• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Donkey Kong Social Thread

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
For the three of you on this site who are dedicated DK fans like I am, here's a thread for you to post in. For those of you who aren't, here's a little questionnaire that you may enjoy filling out. DK may not have the largest fandom out there, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

Q1) What is your favorite Donkey Kong game?
Q2) Which member of the Kong family is your favorite?
Q3) When were you first exposed to the DK series?

A1) Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble is my personal favorite, though Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong 64, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are close behind. It's hard to narrow it down.
A2) My favorite Kong has to be the leader of the bunch himself, but I've always liked Dixie Kong and Lanky Kong (HE) as well.
A3) When I was a wee lad, no larger than the size of Tiny Kong. I've been playing the DKC games ever since I was a small boy, and I grew up alongside the infamous CGI Donkey Kong Country cartoon, which was very popular in Canada. The animation hasn't held up too well, but I'll be damned if the soundtrack isn't incredible.

Oh yeah, and everybody knows that I'm a huge fan of the Kremlings. It's time for King K. Rool's glorious return. #KrocTheVote

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
1) I have to say Donkey Kong Country Returns. Even though the game isn't that old, it manages to bring back a lot of memories of playing with my sister and cousins. Unfortunately I wasn't around for the original DKC games, I'd love to have grown up with them. I wish I could have grown up in the 90's in general.

2) My favorite is the big DK. I used to prefer Diddy, but after being player one all my life along with other things my mind has changed.

3) My first video game ever (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!) has Donkey and Diddy in it, and then some other games I got around that time like Melee had DK in it. At that time I didn't have much interest in the DK series, but growing up with Melee did familiarize me with him and the catchy remix of the DK Rap. Iirc, my first DK game was Returns.

Now DK is one of my favorite characters on Smash and really just one of my favorite characters in general. It's nice to see fellow fans. Also, #KingKRool4Smash.

Last edited:

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
For the three of you on this site who are dedicated DK fans like I am, here's a thread for you to post in. For those of you who aren't, here's a little questionnaire that you may enjoy filling out. DK may not have the largest fandom out there, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

A1) Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble is my personal favorite, though Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong 64, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are close behind. It's hard to narrow it down.
A2) My favorite Kong has to be the leader of the bunch himself, but I've always liked Dixie Kong and Lanky Kong (HE) as well.
A3) When I was a wee lad, no larger than the size of Tiny Kong. I've been playing the DKC games ever since I was a small boy, and I grew up alongside the infamous CGI Donkey Kong Country cartoon, which was very popular in Canada. The animation hasn't held up too well, but I'll be damned if the soundtrack isn't incredible.

Oh yeah, and everybody knows that I'm a huge fan of the Kremlings. It's time for King K. Rool's glorious return. #KrocTheVote
1) Donkey kong country 2 for sure. I haven't played the more recent games. but I liked the progression and story behind 2 the most. It so cool that they were willing to take the named character completely out of the game. such a big risk but it paid off beautifully and allowed them to do a lot of things the could have other wise.
2)Diddy, don't know why but I really liked him. Maybe its the under dog in me.
3)I guess it was at my cousins house. I didn't own the game myself but my cousin did and 2 or 3 times a year I would go out to his house and be able to play games with him.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
1. Kinda hard today now days i love the flow of DKC1 but i love the levels of DKC 2 and 3 more.

2. Diddy one of my favorite video game characters and the most nostalgic for me.

3. DKC games my older sister used to love those games and i started to love them too

Reetrider

Inkling

A1) I have to go with DKC as being my favorite. I remember receiving this a little bit before christmas and being blown away by the graphics and music.
A2) DK by far is my choice second, would be Diddy. I was actually a little annoyed at first when DKC3 didn't have DK or Diddy.
A3) I want to say that I saw something in a Nintendo Power and asked for DKC for christmas.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
1) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I liked almost everything about it (except swimming (don't think I've ever liked swimming though so...) and how useless Diddy was (Dixie does his thing but better, unless you're underwater). Jungle Beat used to be in this spot until I got Tropical Freeze though (it was really fun, even if the controls are kinda weird at first).
2) Donkey Kong. The leader of the bunch, I know him well, and also I like using him in Smash (not as good with him as I am with Luigi/Robin (which still isn't great), but that's not important).
3) I remember watching my cousin beat K. Rool when I was a kid, but really it was when I got Donkey Kong 64 (still have the rap stuck in my head all these years later).

Reetrider

Inkling
Oh yeah, and everybody knows that I'm a huge fan of the Kremlings. It's time for King K. Rool's glorious return. #KrocTheVote[/QUOTE]

I really want K. Rool in Smash. I think he would fit in very well with the rest of the roster and DK needs more representation.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
1) I was really impressed with Tropical Freeze - the art design was brilliantly executed, and there were certain moments in the game that felt magical and really wowed me. The level design was very solid on the whole - there were moments where it felt a bit lacklustre in worlds 3&4, but pretty much everything in 1,2,5,6 was golden.

2) DK, obviously.

3) In the mid 80s I guess, when I played these.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
Dixie Kong! <3333 I had a poster of the box-art to DKC2 GBA in my room above my bed for many years with Dixie there.
Donkey Kong Country on the Game Boy Colour. So... not a good impression.

I'm notable for introducing RawkHawk2010 to the DKC series with DKC2 GBA.

Last edited:

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
1) I say a tie between Donkey Kong 64 and Tropical Freeze. But I have to go with DK64.
2) Diddy Kong. I think he's pretty cool for a Kong.
3) Donkey Kong Land for sure. I used to play it on the Game Boy years ago and really loved it, though it gets a bit hard as I play (thank god for save files).

Kirbyfan391

Inkling
1) Donkey Kong Country 2
2) Lanky Kong. HE
3) I think it was through the Gameboy Advance ports of the DKC games. Either that or his appearances in Mario Kart/Party. Though none of these were from my own gameplay experiences though, it was from when I watched of my brother playing them.

I am a fan of the DK games certainly, though my experience with the franchise has mostly just been with the classic SNES trilogy. But I too want K Rool in Smash and a return to the DK series in general..

Last edited:

Teeples

Full Squid
NNID
Flow_Teeples
A) Donkey Kong Country 2 or Donkey Kong 64 (Like every Donkey Kong game though)
B) Chunky Kong from DK64 (DK and Diddy runner ups)
C) 4 years old played Donkey Kong Country 1, also watched the show sometimes on TV

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
1) Tropical Freeze. It was beautiful, it was fun, and it was hard (but satisfying).
2) Lanky. He always seems to have fun no matter what he's doing, and he's generally weird and funny.
3) Donkey Kong Land 2. I didn't get very far in it, but it was still fun, and the soundtrack is pretty memorable anyway.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
1. Easily DKC2. The large variety of Animal Buddies and well-designed stages and a plethora of bonuses make for a very fun game.

2. Cranky Kong. Not many characters can be crabby and unintentionally funny at the same time.

3. The first DKC game which I played when it was first released.

Last edited:

Wrog

Senior Squid
Not a huge Donkey Kong fan, I only really like DKC 2 , DK 64 and from what I have played, I like DK Tropical Freeze, but I shall answer the questions

Donkey Kong Country 2
Hard to say, probably Diddy or DK Jr.
A modded XBOX and a PS2 were the first consoles I ever had, and the XBOX had Donkey Kong Country on it.

Nikoe

Inkling
Q1) Tropical Freeze. I just finished it for the first time today, loved it from beginning to end. The best 2D platformer I've ever played.
Q2) Dixie. I have fond memories of her in DKC2, she was a much more useful character than Diddy. Also my favorite sidekick in DKCTF.
Q3) Bought DKC2 for Wii U eShop last winter. I had never experienced such a beautiful dystopian-like atmosphere in a game before and was very impressed. I've only played that and TF, but I'm planning on getting the other DKC games at some point.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
1. My favorite donkey kong game is donkey kong tropical freeze mostly because of the music.
2. My favorite kong is either cranky or donkey kong
3. I remember going out and buying dk64 when i was 5 but then came the expansion pack screen.
I couldn't play till a week later.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
1] Donkey Kong Country 1. It's music was the best in the snes series.
2] Kranky Kong. His advice was always paired with some funny guilt trip or criticism.
3] I first came across the series with the infamous Donkey Kong tape distributed to promote the first game. As a kid, it was awesome, and i learned a lot about behind-the-scenes development with the game.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
Without a doubt the DKC games on the Super Nintendo are the greatest platformers of all time.

Q1) Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble. By far the most fun and most interesting. DKC2 is fantastic but DKC3 just had all the polish in level design and in the music and everything.
Q2) Chunky Kong. So lovable. Dixie Kong is a close second.
Q3) First played DKC2 on the SNES when I was about 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom