Depraved patch note ideas

tapout

Inkling
holyyy this is a lot; frankly, it's kind of impressive
the only balance idea ive ever had that seems to get people excited is extending the duration of zipcaster for every kill you get during it, but it's nice to see some people get obsessive over the potential balance of the game :D

satchmoReturns

Inkling
There's a lot to unpack here, but I just wanted to point out a few things:

1. The angle shooter "special stealing" idea is really crazy. Easily my favorite thing here. I actually think it would be better suited as a gear ability like thermal ink. It could steal the amount of damage dealt divided by 10, so one carbon horizontal swing = 10 points. Could be helpful for weapons that focus more on fighting and killing and otherwise annoying everyone.

2. You mentioned the Luna Blaster's competition with Tri Slosher and suggested a blast radius buff. I think the major problem with the Luna vs the Tri is that its mobility is way worse. Even the default Blaster has less endlag after firing (23 vs 26 frames), and that also has better range to take fights more safely. It's already good enough at getting funny kills around walls. If it's going to compete with Tri, it should be more mobile to keep up with other weapons in its range bracket so it could be more effective in every other context.

3. About the Clash blaster, how about having it paint a full, clean line with one blast like all the other ones? That's what they did with Splatana Wiper. Imagine having the Clash compete with Wiper. It would be very on brand. While we're at it, give it the same object damage multipliers as Wiper to give it a niche as an AoE object damage weapon.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
There's a lot to unpack here, but I just wanted to point out a few things:

1. The angle shooter "special stealing" idea is really crazy. Easily my favorite thing here. I actually think it would be better suited as a gear ability like thermal ink. It could steal the amount of damage dealt divided by 10, so one carbon horizontal swing = 10 points. Could be helpful for weapons that focus more on fighting and killing and otherwise annoying everyone.

2. You mentioned the Luna Blaster's competition with Tri Slosher and suggested a blast radius buff. I think the major problem with the Luna vs the Tri is that its mobility is way worse. Even the default Blaster has less endlag after firing (23 vs 26 frames), and that also has better range to take fights more safely. It's already good enough at getting funny kills around walls. If it's going to compete with Tri, it should be more mobile to keep up with other weapons in its range bracket so it could be more effective in every other context.

3. About the Clash blaster, how about having it paint a full, clean line with one blast like all the other ones? That's what they did with Splatana Wiper. Imagine having the Clash compete with Wiper. It would be very on brand. While we're at it, give it the same object damage multipliers as Wiper to give it a niche as an AoE object damage weapon.
For 1, that’s a really cool idea, though maybe as an ability it would be kind of ridiculous. If there is a good way to balance it as an ability, then maybe allow for oneshot weapons to be better (good thing since I did nerf chargers). That being said, if it were to be implemented, 1p per 10 damage seems fair.
For 2, now that you say it yeah, maybe the blast radius increase isn’t what it is looking for. I think making the endlag the same as vblaster should be fine.
For 3, you are an absolute genius, I completely forgot about that Wiper buff, that would be awesome to put on clash and would make it quite interesting in that regard. The object damage MIGHT be pushing it a bit though. Matching Wiper’s is at least to me a little insane. But the other one about the paint trail goes insane and definitely going to add that when I get the chance.

Milfmacron

Inkling
hey, i'm not extremely good at game balance, but i wanted to hear your thoughts on why Big Swig should get modified so little, compared to a lot of other options even inside its own class, considering it's currently considered a low tier and is barely played (except maybe at low level? even then not sure)

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
hey, i'm not extremely good at game balance, but i wanted to hear your thoughts on why Big Swig should get modified so little, compared to a lot of other options even inside its own class, considering it's currently considered a low tier and is barely played (except maybe at low level? even then not sure)
Swig is interesting in that the main weapon has a very clear extreme strength of the best paint in the game. The problem however is that the current meta is very fight heavy, which Swig can’t fight, combine that with Swig having the two worst subs it could have possibly gotten and that makes for a weapon that isn’t strong but is very unsafe to buff. In short, I think Swig would be fine as a main weapon in another environment. Maybe if cooler wasn’t as strong

Milfmacron

Inkling
Swig is interesting in that the main weapon has a very clear extreme strength of the best paint in the game. The problem however is that the current meta is very fight heavy, which Swig can’t fight, combine that with Swig having the two worst subs it could have possibly gotten and that makes for a weapon that isn’t strong but is very unsafe to buff. In short, I think Swig would be fine as a main weapon in another environment. Maybe if cooler wasn’t as strong
I see! makes sense makes sense..

SIDEUP

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
NNID
ivySIDEUP
Switch Friend Code
SW-2455-5468-9107
dynamo got a lot of buffs so that means its good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom