• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Document of tips for beginners (WIP, still good to read for new players)

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
You can find it here.

If you want to add something or suggest a change, you can make a comment like this:

And bam! I can see this and will reply within a day or two.
One note, when making a comment, please select the area you're commenting on. In this example, my comment is a suggestion for a new bullet point under "Tips new players give that are actually bad advice." Also, try to use complete sentences because "Add line here" isn't really anything I can immediately understand.

The original work is by 2xDair and myself.

Last edited:

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
Thanks for posting this. I wonder what kind of edits we'll have to make for Rainmaker mode, based on how different that will be. Maybe I should add in advice and strategies for specific maps...

chazu

Inkling
NNID
gossamersocks
It might help to color-code the first section - red for bad advice, perhaps. When transitioning from section 1 to section 2 I found myself confused when the first-level headings changed from bad advice to good advice.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
Spoiled heavily by the Turf War section. Very incorrect statements.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
I assume you've been the person leaving a ton of suggestions which I really appreciate, it's a lot of help. If you want, I can add you to the credits as a major influence.
I'm fine with that, that's for making the guide better and continuing to improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom