Does anyone else think the Ink Brush is a little…ridiculous?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
It’s super fast, just about as fast as moving as a squid in your ink. And it says the Ink Brush doesn’t do much damage. Well, I strongly disagree. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been killed by an Ink brush with just two swipes of the thing, and the people that killed me didn’t even have offence up abilities. And it’s hard to escape because the swipe has such a wide range and it splatters ink towards you which also hurts you.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Ink brush makes you a ninja squid.

Not as braindead as the roller though.

Not saying the roller is braindead.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
It’s super fast, just about as fast as moving as a squid in your ink. And it says the Ink Brush doesn’t do much damage. Well, I strongly disagree. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been killed by an Ink brush with just two swipes of the thing, and the people that killed me didn’t even have offence up abilities. And it’s hard to escape because the swipe has such a wide range and it splatters ink towards you which also hurts you.
Were you already damaged (just got out of a firefight, standing in enemy ink for a while, etc.)? Were they swinging at you earlier and you only noticed the last couple swings? Because it really isn't that strong, though it can be swung really fast. I think it's a 4-5 hit splat (think it might be 4, I just get 5 because I miss and/or they have Defense Ups). Also, its swing has so little range, I think Aerosprays might be able to outrange it (or at least it feels that way when I use it), and the Sprinkler doesn't help with splats at all (again, just my experience). Also, I feel like it eats through ink fairly quickly (but I could be doing it wrong).
Still, it IS pretty great for covering areas, given the speedy, wide swings, speedy movement and Sprinkler and Inkstrike to cover areas, so yeah, it can certainly feel OP in some areas, but it has rather pronounced weaknesses too.
The Inkbrush is like Little Mac in Super Smash Bros 4; powerful in its element (close range combat, covering flat and flat-ish areas quickly, Sprinkler-ing), but it has clear areas in which it suffers (ranged combat, like any ranged combat, also shooting vertically).

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Also, its swing has so little range, I think Aerosprays might be able to outrange it
Funny you should mention that because that was the exact weapon I was using to fight one. I was shooting point blank at an Ink Brush user and backing off as I shot, trying not to get too close. But even though I kept distance between us while firing at the person, they STILL got me with three swings. It didn't even look like I damaged the person, like swiping the Ink Brush deflects shots or something.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Funny you should mention that because that was the exact weapon I was using to fight one. I was shooting point blank at an Ink Brush user and backing off as I shot, trying not to get too close. But even though I kept distance between us while firing at the person, they STILL got me with three swings. It didn't even look like I damaged the person, like swiping the Ink Brush deflects shots or something.
Ah, maybe it does outrange the Aerosprays then. And those swings are crazy fast, so I could see that happening.
Did you drop an Ink Mine / shoot off a Seeker before you got splatted? It seems like a good way to at least take the Inkbrusher with you if you're going to get splatted anyway, at least in theory.
Also, Squid Girl's face here < perfectly reflects my thoughts when I saw you say Inkbrush deflects shots. That's probably not true (at least I hope not), but it's a pretty scary thought.

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
The Aerospray's range is much longer, and the brush should be 4-5 hits to kill. They were probably laggy, that can mess stuff up a bit. I've gotten rolled over by a krak-on from like 20 feet away from lag.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
The Aerospray's range is much longer, and the brush should be 4-5 hits to kill. They were probably laggy, that can mess stuff up a bit. I've gotten rolled over by a krak-on from like 20 feet away from lag.
Seriously? Even the Aerospray outranges the Inkbrush? That sucks, though it does square up with my experience. This weapon just sank again in my eyes, though I'd still pull it out for Turf War.
Also, how do you end up with enough lag to get splatted from 20 feet away? Usually I just get lag before a disconnect.

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
Seriously? Even the Aerospray outranges the Inkbrush? That sucks, though it does square up with my experience. This weapon just sank again in my eyes, though I'd still pull it out for Turf War.
Also, how do you end up with enough lag to get splatted from 20 feet away? Usually I just get lag before a disconnect.
20 feet was kinda an exaggeration xD but it's usually one person in the lobby, like a Japanese person will lag for me because they live so far away I guess.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Speaking of disconnects, don't you just hate it when you're playing Splat Zones and winning, but then you get a connection error that isn't your fault but you get punished for it by losing points to your rank, enough to go from C+ to C? Yeah, I hate that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom