• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do people not like the Squelchers?

Dark.Pch

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dark.Pch
I don't see much talk about the weapon here. And I met some people who complain about the weapon cause its not the best at killing. I main the weapon and I switch between types depending on map and mode. I have reached S a few times in ranked battles. Though it was not easy. I feel with that weapon you really have to play good support and have alot of patience. As well as good movement when things get rough or it's times to carry out our advantage.

I use to play more up close weapons in rank but had a hard time getting anything done. Since you can't really tell what your teammates will do. So for this reason I decided to learn a weapon that I can cover people well. The charger takes alot of time to get really good with. So I picked the Jet Squelcher. It was hard at first but I got better at it over time and realized my role with it. I use Dual Squelchers when there are maps where there is not much space for me. I just give up range for a bit of fire rate.

So what do you guys think of Squelchers?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
*This probably shouldn't be in Splatoon 2 discussion as we can only answer this question based on Splatoon 1*

I like both variants a lot, especially the Jet which used to be my main. Yeah the Dual Squelcher kills slower than the other shooters in it's range tier, but otherwise it is better than the the .96 Gal and Splattershot Pro in every way. I think it's not only the kill time that's a problem for people, but also the power of it's kits, or rather the lack of without sure kill specials like Inkzooka and Kraken. Give the Dual Squelcher Bubbler and I bet you'd see a lot more people using it.

Haven't seen much complaints for the Jet Squelcher as it's slow kill time is made up for by outranging every other shooter, but yeah it's not the most popular weapon either. The vanilla is definitely held back by having Inkstrike as it's special, but the Custom is all around a very good weapon.

Also for both weapons, enough damage up can allow them to deal 99.9 damage after 3 hits, splatting those who even slighty touch your ink. Also extends their effective range a bit, and for the Dual Squelcher prevents it from becoming a 5 hit kill against heavy defense up builds.

Dark.Pch

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dark.Pch
Dang, I thought I posted this in the splatoon 1 area. Sorry about that. Maybe I could get a mod to move this.

And thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I don't see much talk about the weapon here. And I met some people who complain about the weapon cause its not the best at killing.
WHAAAAT? I had no idea people thought so lowly of Squelchers. I've been madly in love with them for around a year. A Custom Dual Squelcher got me to S and a Custom Jet Squelcher got me to S+. I would love it if these weapons returned in Splatoon 2.

Edit: Oh, wow. I didn't even realize this thread was in the wrong forum. I was just so drawn to the title and had to click on it.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
Squelchers are just as viable as any other weapon from what I can tell. The range is big for the Jet squelchers, and Dual squelchers are decent range with higher rof. They probably have a lackluster appearance to most players because their sub & specials aren't as reliable for the known meta as weapons like the 96 gal., for instance. At least, that's my best guess.

My personal favorite is a bit of a cheese strategy with Dual Squelcher: tons of Quick Respawn & Quick Super Jump, spam Beakons and flank seemingly endlessly.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Squelchers are just as viable as any other weapon from what I can tell. The range is big for the Jet squelchers, and Dual squelchers are decent range with higher rof. They probably have a lackluster appearance to most players because their sub & specials aren't as reliable for the known meta as weapons like the 96 gal., for instance. At least, that's my best guess.

My personal favorite is a bit of a cheese strategy with Dual Squelcher: tons of Quick Respawn & Quick Super Jump, spam Beakons and flank seemingly endlessly.
^^^

this can be a very tough strategy to counter in TW, as dual squelchers outrange so many other weapons. players tend to play riskier in their own spawns and try to rush you, netting you splats and distracting the enemy team from where they should be focused.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
In my time on the game, Squelchers popped up just as often as anything else. They're perfectly viable, just unsung compared to other weapons because of their loadouts like Kodidro said, and well, there's not a lot to talk about. The Gals have great killing power that makes damage up a big deal, that foments discussion. Squelchers have range for days. That's pretty much it for many people.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I think they're solid. I prefer heavier hitters to the Dual Squelchers but I'm a big fan of the two Jets. The Jets are the few weapons I can handle in S+. My strategy amounts to finding "hallways" with minimal maneuvering room and shooting the enemy waaay outside their range, plus being general support with inking and beacons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom