Do you think Squad Battles will increase your rank?

growly

Inkling
Yeah, seems strange but actually works perfectly for me as I have exactly two other mates with the game

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl
Thanks for the screenshot. Honestly, I don't really get why they would have trio squads at all, since it is a very awkward amount of people to have in a match, unless the whole point of trio matches is just to have a 3v3.
Trio squads match up with a random on their team, against either a team of 4 or a 3+1 team. Halo used to do this when it still matched teams based on party size. It helps improve search times while getting rid of the awkward point between having too much for a duo, and not enough for a quad team.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Oh huh, never noticed that tiny little icon off to the side. I do wonder how that'll work, seems odd. Where do they get the 1 from though? Do they just yank a player from the normal solo queue?

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Oh huh, never noticed that tiny little icon off to the side. I do wonder how that'll work, seems odd. Where do they get the 1 from though? Do they just yank a player from the normal solo queue?
Seems so, though that's still technically speculation.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Due to my circumstances, my friend circle will be small. I will likely still be solo queuing. If I get placed against a 4 squad, and I'm with 3 other randoms, I'll be pissed.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Due to my circumstances, my friend circle will be small. I will likely still be solo queuing. If I get placed against a 4 squad, and I'm with 3 other randoms, I'll be pissed.
But you wouldn't be able to know for sure. Especially with the lack of in game chat and the absence of services like lolking telling you opponents/allies queued together.

Agreed, though. I'd rather avoid playing with or against premade teams if I'm queueing alone.

Yogororo

Inkling
NNID
Yogororo
Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Well that's stupid. Nobody's going to risk their rank with such a huge handicap, I expect the option will just go completely unused.

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl
I think that the Trio option is strictly for 3v3, as it already says it in the screen, "Battle against other 3 player or 4 player squads". And as of right now it seems from the official tumblr that it is based of of player rank not group rank.

Edit: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125353354877/whats-more-you-can-also-form-squads-of-three#notes For clarification its not just 3v3 it can also be 3v4. I have a feeling this is for the more ballsy groups then.
Now there's no point in playing unless you have exactly 2 or exactly 4 players. That's the dumbest thing I've seen for this game so far.

Having 3s match 4s without a random is just going to needlessly split up a population that's already being split up between 5 different options.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I thought Squad Battles would affect rank, and according to the tumblr, they do!

Private battles however do not affect rank. Or give you any points whatsoever.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I thought Squad Battles would affect rank, and according to the tumblr, they do!

Private battles however do not affect rank. Or give you any points whatsoever.
They do? Interesting.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I kinda had a feeling Squad Battles will affect your ranking and all
but I wonder... since we'll be matched with others of similar ranks what if a C or B player gets in a squad of... let's say A+ or S players?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I kinda had a feeling Squad Battles will affect your ranking and all
but I wonder... since we'll be matched with others of similar ranks what if a C or B player gets in a squad of... let's say A+ or S players?
It will probably mess with how the rank calculates your/everyone else's rank. Not only that, I fear that rank may eventually become useless if people can join their better friends and effectively get carried up the ranks. Then again, teamwork is always OP, so maybe it isn't exactly being carried, but it will definitely **** up solo queue ranks for sure.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
It will probably mess with how the rank calculates your/everyone else's rank. Not only that, I fear that rank may eventually become useless if people can join their better friends and effectively get carried up the ranks. Then again, teamwork is always OP, so maybe it isn't exactly being carried, but it will definitely **** up solo queue ranks for sure.
I moreso value a ranking system that grades you on how well you work in a team, seeing as this is a teamwork-based game.

In other words, to Hell with the solo ranks, they're stupid anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom