Discussion-How has the Meta changed?

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
From Day 1 to now, it's almost been a month since Splatoon's release. By now, most have reached Level 20, some are at A+ 99, and most importantly, the meta has changed. From the original Testfire weapon complaints to the Kraken and Inkstrikes, how has the meta changed since start of Splatoon?

NOTE-Results may vary, as some players COULD consider the Testfire as Day 1.

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
splattershot jr is still the best weapon

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
The meta will begin to develop when we can party teams in August. Until then, we're stuck with solo que, which in all games is irrelevant and has a different meta than the "real" game in party teams anyway.

That being said, there are trends to observe, like how often you're seeing Kraken Rollers or the kinda of gear people are equipping over time. That can actually be really interesting.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Turf War weapon Tier List:

God's Gift:
Gold Dynamo Roller
Dynamo Roller

Please don't shoot me as I point *****:
Aerospray RG
Aerospray
Splattershot Jr.

I only have to press 1 button:
Krak-on Roller
Roller

I'm not good enough to play Charger in ranked so I pick on pubbers:
All Chargers

PolarisAegis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kirbyfreek33
Within A- through A+ I'm most commonly seeing Tentatek Splattershots, Krak-On Rollers, Krak-On Rollers, and Custom Blasters. The general strategy for basically anyone is to be constantly jumping and firing because you have next to no detriments for being in the air. Oh, except if your'e a charger. Chargers get to have lower charge time in the air for some reason. Luna Blasters seem to be appearing a bit more often as well on stages like Bluefin Depot, as the short range can actually be more useful for guarding within the zone there.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
The general strategy for basically anyone is to be constantly jumping and firing because you have next to no detriments for being in the air.
This happens way too often. Your movement is very restricted which makes you easy pickings for long ranged weapons, especially chargers. Spamming jumps really only works very close range. If you can outrange them spamming jumps will only save you for a short amount of time since you can't regenerate. There are often better options such as most sub weapons. As soon as people realise this the better.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
This happens way too often. Your movement is very restricted which makes you easy pickings for long ranged weapons, especially chargers. Spamming jumps really only works very close range. If you can outrange them spamming jumps will only save you for a short amount of time since you can't regenerate. There are often better options such as most sub weapons. As soon as people realise this the better.
Jumping increases Dynamo's movement speed.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Chargers are really powerful if you stay consistent. Krak-on roller is stupidly powerful with tenacity and special up perks.
Question. Would it be better to run x3 special charge ups or 2 + tenacity. I'm thinking the latter on this one. Any chance you know the limit to how many charges ups you can even have?

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Tenacity really isn't all that great. It's good but it's not a necessity. I would only use it on a Charger.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
It went from Rollers are the meta to jumping is the new meta so far. Seeing a lot more jumpers, and has a charger I am annoyed. Also for some reason people still see Squad Jump as a valid option for the middle of the battle field...oh and inkstriking in the middle of the battlefield.

Although tell truth I have seen someone bait me with a squid jump, the person they squid jump to pmuch saw I was after that kill, and protected their team mate, props to them.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Jumping increases Dynamo's movement speed.
My apologies, I wasn't aware of that. In general though spamming jumps isn't usually going to be the best thing to do unless your really close to the enemy.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
Long range weapons currently rule the day in solo queue. Chargers are hit or miss (heh). If you're on point, there's no stopping you and you can carry an entire team. Miss one shot and get pushed from your perch, though, and you better pray to God that your team isn't full of idiots.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
I think most people have realized prioritizing kills will win you the match, which is something I saw a lot more debate over before.
Also I think most people have come to accept that gear abilities basically don't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom