• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you think Splatoon 3 will get a content extension?

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
I've seen many people debate about this so I'd like to hear your thoughts!

For me, I'm not sure. On one side, some seasons have been so lackluster that it feels like they're running out of content. But they recently just added Inkopolis Square, new Splatfest music, and even a new gameplay mechanic (fizzbangs); it would be a total waste to stop releasing stuff now. This game has so much potential and I wanna see all the cool things that can be done with it!!

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
there is 1 thing that is undeniably true, this game needs more kits
there are too many specials and still a lot of sub weapons and every weapon only has 2 kits when the next season drops

they could just not give us more stuff just because they don’t feel like it which i will not at all be surprised if they do that

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Splatoon 1 planned 6 months of updates, got extended to a year because the game turned out to be far more popular than a Wii U title should've.

Splatoon 2 planned 1 year of updates, got extended to 2 years because it again exceeded expectations due to how much of a hit the Switch was.

Splatoon 3 planned 2 years of updates. That's a lot already, and by now I should think that Nintendo knew exactly what to expect. The game has sold well, but not overwhelmingly so. As such, I don't think another extension is likely.

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
50/50 chance. it’s weird that they’re adding new weapons in the last season when they are obviously not gonna get second kits
Some weapons currently in the game also still don't have second kits. I think the game that has such an emphasis on 3 should have 3 kits per weapon, even if it's not looking likely currently:')

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I don't think we're gonna get new seasons or anything. Like no new game mechanics or stages etc. But I could see them reverting to the S1-2 way of doing content updates, adding a couple new weapons here and there at a faster rate.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I will now quote the exact statement from the Splatoon 3 Direct about post-launch updates.
"Now, let's talk about post-launch updates. As we mentioned a while ago, following the game's launch, a new in-game catalog will be released every three months for two years. New weapons will also be added around the same time as each catalog. In addition, X Battle, available after attaining an extremely high rank in Anarchy Battle, and League Battle, where every two hours you can compete in teams based on your Anarchy Battle results, are planned to be added in future updates."
Some things that stick out to me:
  • Catalog releases and weapon releases were purposefully mentioned separately, with weapons being, "added around the same time as each catalog." This might suggest a slow drip of 3rd kits after the last season ends.
  • League Battle is the only thing in this segment of the Direct that hasn't released yet. This suggests to me that either Challenge Mode replaced league which seems reasonable, or League Battle will be released either in the last season or be a part of extended content.

Flango

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
League Battle is the only thing in this segment of the Direct that hasn't released yet. This suggests to me that either Challenge Mode replaced league which seems reasonable, or League Battle will be released either in the last season or be a part of extended content.
Anarchy open got converted into League, by just putting on the power for teams of more then one, and supposedly altering matchmaking.

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
I think they will do extensions as there are some weapons that will need new kits and if the rumours are ture there are still 2 more new main weapons that are supposed to cone out in sizzle season. But after sizzle season I think the updates will be for weapons and patches only so I expect no more music or catalogues or anything else new season related.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
It would also be nice if they gave every class its own Grizzco weapon. We're still missing a Grizzco brush, splatling, roller and shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom