dual squelch in ranked tips??

eliter3k

Inkling
NNID
shouyous7
anyone have any? (regular dual squelch)
it might have just been the maps, but i think it would be nice if i could get some tips for using the dual squelcher in ranked! (i'm low B rank) all three modes appreciated!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
You are basically a support weapon, meaning your goal is map control, pressuring, and charging the echo. You CAN (and should sometimes) be aggressive, but be sure to do those three things first.

Keep people at your optimum range, which means you need to have good map awareness and a good sense of your weapon. Make sure you make a mental note of which paths people take and other patterns like that. Because of your range and turf covering ability (and echo) you are great at cutting off flanks and zoning people.

For splat zones you can capture the zones fairly quickly then act as goalie, pressuring paths and echoing as often as you can. If you lose the zone, try to use your range to recapture or push the opponents out. If there are stronger ranged weapons around (.96 or Spro) then you need to be more cautious and try to sneak around a bit. Use your splat bombs to push people back in these situations. Always get as much map control as possible, so that sometimes means sitting back and covering turf around the zone to cut off opponents possible paths.

For tower control you can get map control then echo to track down opponents and take them out to help with the push. You are support though, so when your team is pushing don't overextend. You may have to sit back and play defense and provide a safe spawn point. If your team does get take out, if you've done your job covering turf in the mid it will slow the opponents down, hopefully enough to allow your team to get back into action. You have range, so try to get high ground and take out opponents riding the tower if they are pushing, but always keep an eye out for their vanguard, taking out people ahead of the tower.

For rainmaker...don't play rainmaker...
Ok, but seriously, this is a rough mode because you have no control over where the objective is/is going and can't make your teammates do what you want. Unless you are awesome with the rainmaker, then I'd suggest making sure your carrier has a good path to the pedestal and use echo to know when the enemies are flanking. Your job is to protect the rainmaker, so going on the offensive might be the best option here.

Here is the build I use:
Fake Contacts :head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Red Vector Tee :clothes_tes013: :ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
(working on perfect rolls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom