Does anyone use the GamePad more than just squid jumping and checking who's winning?

Does anyone use the GamePad more than just squid jumping and checking who's winning?

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I can't say because I haven't had a chance to play the game yet but I can see the usefulness of the gamepad for awareness of your allies and enemies.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I use it to find out where the enemy Ink is left so I can go straight to it instead of wandering around doing nothing.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sure. I use it to check if anyone placed those receptor thingies where you can super jump to, also to see which team has the lead atm and to check really quickly if there aren't any rollers close to me (it is quite easy to know where they are based on the uniform trail they leave).

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Not really. Playing with GamePad makes me not want to look at it's screen much. I only check it after I die or if I can have a little rest (doesn't happen that much).

ScruffyHyphen

Inkling
Yeah, I do. Or at least, I try to. I know the importance of a mini-map, as I've played a few MOBAs before. But the problem is that I have to move my eyes away from the action, which is usually bat-crazy. So I usually dont, unless I get a break or I'm dead.

Cola

Inkling
NNID
Cola64
I only glance down every once in a while, so not really. It's probably a good idea to survey where the enemy is based on where their ink is showing up, but I usually just rush back into the action

Last edited:

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Using the Aerospray RG class I inevitably end up looking at the GamePad a lot regardless due to having Ink Strike, but yeah, I use it quite often. It's really useful especially on smaller maps like Saltspray Rig being able to see which choke point enemies are trying to take over.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I need to get in a habit of using it more. I use it for super jumping, checking who's winning, and going to the different modes since walking there is soooo slow.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I have Recon, so I check it to see where the enemies are.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I remember checking it in Saltspray Rig then I'm cleaning the upper square to see if I should take higher ground to prepare for a incoming ambush or not but otherwise it for super jumping or checking where I could ink.

Edit: And obviously for ink strike if I have it

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm generally pretty aware of my surroundings without using the gamepad, so no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom