Does anyone else miss the splatoon 1 music

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
The new music was solid, to be sure, but I like the change up. The new ABXY/Chirpy Chips stuff is gold, and Bottom Feeders songs really put me in the mood for a splat brawl.

It'd be cool if they added in a few older tracks for nostalgia sake, but I'm pretty happy with the music direction. I listen to it at my desk at work... which feels weird as an adult, working for the financial regulation industry.

ShadowStriker34

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3051-4861-5047
I'm more interested into being able to turn off music or different parts of the audio off altogether, but having S1's music back would be good too.
Yeah I think there should be music settings in the game. I would also like a way to select what songs can play in battles

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
To a degree.

Overall, I still find myself enjoying Splatoon 2's tracks more. Wet Floor's style might not be as iconic sounding as Squid Squad, but as actual songs, I still like them more. Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory have very distinct styles which I love. That and I love me some chaotic jazz.

Honestly, was never that big of a fan of the Chirpy Chips tracks form Splatoon 1, actually like Blitz It! a lot more. Though I did love Hightide Era.

I still miss the old songs, and it would be cool if they were added. But I don't particular mind their exclusion.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I definitely miss Splatoon 1's music. I wasn't a huge fan, but it was catchy and fun, especially the Splatfest music (both battle and plaza). Splatoon 2's just isn't there, and I especially dislike everything that was added in 2.0. It's all weird and not at all catchy. Haven't played 3.0 yet.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'll have to admit that I'm not really all that fond of the music in Splatoon 2. I prefer the first one's music over this. I mean, they're okay, but I dunno. Just not feeling it with them. The new ones added sound a bit better to me, but just seems like somethings missing.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I especially dislike everything that was added in 2.0. It's all weird and not at all catchy.
Heathen!

I actually really like Bottom Feeders, and though Ink Theory weirded me out at first, I've come to appreciate it as a great backing for a splat battle. Though I do love S1's music quite a bit too.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Played some 3.0 over the weekend, finally. Great stuff, almost epic battle music. More please!

DualBlade25

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haser
Switch Friend Code
SW-0688-5884-4388
I really miss a lot of the battle soundtracks from the original and would love if there was an option to have them in splatoon 2. As of 3.0 my favourite battle theme is probably blitz it by chirpy chips
While I prefer Splatoon 2 ost, I think it would be cool t change the music during turf or ranked to any song in the game. The dancing mini game has the Splatoon 1 music

ShadowStriker34

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3051-4861-5047
While I prefer Splatoon 2 ost, I think it would be cool t change the music during turf or ranked to any song in the game. The dancing mini game has the Splatoon 1 music
Don't you need the amiibo for those though?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I’ve only watched videos from Splatoon 1 since I never got a Wii U, but the lobby music sounded really nice. Had a chilled reggae sound. The lobby music for 2 is nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom