Discussion on Weapon Limits in Tournament

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Meh, this limit rule they've added to the tourney kinda seems irrelevant now with the upcoming patch. Although I think limiting is a great idea, I think 2 would've been a much better way to originally test it. With 2 you can really assess show big the problem is, and then move down to one if necessary for the Kraken or Splash wall.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
1.Care to explain their tactics/ sniper spots? It would be interesting if there was a place a 3k could camp that could overcome the hindrance of the vertical ramps. You know, since shooting at random heads popping up shooting on the overlook and high ramp won't get you any kills at all. And, also because camping in the zone/ sneak ramp will expose you to opposing snipers and close range fighters that drop from the overlook. Also, if a 3k actually could do something that wasn't pointless pressure sniping from the zone/ burst bombing the zone ramp I think you should share it with us because that could change the meta of moray towers.
2. I use all weapons, the ones listed in my signature are the ones I used to get to S+ a month ago.
Just a reminder, these tactics are based on the hypothetical two sniper scenario.

1. I would say an excellent spot for a sniper on the defending, or opposing side of the map would be on the overlook on top of the grate platforms with the blue box. (I apologize for not knowing all the exact names of each part of the map since I know there is a name for each one.) On the defending side, one sniper sets up in the usual overlook above the plaza. The other sets up by the blue box, which will most likely stop any advancement of the tower or rainmaker carrier.

On an offensive approach, the overlook with the blue box may become a great place for a sniper to support their teammates moving up the ramps. While the other could be free to take the rainmaker, or stay in the middle in case enemies try to cover ground, or try to come at a teammate from behind. The offensive approach is certainly harder than the defensive approach, for the record.

Are there ways around these strategies? Absolutely! I know two snipers on moray towers can be more of a detriment than a asset. However, if we are speaking in purely competitive terms, two excellent snipers aren't content with just hanging back. They can, and will help the tower/rainmaker advance into enemy territory, and they have the equipment(burst bombs, kraken etc.) to be helpful enough to make that grand push to win the match.

If one looked my posts on snipers, they would think I believe they are these unbeatable, broken, OP, weapons. I don't think so, but as someone who certainly overestimates the abilities of chargers, I like to think about hypothetical scenarios, as well as reflect on my personal experiences. From those experiences, two enemy snipers either mean, an easy win, or frustrating mess where a mismatched team of shooters and rollers cannot hope to advance.

And, just to clarify, I never claimed to have some new, brilliant tactic to change the meta game of moray towers. I was merely bringing up an idea that could translate into a problematic situation that people may want to consider limiting. That is the point of a forum, right? Discuss things about the game, strategies, ideas. Even if I'm dead wrong, I hope I gave you something to think about regarding the game.

Kevin304

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin304
The charger counter is inkzooka.You should always have one in your team.You might get outranged by the 3k but you can move foward a little and if you trade it's gives an advantage to your team since snipers are so important

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The charger counter is inkzooka.You should always have one in your team.You might get outranged by the 3k but you can move foward a little and if you trade it's gives an advantage to your team since snipers are so important
Very true, I usually have a weapon with an inkzooka on Moray Towers rotations just for that reason.

Ok, that makes sense. I only said changing the meta because that is what you would have had to type in order to change my mind about limiting the amount of snipers you can have on moray towers.
You don't have to worry about me trying to lecture others on changing the meta. I may be really into Splatoon, but I would never consider myself a competitive authority. I just like to share my ideas, as weird and pointless as they may be. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom