Better chip damage,
almost same paint output,
better kill potential,
better synergy with the cooler buff,
can back- mid- AND frontline, instead of being stuck as an achor

Once Pencil gets nerfed, Dynamo will become the go to Cooler option

tapout

Inkling
as much as i love occasionally playing around my teammate's pocket dynamo, that vertical flick is still just so bad man :/

like yeah, you could say "just don't use it" but you WILL misinput and get punished for it at some point

Cha/rizard

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5223-4126-0439
I see what you mean, but they would have to nerf pencil a crap ton, and we don’t know how well dynamo can deal with things like edit, ntri(although it’s kinda dead) and even the nerfed pencil. That’s not to say it can’t be at top level, but it needs more consistency and the other cooler options may get buffs when pencil gets a nerf, so overall maybe? But we’ll wait and see

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
If pencil gets nerfed I feel like everyone's just gonna run tri and zap... And dynamo still has wildly inconsistent matchups and just dies to certain things like chargers splatlings stamper squeezer blasters etc

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
HAH! HAHAHHAHAHAHHA THAT'S A FUNNY JOKE! yeah, right. what, you want a midline to fill a backline role? if you pick up dynamo your team will definitely have to play around it differently. I don't play dynamo for my team often, but when I do, it's only for certain types of maps/modes where i can set up and they can reliably kill without me getting cooler right away because even with a main of special charge it can be slow going at times.

'when pencil gets nerfed'. funny.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
uhhh no dynamo is like bottom 10 main weapons. pencil kills faster and has better chip. really bad matchup spread like tako said. paint and hitboxes just sometimes dont work as intended.

The Game Wheel

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6050-9066-4925
I
Better chip damage,
better kill potential,

I find it funny because i feel like pencil being nerfed is the most copium part of this post

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Better chip damage,
better kill potential,

Do you really think this?

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
as much as i love occasionally playing around my teammate's pocket dynamo, that vertical flick is still just so bad man :/

like yeah, you could say "just don't use it" but you WILL misinput and get punished for it at some point
How easy is it to misinput compared to Stamper's dash attack?

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728

vertical is kinda necessary for dynamo to have and use in its current state. it's legit good for it. just needs its minimum damage tuned.

antyytna

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2627-3241-7131
Vertical allows you to at least go for chip / paint at a long range, I never really agreed with people who say it's a nerf. The only time it's really applicable as a downgrade is if you are already falling and want to swing, but honestly, having to aim is something that Dynamo players should have to do at least sometimes so.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Vertical allows you to at least go for chip / paint at a long range, I never really agreed with people who say it's a nerf. The only time it's really applicable as a downgrade is if you are already falling and want to swing, but honestly, having to aim is something that Dynamo players should have to do at least sometimes so.
with how dynamo is pretty stationary and plays behind specific bits of cover, increasing kill range is also very valuable since the alternative is moving forward, past your cover.

quilxinm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1715-4049-1802
Better chip damage,
better kill potential,

I don’t think this is going to happen and I say this as someone who plays with a dynamo one trick. Dynamo still isn’t strong enough to be a good pencil replacement, and even if pencil got nerfed into the ground most backline would play either a standard charger or bp and run nzap. Paint output between dynamo and pencil is skewed towards pencils favor I believe as well.
Dynamo is getting stronger however it’s really a black sheep weapon because it requires generally a comp built around itself instead of a weapon like pencil or nzap where it can be slotted in easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom