• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you run a special charge up/special saver build with inkzooka?

CM86

Pro Squid
The inkzooka is a pretty fantastic special that happens to be on a couple weapons that I like. More specifically, I usually get my fair share of inkzooka from the forge splattershot pro and the carbon roller. Unlike the inkstrike which charges up quickly, the inkzooka is pretty slow to charge up. My question is, would a special charge up/special saver build be effective for a weapon that runs inkzooka? The factors that have many questioning this are,

1. Heavy/Medium/Light special depletion : Would the heavy/medium categories even make special charge up and special saver significant for inkzooka?

2. Game Mode : From experience, it seems like its a waste in turf war since there is only 3 minutes, but I could be wrong. It could possibly be more useful in ranked.

I would appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on this.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
The inkzooka is a pretty fantastic special that happens to be on a couple weapons that I like. More specifically, I usually get my fair share of inkzooka from the forge splattershot pro and the carbon roller. Unlike the inkstrike which charges up quickly, the inkzooka is pretty slow to charge up. My question is, would a special charge up/special saver build be effective for a weapon that runs inkzooka? The factors that have many questioning this are,

1. Heavy/Medium/Light special depletion : Would the heavy/medium categories even make special charge up and special saver significant for inkzooka?

2. Game Mode : From experience, it seems like its a waste in turf war since there is only 3 minutes, but I could be wrong. It could possibly be more useful in ranked.

I would appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on this.
It really depends on the weapon.

Carbon has both Medium depletion (which makes Special Saver not as effective as a Light Depletion weapon) and has a lot of other options gear-wise.
It gets to throw three Burst Bombs with enough Sub Saver, it gets QoL buffs with Swim Speed and on top of that there's gimmicks that it can use like Stealth Jump, Cold-Blooded.
Burst Bombs also benefit from Damage Up and of course Bomb Range.
All of these are rewarding the entire match instead of working once a match (when you have Inkzooka)

What I can advice you for the Carbon Roller that affects Special is Comeback.
Not only does it increase Special Charge, but it also gives it swim speed among other buffs.
If you feel you die a lot, Comeback can be an ability you might want to consider.

One piece of gear even has Comeback with a 5x chance to roll Special Saver, so that can definitely swing things in your favor after a death,

As for the Forge, I think that it gets even more mileage out of Special Saver than the Carbon.
Partially because of its light depletion, which means you keep a hefty chunk of your Special after a death with two Saving mains and partially because it doesn't really need anything besides one main of Ink Saver.

This makes it that Special Saver might even be a must in order to be able to hold Zooka up until "that moment" where you can get the quad kill.

This is important to have, as overall, Inkzooka really shines if you can use it correctly more so than when you can use it often.
Saving the Zooka for the right moment is more important than to spam it in a bad way.
This means Comeback and Special Saver can swing games more than Special Charge.

Tldr: Run Saver so you can hold the Zooka till the right moment regardless of deaths.
This is more effective with Forge than the Carbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom