Does Squiddor Polo comes with Ninja Squid ability?

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Has anyone seen a Squiddor Polo come with the Ninja Squid ability?

Also does Headlamp come with Tenacity?

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
From what I have seen, it seems like gear you get from salmon run can only have main abilities that are stackable as subs (ink resistance, cold blooded, ink saver, etc). So that means no single-main abilities (tenacity, ninja squid, comeback, etc)

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
I was hoping to get Ninja Squid because Grizzco might be the best gear to roll 3 sub swim speed ups.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Because there is not bias, it would have the highest probability to have all 3 the same.
I... what? Is that not the same thing as having an ability bias?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
If not for SplatNet 2, that would be true. There's no Krak-On gear with Ninja Squid, and every gear that's not Krak-On has a very slightly less chance of getting Swim Speed Up (because their favored ability has increased likelihood) than an ability-neutral brand.

However, with SplatNet 2, you can hold out for a Krak-On shirt (Sunny Day Tee, Mister Shrug Tee, or Octobowler Shirt) with Ninja Squid.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
I... what? Is that not the same thing as having an ability bias?
Sorry I was in a hurry inking turf, what I meant was:

The in-game stores NEVER sells Krak-On gear (swim speed up sub) with Swim Speed Up Main, so all gears with Swim Speed Up Main will have a bias against rolling "swim speed up sub" (because they favor other abilities).

Therefore, the only gears that does not have a bias against swim speed up would then be Squid Hairclip, Squinja Boots, Hero Jacket Replica, and all Grizzco gears.

If not for SplatNet 2, that would be true. There's no Krak-On gear with Ninja Squid, and every gear that's not Krak-On has a very slightly less chance of getting Swim Speed Up (because their favored ability has increased likelihood) than an ability-neutral brand.

However, with SplatNet 2, you can hold out for a Krak-On shirt (Sunny Day Tee, Mister Shrug Tee, or Octobowler Shirt) with Ninja Squid.
Now that would be the case if it is possible to roll Swim Speed Up Main on Krak-On Gears, I have been checking the shop everyday and do not see any other gear does that (same Main and Sub abilities).

Have you actually seen it happen?

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Now that would be the case if it is possible to roll Swim Speed Up Main on Krak-On Gears, I have been checking the shop everyday and do not see any other gear does that (same Main and Sub abilities).
No, I don't believe that's possible. I was referring to Krak-On with Ninja Squid, though, which I believe should be possible, although I haven't see than exact combination. After all, Zink brand shoes can come with Stealth Jump or Drop Roller.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
No, I don't believe that's possible. I was referring to Krak-On with Ninja Squid, though, which I believe should be possible, although I haven't see than exact combination. After all, Zink brand shoes can come with Stealth Jump or Drop Roller.
Oh, yes, Ninja Squid, sorry I got confused.

I have not seen it ever since I found out about Splatnet 2, which was 3 weeks ago.

So, guess we will just have to wait for that then...

But THAT possibility seems pretty slim too considering all the gears and then if the 3 shirts would roll others abilities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom