• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Dualie Squelchers Loadout

Rau Le Creuset

Inkling
NNID
Rau-Ie-Creuset
Heyhey Squidboards,

I happen to be getting Splatoon 2 in the near future and really don't know much about the specifics of it. I've been playing splatoon since early June and all I've used is the Dual Squelcher/Custom Dual Squelcher. Though I am loathe to see that they have cut my love in half, I can't simply give up on it. I've been getting great use out of playing a support role with the custom in ranked these days and so I thought I'd continue to play this role again. I'm looking at these abilities to max out the dualie squelchers effectiveness:

Swim Speed
3x special charge up

Get to and move away/around the action faster
Charge annoying ballistic soda missiles

Ink Saver Main
3x special charge up

Allow more shots after a point sensor, allow more shooting to charge annoying ballistic soda missiles, allow more combat presence.
Charge annoying ballistic soda missiles

Ink Saver Sub
3x ???

Allow more lenience with my point sensors, I don't have to be so frugal with them.
???

-------

I want to say that I don't need much more special charge up from this point on, but don't know what to use in its stead. I've been looking at 3 abilities in particular:

Sub Power Up - I've heard that this may be fairly powerful for point sensors. 3 subs would make it travel farther, faster, and also add 2 seconds to the locator duration. on paper it seems like a large buff, but I often stop to question its usefulness

Ink Recovery Up - Not only does this help me throw out point sensors more, but it also helps with inking. I get more general use out of this ability than i do the former.

Special Power Up - This increases the radius for the tenta missiles lock-on circle, but having never played I don't know how useful this is.

Any insight would be appreciated, as well as any alternative ideas. For all I know I could be building for this weapon completely wrong.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Dualie Squelchers are arguably better than they were in the first game. If nothing else, they have their own unique niche now. Their dodge roll is the only one that continually allows movement, other dualie weapons come to a stop after a roll. As a result of this, the dualie squelchers are the most mobile ranged weapon in the game currently.
That picture is what I usually like to use with the weapon, emphasizing ammo efficiency and special spam.

Point sensors are useful but a lesser concern for the weapon's kit. Swim speed is always useful regardless of weapon, and special power up dramatically increases the size of Tenta Missile's targeting reticle even with just three subs. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom