Dynamo roller viability thoughts?

Sun3

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Sun3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5980-0921-5120
After the recent dynamo buff a lot of people have been saying it’s viable now, most notably FLC.
ive personally always thought dynamo has had potential for competitive but I wonder what others think

Eight

Inkling
NNID
Eight
Switch Friend Code
SW-8541-7647-2894
I think it's in a decent place now. It has 2 good kits, one of which is a good cooler option that's pretty good for zones. But I am a low level comp player so if someone disagrees i'd like to hear why.

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
I think it has potential! Dedicated dynamo players are able to do really well on it from what I've seen! Seems like it takes a lot of time and dedication though

Radha

Inkling
In the best state it's been the entire of s3, but I don't see a reason to pick it over pencil + an AOE weapon,

MrEgg73

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7111-3341-3549
flc said it could be good so its obv a top tier /s

what radha said, dynamo provides nothing the range + pencil combo cant provide while also losing out the really good anchoring of pencil, consistency of coolered range, and needs a comp built around it more heavily to make up for its slowness and lack of a bomb. if they buff the paint to be consistent i could see it as a zones niche since it could prob flip some of the smaller zones and def walls out some really harsh chokes. alas, another time :(

FM360

Inkling
NNID
fm3600
After the recent dynamo buff a lot of people have been saying it’s viable now, most notably FLC.
ive personally always thought dynamo has had potential for competitive but I wonder what others think
Dynamo is seriously top 10 rn with the recent buff. The new hitbox is very forgiving

Beat0s

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-2512-8228-1908
he
the buff really helps it’s consistency, a teammate has been using it after the buff during our practice and its been a lot more consistent in its killing power, so it has had a lot more impact in team fights

DJWolfBot

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6247-8985-8679
It's no longer a throw pick anymore, and will likely be experimented with for a bit, but not for long as it has too much competition for cooler slot. It still has problems with sluggishness and it'd be the main reason it gets dropped after a week or two besides its occasional issues with paint droplets.

Julian³

Inkster Jr.
In my opinion, the buff has certainly helped a lot. It feels the closest to how it felt in Splatoon 1 ever since it got nerfs at the launch of Splatoon 2!

But I feel like pencil is stunting it's potential growth (same with other cooler weapons that aren't zap.) As it directly competes with its cooler and paint output.

silly

Inkster Jr.
Especially after seeing what TurdDynamo from Project Rat can do i think Dynamo can definitely see play in higher levels. In general it's still outclassed by Pencil, Zap, and even edit, but depending on the team comp I could definitely see it being a playable cooler option especially on maps like Humpback or Manta.

hippoueenv

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4152-6254-4922
The buff was amazing but i don't think it made Dynamo top tier, it's just no longer a joke weapon. I'd call Dynamo viable the same way that Glooga Dualies are viable.

From my experience playing as and against Dynamo since the latest patch I've still had multiple experiences where the horizontal flick did 0 damage at nearly point-blank range so... yeah. The extra damage is great, but once you get used to the new oneshot range, you're still able to kite enemy Dynamos and dive on them right after you survive the first flick, especially if you're playing a weapon with a bomb. It's vertical flick is still hot garbage, it still loses hard to any weapon that outranges its oneshot, and it's still countered or outclassed by every top pick and a solid 80% of everything else.

Right now I don't really see how either of it's kits fit into the meta. vDynamo is outclassed by literally every other cooler option and gDynamo suffers from the opportunity cost of running a Splat Bomb paired with an ink hungry main AND Super Chumps. But the weapons you pick in SoloQ don't really matter too much compared to competitive (and I've had a lot of success with Dynamo in ranked too) so it's definitely good enough now for the average player. There's even a Dynamo with 3000xp right now on the X rankings.

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
I definitely think it's a viable option now... if we exclude Snipewriter out of the equation. If you're unable to effectively play against a Snipewriter, you're going to meet your end faster than any other weapon in the game. Snipewriter is basically the perfect counter to Dynamo.

I think once Snipewriter begins to fall off of the leaderboard, Dynamo will have a much easier time fitting its way into a competitive environment.

Cursed

Inkling
I think it has the potential to become a niche pick for some maps/comps

Takan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4751-1861-7220
Its viable yea, you can definitely build a comp around it especially on strong dynamo maps like humpback. The only problem for it rn mostly is pencil which absolutely ****s on the weapon, but if that where to get toned back and be less common than it should be all good 👍

quilxinm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1715-4049-1802
My team has began running a dynamo-glooga core and it’s found massive success. I don’t think dynamo is a legitimate choice yet but it’s no longer a throw pick. However if you have a player that understands the weapon it becomes deadly.
I feel like team comps with dynamo should be explored! We run dynamo-glooga-shot-zap and we won gamma bracket with it in low ink! I think there’s potential and it’s very fun to play with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom