Does anyone else think all these reference kits can be a bit limiting in weapon design?

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I know a lot of people remember Splatoon 1 and love it, but it seems like so many weapons have a sub or special in their family of weapons that they seem bound to that kit, especially if it's a sub or s1 legacy special. For instance it appears that so many legacy weapons have Splat Bombs in their kit that the only new weapon from this game that it was added to was the Heavy Edit Nouveau. That's just my thoughts on the matter, but I'm interested in hearing yours. (Note: edited to remove redundant wording)

Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It wouldn't be a problem if we weren't restricted to only two kits per weapon.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I think reference kits are fine as long as they're fun and work for the main weapon.
Machine Neo works because Point Sensor is really good for it and it's also not dependent on having a bomb to poke or fight but there's also kits like Neo Sploosh that they just refuse to let go.
I wouldn't want them to stop having reference kits since some of them are the strongest kits for those specific weapons but they clearly care more about the reference itself than sub/special distribution.
The fact that the only new Kraken weapon we got was Blob Deco is insane.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I am simply going to answer, yes.
We have three blasters with Splat Bomb and six weapons with Torpedo. What’s wrong with this picture? I think Torpedo on CRB would have been just as good as Splat Bomb and made way more sense distribution-wise, but noo, we had to have the legacy Custom Range Blaster. I’ll admit that this is mostly salt about my prediction being wrong, but still, there really isn’t a good Torpedo weapon in the game right now. The best options are Splatana Wiper and Rapid Deco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom