dual zones

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
dual zones is so annoying. every time your team takes control of one square, the enemy team has a huge advantage to take control of the other and it just goes like that until you get a wipeout.

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
I agree with you but like to be fair some of them are pretty necessary. It would be pretty hard to make a single zone in like Flounder for instance. That said some others like Manta Maria have no excuse to be dual zones.

Astro Dwarf

Inkling
I'd have to disagree. Zones has always been the most knockout heavy mode in the game, and thus games don't last as long as other modes. Having 2 zones helps to make a round last closer to the length of other modes by stretching out the neutral game. Dual zones is a good thing, the annoying part to you rather has to do with map design. A map like Umami ruins allows you to move on the map more freely and move forwards despite not having both zones. Flounder and Manta you hate because you have to move forward through the zones by capturing both of them (generally).

I think we need to see more of dual zones as it reduces the effectiveness of cheese strategies by requiring them to have coordination and balances out a more lock-out heavy mode. Just put it on better designed maps.

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
I'd have to disagree. Zones has always been the most knockout heavy mode in the game, and thus games don't last as long as other modes. Having 2 zones helps to make a round last closer to the length of other modes by stretching out the neutral game. Dual zones is a good thing, the annoying part to you rather has to do with map design. A map like Umami ruins allows you to move on the map more freely and move forwards despite not having both zones. Flounder and Manta you hate because you have to move forward through the zones by capturing both of them (generally).

I think we need to see more of dual zones as it reduces the effectiveness of cheese strategies by requiring them to have coordination and balances out a more lock-out heavy mode. Just put it on better designed maps.
Damn good point

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom