• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Drawings and Plaza Posts MIA?!

Are your posts/drawings "disappearing", too?

• Total voters

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Is it just my friend and myself who are having this issue or is anyone else noticing this? It seems that we post a drawing or something else to the plaza in Splatoon and tell others about it only to find out from our other friends that not even 5 minutes pass and our posts or Squids aren't in the plaza at all. :confused: Our friends can't find us or the post anywhere; yet, there are sometimes literally doodles or scribbles that stay for days or hours at a time. :( Any ideas as to what's going on or if we're alone, etc.? I know they at least post to my friend's and my Facebook pages. o_O

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think about half the plaza is squids you've played with/against recently, and the other half is ones with a lot of Yeahs on their posts. The former can be replaced rather quickly.

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's really just chance on whether or not your posts get to them, it's nothing to worry about.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
This all seems so weird to me; it seems almost pointless now to try and make an in-game post if no one can see my drawings/posts. :(

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Just a follow up to this post; I actually called Nintendo about 2 days ago now. Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. When I called the rep. said other people have called and have had this problem, too. They told me they were forwarding my complaint/concern to the tech. support for more research on it and discovering why I cannot view my posts or my friends, etc. So if you are having this problem, please call them. They will help you and it's definitely not a chance thing that says you may or may not see a post. It is ligit! Anyway, I'm calling them back on Thursday for a follow-up as I haven't received any information on this yet and what they have or have not discovered.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
So apparently I'm not alone on this. This seems to be a bigger problem than I initially thought. Here's some more posts on this topic elsewhere.

akimbowastaken

Inkling
I opened an account just for this. I, too am having problems with my friends seeing my drawings. I have two local friends I play Splatoon 2 with, and neither of them can see my drawings in the plaza. I have both Twitter and Facebook linked, and have tried posting with each of them linked individually, and nothing works. It's an absolute shame, as I spent a good three hours on my drawing, only to have it effectively not exist at all.

With that said, did anybody find a solution to this?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The plaza is filled with two groups of squids, ones you played with recently and others that currently have trending images.

Speaking from experience the ones that you have recently played with will never have an image above them. This counts for both people you recently played Salmon Run with and the people you played TW/Ranked with. So no matter how often you play with others, your image will never show up that way just because you recently played with others.

The only way for your post to show up is to get a lot of likes/fresh and hope by pure chance it'll get popular enough to show up at your friends. That, or you can send them directly the twitter/facebook link to it.

akimbowastaken

Inkling
So no matter how often you play with others, your image will never show up that way just because you recently played with others.

The only way for your post to show up is to get a lot of likes/fresh and hope by pure chance it'll get popular enough to show up at your friends. That, or you can send them directly the twitter/facebook link to it.
What a nightmare. So, if my drawing is that that popular, hardly anybody will see it at all? How do people see it when it's new, then? It's definitely not fresh when it's recently posted. I made burner accounts for Twitter and Facebook solely for Splatoon 2, so I have no followers.

I still say that's dumb; I miss the old plaza where ALL drawings would show up or at the very least you could be found on miiverse. :(
Agreed. It's also nice to know who gave me a "Yeah!" in Miiverse, and it also archived my previous drawings and the ones I Yeah!ed as well. I really dislike Nintendo's current implementation of this system. I hope they change it once they start actually charging for online. It's a mess currently and not worth the pricetag in my opinion.

Here's what I drew, by the way. The Splatoon community largely won't get the joke, as they're too young for Eazy-E, NWA, and probably even Nintendo 64 at this point.

Attachments

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
What a nightmare. So, if my drawing is that that popular, hardly anybody will see it at all? How do people see it when it's new, then? It's definitely not fresh when it's recently posted. I made burner accounts for Twitter and Facebook solely for Splatoon 2, so I have no followers.

Agreed. It's also nice to know who gave me a "Yeah!" in Miiverse, and it also archived my previous drawings and the ones I Yeah!ed as well. I really dislike Nintendo's current implementation of this system. I hope they change it once they start actually charging for online. It's a mess currently and not worth the pricetag in my opinion.

Here's what I drew, by the way. The Splatoon community largely won't get the joke, as they're too young for Eazy-E, NWA, and probably even Nintendo 64 at this point.
That's cool! I love it! :D

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Just wondered if anyone else has noticed that most of the posts that do show up have the "@" symbol which to me indicates that they're from twitter. Does anyone else notice this or think that may be the case?

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
This person was found in both my brother's and my Square and it was kind of just a squiggle, so does this mean THIS SQUIGGLE was more popular than my brother or I putting several minutes (perhaps even hours) into a much more thought out and (arguably) better quality drawing?! :(:confused:o_O

(my game)

(my brother's game)

Last edited:

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Quick update, and probably my last one, Nintendo did email me back and now has done a 180 on me. They now will not admit there's any problem and refuse to look more into detail on this problem. They only tell me that it is true that Splatoon 2 is linked to social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook, but say that people's posts will appear most frequently in the Square/Plaza if you've played with them and you will have a higher probability of finding those as opposed to your friends' posts. This is is so sad. I'm sorry if you've been following this to hopefully solve any problems you've encountered that were similar to mine; it seems that Nintendo is refusing to help us in this manner. As for myself, I'm probably going to begin experimenting on my own soon with a "dummy" Twitter account. If anyone's still curious about this and my findings, let me know, but I probably won't be posting anything here...unless you all want updates.

YokoSquib

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7108-1928-3012
So i recently found my inkling in the plaza on my alt. And i have to say this is the solution. To find your inkling, your gonna have to have alot of “fresh!” on your post. I say about 10 because thats how much nintendo decides to make your post go mainstream a little in most games. Now when you find your inkling, keep “fresh!”ing your post to keep them in there. If you stop freshing for a while they will disappear and you will have to wait for them to show up again. Keep freshing and you will be up to date with what he/she has to post.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
So i recently found my inkling in the plaza on my alt. And i have to say this is the solution. To find your inkling, your gonna have to have alot of “fresh!” on your post. I say about 10 because thats how much nintendo decides to make your post go mainstream a little in most games. Now when you find your inkling, keep “fresh!”ing your post to keep them in there. If you stop freshing for a while they will disappear and you will have to wait for them to show up again. Keep freshing and you will be up to date with what he/she has to post.
Well, now this makes sense as far as why I'm not seeing mine or my brother's posts/drawings! My cod why does it have to be so hard to get posts to show up?! (That's rhetorical by the way; I don't need an answer...I'm just venting.) Thank you! ^_^ I just wish you could find it in the first place; I'm not sure what it takes to find it initially!

YokoSquib

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7108-1928-3012
Yeah, i like miiverse’s version better when they would show the most recent posts from everyone. And the fact that you only have to draw/write out your stuff and not type it is annoying. The best you can do is say a meme or something relatable, or draw and hope your drawing gets up to 10 freshes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom