• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you feel bad when it's 4 vs 1 during splatfests?

Four vs one splatfest match?

• Yeah... Seems pretty unfair.

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Nope! Winning is all that matters!

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Yuubi

Full Squid
^ Title saids all. Earlier this morning when splatfest started my first match was full team waterslides vs 2 Rollercoasters I went to bed after that, when I got back up again after six or seven matches it was then full team of waterslides all level 20 vs a lonesome level 13 rollercoaster. I felt really bad that I did not even bother to help to help out my team, of course he seemed to be doing "Ok" on his own but alas my team came and corner him at his spawn point. I also kind of felt bad for not even helping my team out, but I purely think it is wrong and not even fun cornering someone at their spawn point, especially if it's four against one.

How do you feel about four vs one splatfest matches?

Dream21

Full Squid
One hundred percent upset. I will play but don't do much but ink our base.

I've had a game where it was 1vs4 last Splatfest, and since I had tenacity I usually had bomb rush. I stayed at my spawn and just threw bombs. Better than getting killed.

The other team I think ran into the bombs on purpose eventually they were so bored of just sitting there.

Last edited:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I really didn't like it when it was happening repeatedly during the last splatfest. As I think I said then, I was irritated by how aggressively my team tended to pursue the lone opponent, effectively forcing them to spend the three minutes at the spawn and not even get their 2 points for inking 400. Not very nice - I would have been happy to leave them to it. Still, this time around it's not happened once, and the matchmaking seems much better (in the EU this is).

DWK

Inkling
NNID
danceswithkoopas
I thought I felt bad about it but on this last game it happened I couldn't stop laughing as this sole inkling had to deal with horrible death after death. Even so, when it got close to the end I (and apparently the rest of my team) did let him out the spawn trap for a consolation run. This is how it should be when someone manages to hang around for the whole round on their own without rage quitting.

Anyway, I'm in the UK and I think I've had two 4v4 Eating v Sleeping matches in the first two hours. The rest have been outnumbered formalities or eat vs eat food fights, so Nintendo needs to either go back to the drawing board with Splatfest or give up on it altogether.

Yuubi

Full Squid
I really didn't like it when it was happening repeatedly during the last splatfest. As I think I said then, I was irritated by how aggressively my team tended to pursue the lone opponent, effectively forcing them to spend the three minutes at the spawn and not even get their 2 points for inking 400. Not very nice - I would have been happy to leave them to it. Still, this time around it's not happened once, and the matchmaking seems much better (in the EU this is).
EU is having their splatfest now? Though I think NA match making is terrible or glitchy... I've seen a neutral splat fest tee on the rollercoaster side when I got splatted by him. (This was before I ventured to the four vs one battle). If I'm correct you cannot see other regions splatfest tees and they can't see yours... Going to guess that was a EU player. I wish I could have Screen shot that but I have no cam capture not to mention you cannot post in miiverse while doing turf/rank battles, and plus it was in the heat of the battle so by the time I would have gotten my phone to hurry up and screenshot I would have missed it. It may been a glitch though after the results I've gotten booted out. :/

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah just started a couple of hours ago. That would be strange, but wouldn't surprise me at all, and I think you're right that it shouldn't show as a neutral tee if it's one of the NA teams.

Yuubi

Full Squid
I thought I felt bad about it but on this last game it happened I couldn't stop laughing as this sole inkling had to deal with horrible death after death. Even so, when it got close to the end I (and apparently the rest of my team) did let him out the spawn trap for a consolation run. This is how it should be when someone manages to hang around for the whole round on their own without rage quitting.

Anyway, I'm in the UK and I think I've had two 4v4 Eating v Sleeping matches in the first two hours. The rest have been outnumbered formalities or eat vs eat food fights, so Nintendo needs to either go back to the drawing board with Splatfest or give up on it altogether.

I can agree with your first paragraph if you're going to bully during splatfest at least let the loner get his/her points ranked I wish my team let him gain his 400ps but they quickly filled our territory up and ran towards him for the spawn killing.

I think nintendo should even out both sides for example if one side is popular in demand, that side should be closed off for choosing until the opposite side has enough players for the popular side to be re-opened again. I know a lot of people would probably not like this ideal because of the lack of choice making from the get-go or not being able to pick the side you wish to be on from the start but to rule out that choice making they will need to let players at least have the options to change teams three days in advance before splatfest make them pay 3k gold or something just to change fractions.

That's just me though...

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I was the 1 last night, and yes, I felt bad for me. I still went 6-3 though, so at least I had that!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
They showed no mercy, then i won't either! Lost badly though :D
You're the real winner right there!

No I don't feel bad when it has to come to this but if my team is swarming their respawn i'll just be over there painting turf
I did had some 3v4 moments but thats about it x:

Yuubi

Full Squid
They showed no mercy, then i won't either! Lost badly though :D
Wow not one kill... It is funny though most of the time the kill results are pretty big when it is one vs four... I would be an embarassed. Congrats on being a one man army and holding your ground... sorry that you had to go at it alone :x would love to have ya on my team though! XD

You're the real winner right there!

No I don't feel bad when it has to come to this but if my team is swarming their respawn i'll just be over there painting turf
I did had some 3v4 moments but thats about it x:
To each it's own :3 it's fine. That's why the poll is there for everyone to agree or to disagree. :D

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
i tend to be pretty sympathetic when it comes to that sort of thing so i usually feel pretty bad about it for awhile afterwards. i'm remembering one match before the first splatfest where all of the opposing team got dc'ed except for one dude turning it into a 1v4 and i felt so sorry for the guy

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
It depends on the person. I don't feel too bad if the person is fighting back, though I don't fight quite as much as I normally would. If they've given up or effectively surrendered..... Then I just try to give them a chance. Even if my team's going for broke.
Had a match just during this splatfest. She fought for a bit. I just tried to avoid her and cover other areas. But she was pushed back to spawn and gave up then. After that I just squidded around where my team was for most of the match. It wasn't fun. I like seeing things a bit more even matchup-wise.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I try to fight as best ad I can for my team no matter what the situation. And if there is only one person who might mess up our chances of winning, I will destroy them. I will spawn camp them. And in the end, it is kind of fun to have a little competition of who can kill that one guy first.
They showed no mercy, then i won't either! Lost badly though
Edit: Hell yeah bro! Thats the kind of **** that makes me want to beat the crap out of the one guy! Who knows if there is an A+ rank king on the other side? Gotta Go Fast, (^o^)

Yuubi

Full Squid
It depends on the person. I don't feel too bad if the person is fighting back, though I don't fight quite as much as I normally would. If they've given up or effectively surrendered..... Then I just try to give them a chance. Even if my team's going for broke.
Had a match just during this splatfest. She fought for a bit. I just tried to avoid her and cover other areas. But she was pushed back to spawn and gave up then. After that I just squidded around where my team was for most of the match. It wasn't fun. I like seeing things a bit more even matchup-wise.
I would do the samething to be honest with you... On the part where they are making much better progress than my team and that would be embarrassing for the team as a whole.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Not typically. it feels a tad cheap but it doesn't keep me from playing. Sometimes I end up against ones that manage to sneak past my team spawn camping. Of course since I don't typically spawn camp I usually get him, but other than feeling a little cheap and maybe a little bored I don't typically mind.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I had one of those situations happen once. It was the one guy on the other team and 4 of us on our side. I ran as fast as I could to the middle where I see him jumping around, squid/kid teabagging and the like. I join him and 2 of my allies join us as well. We did tribal dances until the end of the match, performing ceremoniously before each other as if we were some kind of squid culture who had been doing this since we were born.

And then there was that one *** hole on my team who had been inking the entire map the whole time who came over to kill the lone squid when he had already got 100% of the map... That guy represents America.

NNID
ScorchStone
I had this situation yesterday. However instead of killing the only one guy on the other team, I just had a squid flop party instead lol. We won because my other teammates just covered turf, though xD

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
I agree, when it happens, I just run around the follow the lone team member for fun. I've even played a match where our team just used subs the entire time to ink the map, was kind of funny. Some people are good sports, others are not. I think if your team sees you taking it easy on the lone guy, they tend to follow. We just kind of goof around using the gestures and follow the lone guy. Sometimes, he/she get in on the goofiness, wish I had made a video of those now o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom