Dream Weapons

SpYd3R

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Spyd3rx
Just wanted to see everyone's ideas for your main if you could choose the sub and special to go with it.

Mine would be :

Weapon : Inkbrush/Octobrush
Sub : Seekers
Special : Echolocate

Weapon : Splattershot Pro
Sub : Inkwall
Special : Kraken

Weapon : Ink Roller
Sub : Disruptor
Special : Inkstrike

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dream:
Dual Squelcher, Jet Squelcher or Heavy Splatling
Disruptor :disruptor:
Inkstrike :inkstrike:

Nightmare:
Roller
Ink Wall :splashwall:
Bubbler :bubbler:

Last edited:

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
.52 gal
Suction Bomb
Inkzooka

This thing would wreck anything :D

Runner-up:
Splattershot Pro
Inkwall
Inkzooka

Forge Pro has the inkzooka, but I dislike the point sensors. And I have the feeling the inkwall is stronger on longer ranged weapons, so I went with the suction bomb for the .52.

SpYd3R

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Spyd3rx
.52 gal
Suction Bomb
Inkzooka

This thing would wreck anything :D

Runner-up:
Splattershot Pro
Inkwall
Inkzooka

Forge Pro has the inkzooka, but I dislike the point sensors. And I have the feeling the inkwall is stronger on longer ranged weapons, so I went with the suction bomb for the .52.
I like the .52 gal deco but i can't imagine it without seekers they complete that gun!!!!!

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
Actually I'm interested in making a plausible bad weapon and see if anyone can justify using it :P

Rapid Blaster
Point Sensor
Echolocator

If putting Point Sensor and Echolocator together counts as terrible design that should never realistically happen (like Bomb Rush with non-damaging sub weapons), then swap Point Sensor for Squid Beakon.

As for an actual dream weapon, maybe something like:

Jet Squelcher
Suction Bomb
Bubbler

There's probably a good reason why there are no long ranged weapons that have Bubbler.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
L-3 Nozzlenose
Splat Bombs
Bubbler

I also really like how the Classic Squiffer is right now if it didn't exist already that'l be my dream weapon

bluecrow

Senior Squid
can't help but to think this thread should be in the social

Dynamo: :splatbomb::bubbler: or :splashwall::echolocator:
Inkbrush::suctionbomb::bubbler:
all the other rollers have sets I can get behind... once they come out :mad:

Last edited:

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
If we're going for pure BS dream weapons:
Inkbrush + Ink Mines / Bomb Rush
(For creating a massive mine field)

Dynamo + Point Sensor / Kraken
(For those sneaky people with ninja squid)

Aerospray + Suction Bomb / Inkzooka
(Perfect balance between close and long range)

Splattershot + Sprinkler / Echolocator
(Cuz that would be just awesome for Turf War)

Last edited:

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Mine would be the hero replica weapons that use the three bombs in the campaign (splat, burst, seeker), instead of having a special weapon. Maybe then I'd use the splattershot.

Also having the F.L.U.D.D as a dlc weapon and just spraying water instead of ink, but I doubt they'd add that

Realistically though, I'd say Inkbrush with beacon and the bubbler (setting a path behind enemy lines and creating a quick warp through a defensive wall, and the bubbler is too valuable to swap out)

Carbon roller with disrupter and echolocator (an assassin build to locate a target and stop them from running)
Actually I'm interested in making a plausible bad weapon and see if anyone can justify using it :p
Dynamo roller, beacon with bomb rush. Take the slow, offensive tank and force it into a support role, with an even more useless special than point sensor bomb rush

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Aerospray Pro with Disruptors and Bubbler ♥ I can be totally offensive and still keep my amazing fire rate. Also, Custom Aerospray Pro with Splash Wall and Kraken.
Probs be 12BPS (blobs per second/fire rate, this is considered 75% in the shop) like the Splattershot Jr's, Range would be 40 (instead of 32 on both Jr's and Aerosprays), and Damage would be 35 (vs 32).
Of course it'd be pretty expensive and need a high level like the Splattershot Pro's are. Aerospray Pro would probs be lv15 and cost 10,000, Custom Pro would be lv18 and cost 13,200. If they don't make it themselves I'm modding it in :p

chubbylittlefox

Inkling
NNID
Mariolover127
I remember before the game came out I thought you could customize your sub weapon and specials, so I was a bit sad when that wasn't the case.

Krak-on Roller = Disruptors + Kraken (of course xD) --> Disruptors would definitely help against long ranged guns, so hard getting near or away from them sometimes

Ink Brush = Point Sensors + Bubbler --> It'll be easier to track people if you know they're nearby, plus in case of an ambush the bubbler will protect you and you can take em out. (Though the Octobrush is my favorite brush out of the 2 just wish instead of beacons it had a sprinkler or splash wall)

Carbon Roller = Seekers + Bomb Rush (w/suction bombs) ---> I like the inkzooka but bomb rush would be better for me, and if people are hiding to sneak attack hopefully the seeker will take them out.

Custom E-liter 3K = Disruptors + Inkstrike ---> The kraken and beacons on it feel weird to me because if you want to go in and help your team you're left stranded afterwards since it takes forever to charge and its hard to kill em by constantly shooting. >< Or... it could have the Kraken along with Disruptors for me.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Pretty much any weapon plus Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush, but especially the Custom Jet Squelcher for dealing with Chargers. You can simply fire the bombs at close range should other foes start coming for you and they'll most likely scurry off if they want to stay alive.

Purge

Inkling
Sploosh-O-Matic (Custom)

Sub: Ink Mines
Special: Ink Strike

Squid Beacons seems kind of awkward on a weapon with such good killing ability, so mines are sort of the same but for an offensive use.

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
L-3 Nozzlenose

Sprinkler or Burst Bombs

Echolocator

With some damage-ups to put the 3 shots (that goes like one) in 99,9 damage. Watch me hunt down and insta-kill everyone with at least 0,1 damage lefting from the sprinkler or burst bombs.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Ink Brush with Bubbler and Beacons or Ink Brush with Bubbler and burst bombs for quick ranged attacks.

EDIT:... Yeah definitely burst bombs. That would solve the ink brushes range problems.

Last edited:

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Dynamo + Suction Bomb/Killer Wail.

Killer Wail makes it so you can easily clear a passage and take choke points. Basically a better Inkstrike. Suction Bomb just to put on more pressure on foes than Splat Bombs and corner them.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
A dream weapon? Like, something that'll never happen?
An Inkzooka. Not as a special, just firing away with it as your primary fire. It would eat through your ink really quickly, but it would function just like the special does (without the time limit, though). As a sub, it would have Disruptors, because those shots are skinny and you want to make sure you land them. As for its special, it would have the Inkzooka Bubbler, because it might be kinda maybe a bit balanced (with the pushback from shooting the bubble and firing the Inkzooka, it should be fairly easy to push off ledges). I doubt it would be in any way balanced, but it would certainly be fun.

But for a more serious consideration, I'd like to see:
1) An Inkbrush with Squid Beakons (a great team-support sub) and Echolocator (to reveal enemy positions). It's a pure-support Inkbrush, using its unparalleled speed to get around, placing Squid Beakons to let teamates follow you easily, and using Echolocator to show enemy positions, useful for your teammates who hopefully have better weapons for firefights to get the drop on enemies and for yourself to set up ambushes, but it lacks any combat option outside its tiny range.
2) A Dynamo Roller with Disruptors (to slow enemies so your long swing time isn't as big a problem) and Bubbler (again, to mitigate the swing time problem, but also to make it easier to attack with the Dynamo, emphasizing its attack power). It's a more offensively-minded Dynamo Roller, trading any turf-covering ability outside the HUGESWINGS and rolling along the ground for being able to near-effortlessly destroy opponents by slowing them with Disruptors before covering a large area with your swings or protecting yourself from bullets with Bubbler before crushing your non-invincible opponents under a tidal wave of ink.
3) A Luna Blaster with Seekers (for a ranged-attack option, which can also be used for travel) and Bomb Rush (mostly because I want to see Seeker Rush outside of Octo Valley, but also because I think it could be useful for getting around or just for creating a wall of boats to harass enemies from a higher elevation). It would have problems dealing with higher-up enemies since it lacks Inkzooka, but it would be better at getting around and dealing with enemies at mid-range thanks to having Seekers.
4) An E-Liter with Sprinklers (to ink turf in an area while you snipe attempts to re-cover it) and Killer Wail (yeah, the E-Liter already has long range, but the Killer Wail could still be useful since it hits a larger area and sticks around for a bit, and also it goes through walls so you can't hide from it, unlike Charger shots). It might work, using Sprinklers to ink turf and Killer Wails to prevent enemies from hiding from your shots, and also using the superior range on your shots to snipe with ease.
5) A Sploosh-O-Matic with Burst Bombs (to attack at midrange, or soften up close enemies) and Kraken (mostly for running away safely, but you could use it for instant-splat ambushes). It's a more combat-capable Sploosh, with Burst Bombs to attack outside its pretty-poor range and Kraken for escape and ambushes.

Probably none of those are good ideas, but I'd be interested in seeing them if they somehow happened.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Inkbrush (insert custom name)
:burstbomb:+:bubbler:
I'm sure that one direct hit from a burst bomb and a swipe = a 2 hit k.o. maybe(?)
plus with :ability_bombrange:and:ability_damage: you can out range and punish others x:
and bubbler is there because it's a support weapon

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
If I could swap out the Blaster Custom's point sensors for the Disruptors of the standard, it's the only weapon I'd ever use in Ranked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom