Don't use top tiers you dislike in Sm4sh just to win BUT doesn't care about with Splatoon weapons

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
Anyone else feels the same?

I main Lucina in Sm4sh and even though I love The Legend of Zelda I don't wanna go sheik to win. But In this game I'm always switching wepons around when I think I lost because I picked a bad weapon for the map or the meta, and I can enjoy them all because splatting squiddos is always fun no mater how you do it

With that being said, I hate how heavy to move around is the 0.96 gal deco, but I think I can train how to use her just fine without giving a ink about tiers.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You don't really have to care about weapon tiers or what others think about a weapon to use it. I, for one, use 24/7 and love my Heavy Splatling, and for what I've seen it's considered fairly bad or unusable in the competitive scene. That said, some maps do benefit some weapon types over others (small maps benefit short-range focused weapons, large maps benefit longer-ranged ones, etc.), but that doesn't mean you can't take a Sploosh-o-matic to Moray Towers. On the .96 Gal, it is supposed to be "heavier" than the .52 Gal, both balance wise and logic wise (a longer barrel and larger projectile means added weight)

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I personally think that tier lists are kind of the wrong way to look at things if you aren't already playing at a competitive level and simply want to get good at the game.

The issue is that different weapons are designed to do different things and have different roles. For example, the E-Liter is generally considered top tier due to its range and the fact that it has a good tool to deal with people who get close to them. But if you try to use it as a mid-range zoner like a Jet Squelcher or a Heavy Splatling, you're not going to be able to compete with them because it simply isn't as effective at that role as those weapons are.

Obviously, though, some weapons are more effective at certain roles than others. The E-Liter literally has no competition when it comes to extreme long-range weaponry, and the Tentatek Splattershot is probably one of the best rushdown weapons in the game. My point is that it's probably a better idea to find a playstyle or two that suits you the most, and then find whatever the best weapon is for that role. For example, I love supporting my teammates and zoning people out at mid-close range, so my favorite weapon is the Heavy Splatling. But I also like the Tri-Slosher because I can support my teammates as well with the coverage and Bubbler, and the ridiculous mobility provided by the coverage makes assassinations pretty common.

Whelt

Inkling
The nice thing about Splatoon is that you can do very well even with some of the "worst" weapons. Some weapons are undoubtedly better than others, but the gap is small enough that it's not totally unreasonable to use something like an Inkbrush in high level play. With enough dedication, you can get to S+ with any weapon in the game.

Compare that to Smash where a majority of the roster just can't compete with the few characters at the top. Good luck trying to beat a Sheik with Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom