• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you think there will ever be Splatoon 2

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
to me splatoons dying in the sense that the atmosphere and excitement is gone. I'm kinda sad that now all updates are gone and I have collected every piece of gear and weapons and I'm level 50 and S+, there's not much in Splatoon for me today so I find myself playing poke park and wii party U
And even so many players who aren't even half through the game are playing less and less as now there's nothing new.. Nothing fresh. This is the newest IP from Nintendo since Pikmin and lets just say I would pay good money just for more content in Splatoon.. Considering it's a new IP and it seems EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL I'm sure that Nintendo wouldnt abandon our beloved squid kids. Would they?

So do you think Splatoon 2 will EVER exist and if so what new would be in it?

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There's 16 arenas, 74 weapons, 5 modes including single-player, and hundreds of clothing options. By the standards of most games, this is more substantial than a good number as it is. Many games would charge extra for the DLC we've received for free. I can understand their desire to stop here as any more content could potentially become bloat or filler.

Why do people play the same competitive titles for years and years? Because regardless of any progression, the base gameplay is fun. That's the case with Splatoon. The community may lessen over time but there's no doubt it will be going strong for years and years.

And yes, there WILL be a sequel. At the very least, a NX port. This has been such an unprecedented success that Nintendo would be insane not to add Splatoon to the roster alongside Mario and Zelda.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
There's 16 arenas, 74 weapons, 5 modes including single-player, and hundreds of clothing options. By the standards of most games, this is more substantial than a good number as it is. Many games would charge extra for the DLC we've received for free. I can understand their desire to stop here as any more content could potentially become bloat or filler.

Why do people play the same competitive titles for years and years? Because regardless of any progression, the base gameplay is fun. That's the case with Splatoon. The community may lessen over time but there's no doubt it will be going strong for years and years.

And yes, there WILL be a sequel. At the very least, a NX port. This has been such an unprecedented success that Nintendo would be insane not to add Splatoon to the roster alongside Mario and Zelda.
I see what your saying but there's only a limited time one person can squirt ink out of a gun before being bored. I kinda worded what I wanted to say wrong I was trying to say that it doesn't feel the same as the game used to it feels abandoned and thrown away in personal opinions

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I see what your saying but there's only a limited time one person can squirt ink out of a gun before being bored. I kinda worded what I wanted to say wrong I was trying to say that it doesn't feel the same as the game used to it feels abandoned and thrown away in personal opinions
Considering how many people play Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Smash Bros. Melee, and many other games, being "abandoned" never has anything to do with a game's popularity.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
With the amount of sales Splatoon made, I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't create a sequel. They already hammered out a basic concept and a whole bunch of resources, so I think that making a second would be easier than creating the original (assuming they keep many of the weapons/subs/specials/music tracks/gear/maps in some form.)

I will be legitimately disappointed if it is not called Spla2n.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Have you seen the Super Mario Kart competitive community? You know that SNES game? Yeah there's still a world championship going on for that and I compete in it at aged 18 and the game came out 20+ years ago. There's plenty of reason for Splatoon to survive longer, but I'm still expecting a sequel in the future.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Splatoon will be getting a sequel. It would be stupid for Nintendo to pass that opportunity up and there's no way that Nintendo is going to pass it up. Splatoon is one of the best selling game's on the Wii U and it has become more popular than anyone probably imagined. It's making thousands of dollars for Nintendo via console sales, game sales, and merchandise sales. Nintendo can slap a squid on anything and people will probably buy it. So yeah. Nintendo will eventually make a sequel .Splatoon makes far too much money for them to abandon it.

Splatoon isn't dying either. There's a very thriving and growing competitive environment. The players who are growing bored with Splatoon are very much a minority as the majority enjoy the game even without constant updates. I mean... There's Splatoon candy in Japan right now. If Splatoon was actually dying, Nintendo wouldn't be producing merchandise anymore and it wouldn't be selling well. But it's still selling incredibly well.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jeez, what is it about the updates stopping that somehow equals the Death of Splatoon?

I think it's very likely that a Splatoon sequel will be made. When that will be, I don't know; I'd prefer that it wait until at least two years from now.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Considering how many people play Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, Smash Bros. Melee, and many other games, being "abandoned" never has anything to do with a game's popularity.
Emphasis on "personal opinion"
With the amount of sales Splatoon made, I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't create a sequel. They already hammered out a basic concept and a whole bunch of resources, so I think that making a second would be easier than creating the original (assuming they keep many of the weapons/subs/specials/music tracks/gear/maps in some form.)

I will be legitimately disappointed if it is not called Spla2n.
Ye I really would be disappointed the only thing i could imagine becoming different in splat2n are the characters as in more playable ones more campaign and obviously new weapons modes and maps matchmaking would probably be a thing so how hard can it be, I'm not exactly a game designer xD but I imagine it would be easier for them than making a new ip.and like I said they wouldn't just abandon this new ip at all would they.
Have you seen the Super Mario Kart competitive community? You know that SNES game? Yeah there's still a world championship going on for that and I compete in it at aged 18 and the game came out 20+ years ago. There's plenty of reason for Splatoon to survive longer, but I'm still expecting a sequel in the future.
Ye what I meant by dieing is less people are playing and the whole atmosphere and excitement is too I remember the days when I'd be extremely hyped when hammerhead bridge was coming and when a new trailer showing new maps gear and weapons were coming I'd get really excited but all of that's gone now everyday same maps same weapons same modes

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Splatoon will be getting a sequel. It would be stupid for Nintendo to pass that opportunity up and there's no way that Nintendo is going to pass it up. Splatoon is one of the best selling game's on the Wii U and it has become more popular than anyone probably imagined. It's making thousands of dollars for Nintendo via console sales, game sales, and merchandise sales. Nintendo can slap a squid on anything and people will probably buy it. So yeah. Nintendo will eventually make a sequel .Splatoon makes far too much money for them to abandon it.

Splatoon isn't dying either. There's a very thriving and growing competitive environment. The players who are growing bored with Splatoon are very much a minority as the majority enjoy the game even without constant updates. I mean... There's Splatoon candy in Japan right now. If Splatoon was actually dying, Nintendo wouldn't be producing merchandise anymore and it wouldn't be selling well. But it's still selling incredibly well.
Slap a squid on anything..... Slap a squid on dog poo? Will people buy that xD
You also ignored when I said TO ME Splatoon is dying and like I previously said I didn't mean what u thought it meant I was talking about the atmosphere of excitement and all that stuff
Jeez, what is it about the updates stopping that somehow equals the Death of Splatoon?

I think it's very likely that a Splatoon sequel will be made. When that will be, I don't know; I'd prefer that it wait until at least two years from now.
Thats not what I meant -,- Ye it prob would be 1 or 2 years as the community is still as thriving as ever

Most likely, although it's probably a couple years away.
Ye

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Slap a squid on anything..... Slap a squid on dog poo? Will people buy that xD
You also ignored when I said TO ME Splatoon is dying and like I previously said I didn't mean what u thought it meant I was talking about the atmosphere of excitement and all that stuff
Hmm.. well to me there is still a ton of joy and excitement that I get every time I play. I have played nearly every day since release and I still have so much I want to explore. How to use weapons I'm less familiar with, different combinations of abilities. Sure the updates are over so there's no new content in the literal sense, but there are so many ways to keep the magic alive for me. Even if I'd mastered every weapon, I'd still enjoy squirting ink.

Also it might be your opinion that its dying, but its popularity and the liveliness of the community aren't subject to your opinion. @Airi was referring to the objective state of the game and its cultural/financial impact. So you can say you are growing bored with it or your interest is waning and that's perfectly valid, but Splatoon as a franchise simply isn't dying.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Hmm.. well to me there is still a ton of joy and excitement that I get every time I play. I have played nearly every day since release and I still have so much I want to explore. How to use weapons I'm less familiar with, different combinations of abilities. Sure the updates are over so there's no new content in the literal sense, but there are so many ways to keep the magic alive for me. Even if I'd mastered every weapon, I'd still enjoy squirting ink.

Also it might be your opinion that its dying, but its popularity and the liveliness of the community aren't subject to your opinion. @Airi was referring to the objective state of the game and its cultural/financial impact. So you can say you are growing bored with it or your interest is waning and that's perfectly valid, but Splatoon as a franchise simply isn't dying.
I never mentioned the liveliness or popularity....... Did I?

Somehow I get the impression that the topic creator didn't post this with the intent of getting dissenting opinions.
You're wrong in every sense I get dissed and shouted at for saying something like "96 gal fires too slow
There's a time everyone has to stop

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
I never mentioned the liveliness or popularity....... Did I?
Yes but to say Splatoon is dying means the liveliness or popularity is falling. That's what a game dying means, not that it's getting boring to an individual.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Read the top paragraph again:)
So, essentially, this thread is all about how you feel, and despite multiple people essentially telling you that you're wrong, you refuse to budge, on the ever-so-faulty ground of "opinions". Got it.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Read the top paragraph again:)
I did read it the first time.

to me splatoons dying in the sense that the atmosphere and excitement is gone..
By saying its dying in the sense of the atmosphere means its dying in the sense of liveliness. Atmosphere and liveliness mean the same in this context. So yes you did mention liveliness my son. And on top of that, by saying the atmosphere is gone would suggest the community is dying, since the atmosphere is your surroundings, not just your excitement.

So yeah... you kinda did mention the liveliness and popularity of the game, just indirectly. Whether it was your intention or not.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
So, essentially, this thread is all about how you feel, and despite multiple people essentially telling you that you're wrong, you refuse to budge, on the ever-so-faulty ground of "opinions". Got it.
Look the whole point of this thread was wether you thought Splatoon 2 would ever exist and what would be in it the paragraph was a brief explanation of why I would want it, I was trying to say my excitement was disappearing it's just unfortunate that I wasn't clear enough and you misunderstood due to this. I'm open to opinions but I'm NOT open to people blaintently telling me I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom