using the sprinkler as wall for defense and not inking turf.
theres another sprinkler guide that i believe mentions the moving platform on saltspray
Okay, why did you make a thread instead of a guide?

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
MORAY TOWERS

theres really only one highly contested area and thats here. this will make it hard for those who try to climb up and will automatically re-ink trails from snipers

the last one is least susceptible to e-liters. just look at your enemies during the spawn sequence. pick whichever spot you like its all the same.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I don't think many people know about that moving platform. I have only seen it being utilized in two games. But a sprinkler up there is godly for turf wars. Since then I have been placing it in there in every game I get a chance. If you defend the middle well enough as well other players won't be able to destroy it for the entire duration of the match.
I actually was playing with a friend last night that put a Squid Beakon on that platform.

FREAKING.
GENIUS.

So I jumped to it, weakened an invader with a few Burst Bombs, then ambushed and destroyed.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
This is my absolute favorite spot on Camp Triggerfish

It covers the main walkway and is almost impossible to get down. (Someone I played with used an Inkstrike just to get rid of the Sprinkler. XD)
Also the range on it if anyone's interested.

Top right one is if you put it on top of the wing, bottom left one is if you put it under the wing. I don't notice much of a difference between the two.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
CAMP TRIGGERFISH

covers the small walkway.helps fight off anyone who tries to crossover

covers the floodgate area. put this when the gates go up.

great for spawn camping if you use the charger. people will have a hard time approaching and challenge your range

this is by far the best spot for both turf wars and splat zones. recommend this with the dynamo roller/charger . the sign acts as a shield and the sprinkler will reink the area around. this will help you stop anyone coming from the main walkway or over the wall. no one should be able to crossover before the gates go down if your team can hold this down.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This is going to be golden for those times when I use a Sprinkler. I can imagine the enemy having a hard time getting those down without splatting the one responsible for putting them there.

That said, I should also watch out for when they use those spots to hold up my team. If they get there first, I guess only a few special weapons and/or splatting the Sprinkler user will free up the area.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This is quite the fantastic thread. I will make sure to study these spots later, since a couple of the weapons I tend to use have the sprinkler as their sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom