Do you think Splatfests should feature other modes other than Turf War?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Just to shake things up a bit.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Absolutely. Not necessarily Splatfest, but they need to add "other" Splatfest like events using different modes. Give the game more things to do than just Splatfest's.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
YES. Tired of seeing the same mode all day, not to mention the lack of variety in weapon choice and strategy.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would like to see Splat Zones in a Splatfest at some point. Not necessarily as a full replacement for Turf Wars, but rather in rotation with Turf Wars. Maybe it could start with Turf Wars, switch out with Splat Zones 8 hours in, and then go back to Turf Wars for the last 8 hours.

The other two modes I'm less sure of, but I can't think of a good reason to exclude them.

BI4AWOW

Inkling
NNID
iiwow_kuro1738
Splat zones would be really cool if it was for splat fests. It would be better if it would offer a variety of modes rathe than turf

+1

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I would like to see Splat Zones in a Splatfest at some point. Not necessarily as a full replacement for Turf Wars, but rather in rotation with Turf Wars. Maybe it could start with Turf Wars, switch out with Splat Zones 8 hours in, and then go back to Turf Wars for the last 8 hours.

The other two modes I'm less sure of, but I can't think of a good reason to exclude them.
Expanding on that, we could have three stages for TW and three more for Ranked. The ranked stages would rotate as SZ the first eight, TC the next eight and RM the last eight. That way, the competitive people can enjoy the night-time spectacle while the casuals get to splat away without having to deal with tons of salt.

Of course, that also raises the question about splitting the victory multiplier between casual and competitive people, which I'm not as sure about. For now I was thinking they'd keep it as it usually is until they figure out something on that. Still, it'll be nice seeing Ranked available in public Splatfest matches!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I would love it, but it would most likely take longer to level up, as ranked battles can be up to five minutes long as opposed to the usual three for turf. One way to remedy this would be to make Splatfest a two day affair. If they offered all the modes, I think people would enjoy it more.

Maybe a win in the ranked modes would be seven points, and a loss would be three or four. It would be a nice trade-off for having longer matches.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh... I had meant that Splat Zones would be available from the main Splatfest playlist. Not that Ranked mode as a whole would be available during them.

If I'm remembering the point awardment properly, Splatfest points are awarded the same way Turf War points are awarded after reaching level 20. Perhaps the point awardment for Ranked Splatfest battles would work the same way they do for regular Ranked battles after level 20: 5 points for a win, plus an extra point for every minute of game time that passes in the match.

Inky Corruption

Full Squid
NNID
ShaneTC
Yes! All of my yes! The old song and dance is becoming tiring.

I would love it, but it would most likely take longer to level up, as ranked battles can be up to five minutes long as opposed to the usual three for turf.
As for your concern, why not just use the post-20 levelling system?
+1 for every minute the match lasts and +3 for victory - in the case of Knockout, +10.
It is slightly slower if you keep winning but miss the Knockout, but when you do get the Knockout it is a fairly substantial point gain on the standard Turf War match. Otherwise, it's fairly even, and I honestly don't think most people would experience a slower climb unless they completely fail to score a Knockout at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom