Describe the Map You Would Make for Multiplayer.

How many more multiplayer maps do you want?

• Total voters

PacoTaco

Inkling
NNID
PacoTaco56
Describe the map you would make for multiplayer. My map would be one big circle with the teams spawning on opposite sides with a wall in the middle. There would be four ways to the other side, two over the wall and two under. I made a rough sketch so it made more sense. The dotted lines would be the tunnels to the other side and the outer lines would be the bridges over. What would map look like? Also how many more maps do you want? I think 4-5 more is a reasonable number.

Attachments

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster

i wouldn't want there to be too many maps. i'd rather have a handful of maps with a lot of effort and good design choices put into them, that reward player creativity and skill like the current ones do. so i would have to agree that 4-5 more would be a good number.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
A rail-based Deathmatch map where players slide down a water slide (of ink) beside the enemy team's inkslide. Climbing back up and slide some more.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I'd love to see some sort of aquarium based map with elevated catwalk portions over tanks. If there were a map like this made, there would have to be at least one tank filled with regular squids. Regarding the total number of maps for multiplayer, I would be perfectly content with 10 but I would be very pleased if the total were closer to 12.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I think a metropolitan setting would lead to a cool map. Narrow pathways for close combat, numerous walls to swim through (and go on top of to snipe) and a large circular middle to battle for.

As for the number of maps, 8-10 would be fine for me.

Squilliam

Inkling
NNID
AwesomeAdz
My map would be based on a night time circus world, much like in Super Mario 3D World. It would have a massive Free For All center with a ferris whell you could ride, and the respawn points would be inside big tents.

Inkling
NNID
Bug370
Map Name: The Splatter Bowl

Basicly a huge Bowl with Multiple Rotating Parts
The Inside of the Bowl would be simple and have a lot of Turf to Ink and little Cover
Outside the rim of the Bowl would be more technical obstacles and platforms that favor Chargers and the assassins that hunt hem

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 1.48.17 PM.png
\

Map Name: Seahorse Square

The map is a nice oval with sections shaped to make it easy for people to walk into the square and to respawn in battle!

Thing about the square is that travel to the center is a lot more safe, but takes knowing of where the enemy is and if they are doing it too. This comes in the form of Ink Rails that correspond to the ink color your on. They are blocked off from the enemy team, so they can't travel through them.

Knowing this, the square has not a lot of high ground. The walls are fairly large around the small circle, so they can be used to snipe enemies on the rail. That's just about it though. This tests your knowledge on map awareness and all of that in a firefight in a small circle of death!

NNID
coneyislandking
I would love to see an amusement park/ fair type of map with a merry-go-round but with seahorses and maybe a rollercoaster that can take you around the map

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Carnival or Amusement park- pretty likely since they reuse assets and it was one of the themes from single player. I personally would love a haunted mansion or American suburbs style map or an abandoned zoo, electrical plant, or wind farm.

Dave1

Inkling
The map I would make has the two spawns separated by a long rectangular corridor filled with water. In the water are ramps sticking out that you can hop along whilst advancing towards the enemy base. Lastly the walls run high, are all inkable, and have grates lined on different levels so there is a vertical aspect to the deathmatch map. :)

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
>sees poll
>reminded of this:
>top kek

I'd like to either see a map as small as Cooper's testing area, or so ridiculously vast and spacious to the point where the losing team's worst player usually gets at least a thousand and the others even more, but splats are very uncommon. Both sound like interesting kinds of maps to fiddle around with.

oh, and btw, inb4 japanese high school map xdddddddddd

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
I'd actually like to see Inkopolis Plaza as a map. But not in it's exact state right now. It's more like this:

• Big, circle-like arena.
  • Tower in the middle divides the 2 half-circles.
  • You can climb the tower.
  • You can run around on the roofs of the stores.
I think that'd be neat.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I'd actually like to see Inkopolis Plaza as a map. But not in it's exact state right now. It's more like this:

• Big, circle-like arena.
  • Tower in the middle divides the 2 half-circles.
  • You can climb the tower.
  • You can run around on the roofs of the stores.
I think that'd be neat.
Love that idea, or maybe you could go in the stores instead, and the shop keepers do animations if you splat them like seagulls on saltspray rig, either way that's a good idea. why didn't I think of it -.-''

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
Love that idea, or maybe you could go in the stores instead, and the shop keepers do animations if you splat them like seagulls on saltspray rig, either way that's a good idea. why didn't I think of it -.-''
I almost forgot that the seagulls do that. Nice idea! Maybe these cute little squid-guys that also hang around in the plaza could be there too, flipping out and not knowing what's going on, running in circles. They'd work as some kind of hazard maybe?

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I almost forgot that the seagulls do that. Nice idea! Maybe these cute little squid-guys that also hang around in the plaza could be there too, flipping out and not knowing what's going on, running in circles. They'd work as some kind of hazard maybe?
Lets call nintendo now, they should be writing this down, callie and marie could be doing a live news report on the battle in there studio. and for those little jellyfish people, I don't know how they could be a hazard, maybe sting you or if you shoot them they get annoyed so they remove some of your ink when they run around? xD perhaps we're thinking of too many gimicks but it sounds fun at least

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Yeah, this could work as a large map (like Kelp Dome, but with more stuff).

As for my own map ideas, perhaps a map on a train would be nice. Like, a moving train, with 6 cars (the farthest two for the spawn points, the two closer to the center would have a bunch of furniture to use for cover, the center cars would be just floors with crates for climbing and cover). Its cars would be fairly wide, and have kinda-high-ish ceilings, but the two center cars would be just a floor (no walls/ceilings) with boxes to climb up and/or use for cover, letting you more easily access the tops of the cars (there would be small platforms outside the windows, but you would have to ink up the side of the train from there, whereas you could just jump from the boxes to the roofs). You would start inside the cars, but could go outside via the windows and run along the tops of the cars (which you could also ink), which have no cover, so you have to be wary of flanking and ambushes but can hold off oncoming attackers with long-range weapons. The roofs of the two cars between the crates and the spawn points (times like this make me wish I could draw so I could illustrate this somehow) would have grate and non-grated roofs, allowing limited use of Inkstrikes beyond the center without making them useless (though the cars with spawn points would have no grating on their roofs, so you can't Inkstrike the spawn cars). Windows would be placed on both sides of each car, with 1 pair on the spawn-point-cars and 2 pairs on the cars after that (one set near the spawn-point-car and one near the center cars); there are none on the center cars, but those have no walls or roofs anyway. Occasionally, the train would turn to the left or right (I want to say every 30 seconds, but it could be more/less), both shifting the layout a bit (skewing to the left/right, essentially) and making the center car's boxes and whatever furniture is inside the train's cars slide to one side or the other (not necessarily all the way, or even all the furniture), returning to its original position once the turn is completed (I would make this 30 seconds, just to make the changes once per minute each, but it could be more/less as well). Each half of the stage would be a mirror of the other.
For Splat Zones, there would be 2 Zones, and they would be on both of the center cars. I can't think of a better place to put them, and it forces combat to take both Zones (which I think is important for Splat Zones).
For Tower Control, the Tower would start in the exact center of the map and take a kind of S-shaped path through the center before settling on the rooftop of the nearby car (on each side). The Tower's path would shift to the left/right when the train turns (so it would stay the same), but it would mostly go through boxless areas, allowing enemies to attack the Tower from similar or higher elevation to the Tower's platform.
Overall, it's certainly a different sort of map from what we currently have, one that frequently changes and forces you to alter your strategy and forces combat by being fairly linear while still allowing the use of multiple routes via the rooftops.

And here's another one:
Octo Valley, a straightforward map that incorporates several single-player objects.
Both sides start with a tower, with the spawn point for each team at the top. From there, you can leap down to a fairly-wide rectangular platform that slopes downward, except for two plateaus in the middle of the platform on each side that have an Inkrail on them, leading to two tallish side platforms flanking the center one. The Inkrails are each one team's color from the start of the match, and cannot be changed. In the center is a fairly low but very wide platform, with 4 fairly tall circular platforms on the sides (2 on each side, 1 per Inkrail; very close, but you still have to hop to move between them). The exact center of the platform has a Sponge a bit above it, which can be enlarged by firing into it (though you can still walk under it, even at maximum size); if one team has enlarged it, the other can shrink it back down by shooting at it, then grow it in their own color. The Sponge could be used as a vantage point to attack the side platforms, but is also large enough at maximum size to maybe reach the side platforms by jumping from it. The side platforms in the center have non-inkable walls, so you can't climb up them, but there are also small circles of land around them at center-platform-height, letting you go around them to attack the enemy's side of the map or attack enemies in the center from behind.
In Ranked, the Sponge is gone, replaced with a pair of grated platforms bridging the side platforms above the center. Additionally, there are inkable blocks on each side of the center, letting you access the side platforms from the center.
In Splat Zones, there is only 1 Zone, on the center platform. Controlling the grate-bridges is critical, but you mustn't neglect the side platforms either or you'll be flanked and driven away.
In Tower Control, the Tower is shorter than usual, and its path is a straight line, then turns at the end to stop at the right side of the spawn-point-tower. It's a bit like Walleye Warehouse, but even straighter, if that helps visualize it.
Overall, it's a very straightforward map, but I think it could work. The center is the focal point of the map, but the Inkrails can be used to attack enemies trying to encroach on your base up to a certain point (since you can jump off of them to get some extra height, then rain ink down on your foes) as well as providing an alternate route to the center, and the Sponge is useful for keeping a higher vantage point to snipe from, if you can keep enemies away from it. In Ranked, the grate-bridges let you dominate the center if you can control them, but you still have to be alert to avoid getting flanked from the side platforms or from behind (since you can sneak around the side platforms). I'm not sure this one is good, but it might work.

Also, @gameonion & @Taiga Kagami that sounds like a great idea too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom