Do you listen to music while you play? If so, what genre and artists?

Mikuzma

Inkling
If I'm playing soloq for rank I usually don't have music on so I can better listen for sound cues (special activation, chip damage, etc.). Sometimes if I start tilting really badly, I'll put on 2000's-early 2010's pop (will.i.am, David Guetta, LMFAO, Pitbull, etc.) so I can boss up.

My teammates and I take turns on call with "DJ-ing" (telling the bot what to play). Depending on whose turn it is, the music could be anywhere from Bossa Nova, Vocaloid, Tame Impala, to FNAF fansongs. We also listen to kids' music to de-tilt ("Hokey Pokey," etc.)

cookies

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5260-9545-9031
i usually end up listening to breakcore as the fast paced music helps with the fast paced gameplay lmao

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Blood on the Dance Floor and Jeffree Star make excellent Splatunes.

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
i try to play with audio most of the time since it helps me stay more aware of what's going on in the game, but yeah, there are still times i just wanna enjoy whatever music would fit the moment. assorted vibes for various moods:

...this post is long enough now, goo bye for now 🤙

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Don't always do it, and I rarely treat matches seriously when I do, but I listen to vgm. Guilty Gear Strive and Jet Set Radio tracks have been my go to.

Pronouns
bite/me any
Switch Friend Code
SW-6602-0656-0902

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
I don't really listen to other music while I play, and probably won't until they give us an option to turn off in game music. It's just a little too clashing to have the game audio on at the same time as other music.

HOWEVER I do love bands like Between the Buried and Me, Botch, Lamb of God, Gojira, Behemoth, Fall of Troy, The Mars Volta, and pretty much anything in the progressive/metal genres

rip-tide

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7876-3312-2023
I don't usually listen to music, but when I do it mostly indie rock or a random youtube video.
normaly i mute the game while i play, and have some some play, rn reliving me child hood with some absolute bangers from need for speed nitro for the wii

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Not really unless I'm playing Salmon Run, sometimes I just play whatever music I've been listening to recently. I was listening to Jack Stauber music but I've been listening to Hazbin Hotel music lately. So if I play Salmon Run, I might play that (most likely More Than Anything).
Otherwise, it might just be bird sounds that I have in the background for everything else I do.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Typically I usually have rock, alternative, JPop, or a new album that isn't a concept album.

From my experience, stuff with faster tempos and weight-y while not super heavy works best, since the sound does effect the way I'll play. Slower songs tend to cause me to play at a slower pace (which isn't really bad for a backline). Faster tempo creates more aggression and on certain songs I tend to show off and get crazy with movement to feel cool. Something really heavy generally makes it harder to focus.

spindash

Inkster Jr.
i only mute to listen to music if i'm playing turf war!! i like to tune in to radio channels that play J-rock, or sonic OST. sometimes i'll even listen to a podcast

Sαlsα⇒

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4389-5123-5222
i used to be able to play competitive games with music or something on in the background but i cant anymore, my need for complete focus has somehow increased and it is now a distraction toward the game ;-;

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i listen to music while playing splatoon all the damn time, it doesn't make me play worse and sometimes helps me avoid getting tilted!
i pretty much listen to the same music i always listen to (typically indie rock, hip-hop and rock) though there are actually a lot of albums i first listened to while playing splatoon lmfao, loverama by custard and evolution fight by cyne are a couple of recent ones.
one of my most vivid spla3 memories was me listening to the pizza tower soundtrack for hours on end as i grinded to get to evp 400 on gone fission

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
Anything hyperpop really, mostly glaive recently as he's been posting and ericdoa because of his new album. Hopefully brakence will eventually release but since his album in december 2022 he's been inactive so I don't listen to him as much

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
I avoided music while playing for the longest time because I assumed it would impede my focus/awareness, and then one time I forgot to turn off my playlist when I was queuing and.... realized I actually play better with the music. I can't explain why. It's good to see I'm far from alone in it, though.

My playlist is all over the place though. I cannot even begin to narrow down a genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom