Does Anyone Else Hate people using Iwata's Death to promote their team?

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
Yes. It's pretty terrible to see stuff like "Team slides 4 Iwata!". It just feels weird and wrong.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yeah. I made a post about how much I hate it on miiverse and it only got 2 yeahs. Really dissappointed with squidanity right now.

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
...this on Miiverse? I haven't seen this.
It's really annoying. Really makes me sad that he has become nothing but advertisement. Ex:Team waterslides is Team Iwata's Side!! I bet half these people who post things like this have no idea who Iwata is, but instead saw all the posts and took advantage of his death.

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
It is pretty distasteful. But it can't be as bad as people requesting Nintendo to make a Iwata Amiibo.

It is honestly reasons like this where I wish miiverse had a downvote option.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Haven't seen it myself, but yeah, horrible if true.

Also, even knowing about Iwata makes me think these people teens or adults so they don't have an excuse of being a kid who didn't know any better.

JMAA

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JMAAMusic
You know, I had to slide in the Iwata bandwagon when I made that remix, not because I wanted to use Iwata's memorial stuff to promote my music, but because I wanted to rend proper tribute to Iwata.

Given that my Booyah Base remix is just 1 week before Iwata's death announcement, I didn't feel like making another track for that, so I had to recycle a bit the Splatoon remix I did recently and stick with it. Plus the positive side of this is that, as said by someone on Reddit to me, a good way to honor Iwata is with original content that makes honor to Nintendo in general, because let's face it, Nintendo executives are those of the few who treat videogames with respect and bring up the concept of "videogames as fun".

Just saying I had to do it because I lately admire Splatoon for some reason and I got the urge to buy off a Wii U and the game. And maybe in my position as the PC Master Race this can be heresy to it, but I respect consoles as long as they keep a nice roster of games that are enjoyable. And this got me in the guts, because we won't know what Nintendo's future holds up without Iwata.

On other words, this Iwata bandwagon promotion thing is ugly. It even happens on the rest of media, where some articles just cling to Iwata's death to showcase themselves and promote themselves.

But let's remind ourselves this happens even with the rest of dead celebrities.

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
You're looking into it way too much.

Nothing wrong with Miiverse being Miiverse. Or with people riding the Iwata-slide bandwagon.

JMAA

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JMAAMusic
You're looking into it way too much.

Nothing wrong with Miiverse being Miiverse. Or with people riding the Iwata-slide bandwagon.
What I meant is that one thing is riding the Iwata-slide bandwagon and another is using Iwata's death as a marketing tool.

It's not generally a good idea to use someone's passing as a method to just get attention and look like someone important over the dead person, specially when using sympathy to just get attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom