Dream Kit Disussion

Cursed

Inkling
burst bomb splashdown dynamo. It would be the most throw pick ever but I honestly think it would be so much fun

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
I can't really just drop my dream kit, as there are two specials I would love for octobrush, Zipcaster & Splashdown. Now, Octo does already get zip, HOWEVER that kit also gets suction, which is nearly worthless for the weapon. I want Burst/Zip, or Burst/Splashdown

Flakes

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4832-8664-7400
I am begging and praying for AerosprayPG with Burst Bomb + Ink Storm. It would be SO fun to play around with

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
For Wiper I had Splat Bomb Inkjet since it's basically my favorite sub and my favorite special and they both happen to work perfectly on a shorter-range, mobile weapon that can only sorta poke over ledges like Wiper can. I don't really like dream kits as much when each component is good even if there is a lot of synergy here because it feels a lot less specific to Wiper and a lot more generic. I actually recently had the kit of Ink Mine Tacticooler on my mind a bunch lately though, hated it at first but after like a week or so I actually kinda grew to love it lmao. It'd really not be great but it'd swap between being really supportive and really skirmishy and annoying in a way I'd absolutely love. Big Bubbler would probably be even better than Tacticooler for it though since the main has an up close one-shot to keep people out, decent range to poke at people from inside, good mobility to get into position etc etc it's just perfect

For Stamper I really don't think it needs much. A Stamper with anything any stronger than what it has now would probably be super annoying to play against. As cool as Fizzy Bomb Crab Tank would be it'd just lead to the main getting even more nerfs which would probably mess with the other kits it gets too much. I'd probably be fine with most things because the main weapon is strong enough to at least somewhat carry even an abysmal kit. I'd love Squid Beakon on it because I just like having that sub on a team a lot and this thing is definitely good enough to not care about missing a bomb. Special could probably be anything but if I had to pick I guess Ink Storm or something.

AdphæeXD

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
Naut+Suction+Crab: Nautilus has a long charge time, so Suction taking a while to explode allows Naut to play off the damage better. You can't throw many, but having a bomb provides a nice tool and a fair amount of options. Crab synergies well with Nautilus because:

A. Crab allows Nautilus to play anchor, which is good since Naut is good for backless comps.

B: Nautilus keeps things out of its range. When you pop Crab, you can have a more aggressive position while still knowing you are safe (assuming there aren't Chargers.)

C. Crab gives Naut AoE and an arcing shot, which helps it take down things behind cover.

D. Nautilus stays alive well, but if you have no ink, Crab lets you stay alive for even a little bit longer, letting a teammate help you out, or letting you run away.

E. Baller reference. That's just pretty cool.

I would also like Heavy Edit+Beacon+Wail: Edit with Beacon is good because Edit can't use subs in fights, and it is a very aggressive weapon that can support other aggressive weapons. I like Wail because it helps with kill time, provides an ink refill, and most of all, lets you use your main weapon. We already have Tact, so having a weaker special would feel fine, and Wail would allow you to play extremely aggressive and fast.

I rambled a bit, but I'm sure someone enjoyed it.
Like, my legs feel asleep I took so long writing this.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
this might be a wildly hot take but i think stamper with line marker could work

cheap like burst bomb, longer range combo + more damage, still is able to paint feet like burst bomb. it trades aoe and bigger paint from burst bomb for longer range and location effect

they won't give stamper fizzy, torpedo, suction or splat bomb, so line marker is next best thing besides burst bomb which it has already. i really do not want wall on it, and point sensor would not be helpful at all this weapon has negative aoe (sorta, it's weird) and autobomb i do not see being helpful to this weapon at all

as for special, kraken would be cool because it can be like crb splatoon. but, i think with this kit it should get trizooka so that it can be the ultimate anti-backline

but i honestly love the vanilla kit so much that i personally can't justify using any other kit over it. i am dreading splatoon 4 when i have to have a kit that isn't burst bomb zipcaster. those will be very sad days. :(

Last edited:

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Machine already has my dream kit but if I could get an amazing 3rd kit I would want Torp/Crab
It's a really basic answer, everyone wanted it for Dread too but I just really want Machine to have another bomb while keeping the useful location effect from Point Sensor. It really helps knowing where the enemy team is when sloshing over ledges and Machine feels the most reliable in doing that but the potential of getting extra chip damage from Torp makes it even better.
It won't combo as well with Torp as Dread could but it would help pushing in and chasing players.
I want Crab as well so it can play a similar role Booyah Bomb does in taking space, making the enemy players move, and protecting itself while also letting it play a bit more aggressively. I also just like specials that force you to stop using your main weapon, making you learn how to use the special properly so you can get the most out of it.
Also, Machine with Crab sounds really funny lmao

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Pencil with wave breaker. I hope I don't need to explain the synergy here.
I'm not sure what sub I would want, but burst, wall, torpedo, and splat bomb all seem like good options.

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
Big Swig with Fizzy Zip would go crazy

NeoXVIII

Inkling
I really liked Grim Range's kit, look, and feel in S2, just that would be awesome (Burst and Missiles). If we're also talking balancing... I'd make it so that whenever a Missile lands it refunds a percent of the special meter. That way, once every missile has landed, you can begin to build special again, since your special isn't doing anything anymore.

Kensa Gloogas with Fizzy/Burst/Torpedo and Tacticooler would be interesting.

TriStringer with Autobomb/Torpedo and Ink Storm, to chip, support, and get people stuck on the bombs.

I really want to try a Dualie kit in 3 with Inkjet tbh. Dualies/Squelchers with Burst Bomb + Inkjet could be fun. Alternatively would give Toxic Mist if it did anything.

We were robbed of the Splash-o-matic Neo Toxic Mist + Zipcaster kit. Add it in.

Toxic Mist I'm, like, interested in? But feels like it doesn't really have much impact for something that costs 60% of your ink tank. I'd either make it cost less or rework it. It could have a mini-inkstorm effect within the affected radius, without the regen, so it paints over time and does DoT, but slows less/not at all now that it can pause chip healing. I'd still make it cost 55% minimum just because of how delayed the payoff is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom