• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Donkey Kong Social Thread

toxictower

Full Squid
Donkey Kong Country all the way!!! Particularly DKC2. My fav is probably Diddy tbh, and I was first exposed at the age of 8! I love to see DK fans because I don't think there are enough of them??? I will probably fight anyone IRL that disagrees that DK is one of the greatest franchises ever. :ability_damage:

EdgyTriangle

Inkling
NNID
EdgyTriangle
Q1) That is really hard to say. I like all of them; the original trilogy, Returns, and DK64 (I have yet to play Tropical Freeze). I guess I'd go with Returns though, since it's the one I put the most hours into.

Q2) Chunky Kong is best Kong. Why don't they include him in more games? I mean, who doesn't love a big scaredy-cat who's instrument of choice is a triangle? Also, he can pick up a boulder, with relative ease!

Q3) When I was little, my aunt let me play DKC3 while I was visiting; that was the first time I played a Donkey Kong game. Though I recently got back into the series a little while before Returns came out.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Q1) What is your favorite Donkey Kong game?

Still playing through Tropical Freeze at the moment but so far that has been going well and most likely will be my favorite. Mainly because I am playing though it with the love of my life, my husband.

Q2) Which member of the Kong family is your favorite?

Dixie Kong! Too bad I can't play as her right now in Tropical Freeze because I am the way more experienced player in comparison to my husband and he will struggle a lot with no special powers Donkey kong so I am using Donkey Kong for the time being.

Q3) When were you first exposed to the DK series?

Friend in elementary school has the first DKC game on the SNES. We played Co-op. Can't remember if I was Donkey or Diddy though.

I got 200% along with getting all puzzle pieces in Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii U version. No speed run challenges were done though because I like taking it slow and taking in the scenery when playing.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Q1) What is your favorite Donkey Kong game?
Donkey Kong Country 2. It nailed everything the first game introduced and made it better. I always thought the first game was lacking in the length department. Sometimes I will take out the old Gameboy Advance and play the DKC 1 port because it was so short. But I like the sequels more because they fix that with mandatory bonus stages and world if you want to be a completionist.

Q2) Which member of the Kong family is your favorite?
Lanky Kong. So relatable.

Q3) When were you first exposed to the DK series?
When I was a wee lassy I played Donkey Kong Country when my mom was pregnant with my sister. I got the SNES when my uncle moved out of our grandparent's house, so then I took the liberty of playing the rest of the series. Unfortunately we didn't have DKC3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom