Do you feel bad for the opposing team having a disconnected teammate?

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
If a player disconnects in the middle of a match, you take the full point deduction. If a player disconnects before the battle starts, you only lose 1 point.
you sure i have had many battles wear teammates disappear and i lose less (about 8) but never 1 (i won't complain if that was the case though) who knows maybe it's just me

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I don't think there's anything wrong with fighting a team with disconnects. It's just playing the game, I'm gonna play, it doesn't matter if someone disconnected or not.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I feel bad for teams that have a disconnect. We all know how it feels to lose because you were down a member and losing because of that can put you down. I mean, at that point, you only have a 15% chance of winning (it's possible but don't count it =/). When I do see someone on the opposite team disconnect, I kinda feel ashamed of winning because it wasn't a fair fight. I'd rather lose to a team of 4 skilled players than win against a team that had a disconnect.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I only notice if the other team has a disconnect if my team starts to spawn camp them and they don't have a special rush. I'll hang back and look at the squids for awhile to see if one never pops up.

But I always try to play the game hard, even if disconnects are on my team. During the last splatfest we had a guy disconnect before the game started so we were left with me (.52 deco) and two splatchargers/scopes. We won that won because 1) moray towers and 2) we played hard. I expect the other team to play hard, even if they have a disconnect, so I don't "show mercy." Whatever that even means in this context...

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
I'd feel more bad for my team if we ended up losing that lol

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Absolutely, bro. If I see someone DC before the match, I'll do my best to give mercy.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
I rather enjoy my time if the opponents have a disconnecter, but so do I if peope do on my team. It's a rare moment, but a nice change of pace so now and then.

DJVee

Inkling
NNID
DJVeeWolf
Yeah. It's like a power play for the whole match, and it's not really fair to the afflicted. Now, that being said, if they come back and win the shebang, I can't help but feel happy for them. That feeling is awesome. I've played a 4v1 match before, and generally held back, considering the poor lone ranger was doing best they could. It wasn't fun essentially steamrolling over a one-kid team the whole time, and I felt plain terrible. There's just no honor in a match like that.

I've noticed that I've seen way fewer DC splatted squids on the top row lately, though I would assume DC'd players show up with zeroed stats in the results? Was something changed recently, or have DC'd players I've played with simply disconnected shortly before the match ends?

Polimario

Inkling
NNID
Polimario
Most of the time when the enemy team has disconnects I don't really notice until the results screen.

I won't hold back. The show must go on and all. Enemy team gets disconnects, I'll still fight. My team gets disconnects, I'll still fight.

That's not to say I'm apathetic. Like this one match where three of the opposing team disconnected, leaving just a lone Heavy Splatling Deco player to fend off my team. Felt terrible for that player's situation once I saw the results.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Yes and no. It happens many many times to me, a lot of times I get 3vs4 and it makes me want to pull my tentacles out, so I feel their pain.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I have had a few games where we'll destroy the other team come to find out they were missing a person or two. There goes my excitement, I don't like to win that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom