Does a low K/D ratio = Bad/ Being Carried?

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I was playing a game (2300 X Power Ttek) with Range Blaster and in two separate games I went 4/8, but in one our team won and the other we lost. Any insight as to why?

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
now, I am not an expert or as skilled as many others here, but one of the first things I learned from my coach was that K/D would become less reliable in gauging raw skill as I found my footing in the competitive scene. This varies between roles, but I was told that even as a slayer, a good habit is to focus on your teammates' K/D more than your own (to see how many deaths you may have prevented, for example.)

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Nope, depends on weapon. If your 4/8 helped gain lead or took down key members of the enemy team, then its fine. I would compare the two games and 8 deaths and determine if they were "good" deaths or "bad" deaths (same with the kills, good kill or not)

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
Nope, depends on weapon. If your 4/8 helped gain lead or took down key members of the enemy team, then its fine. I would compare the two games and 8 deaths and determine if they were "good" deaths or "bad" deaths (same with the kills, good kill or not)
Definitely, I remember early in the games lifespan when tetra players would consistently get get scores like 10/20.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Ramming your head at the objective and dying over and over until you win is a legit strategy sometimes lol

Redaly

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2210-1664-7047
For most frontline weapons those would be pretty bad numbers but for support/backline weapons, as long as you do your job, i.e. paint for your team, giving 2v1s for frontlines, I'd say that you did fine.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It really depends on what you're doing. I've seen people with 20+ kills lose because kills vary in importance - getting a bunch of kills on sides of the map has less value than splatting someone on the objective. Had a Museum Tower game where the dualies on my team got a ton of kills because he was constantly base rushing, regardless of the situation, so the enemy team just went around him to focus on the tower and whoops, we lost the 3 vs 4.

Likewise, playing objective isn't always going to lead to a great k/d - painting the zone or carrying the rainmaker means your focus is elsewhere. I frequently have a "lesser" k/d than my team but I get all the gold objective medals so, shrug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom