E-Liter Abilities Suggestions?

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
So I have decided to start working with the E-Liter and its a lot more different than I am used to with my splatterscope. I am used to firing quick shots and getting some really good close up action.

With the E-Liter I am having some trouble and I was just wondering what gear all of you E-Liter mains use out there? Any suggestions on what I should use?

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
X3 :ability_inkrecovery: subs or 1 main is pretty important. E-liter eats through ink really quick so this helps a lot.
X3 :ability_inksavermain: subs or 1 main gives you a 4th full charge shot. Pretty useful
x3 :ability_specialcharge:or 1 main is good especially after the specials nerf.
:ability_damage: is really good for chargers so I always try to run either x3 subs or 1 main. This lets you splat at around 65-70% charge unless they are wearing defense. It takes around an 80% charge to kill without attack up for comparison.
:ability_tenacity:is good for charging echolocators or krakens to support your team since E-liter is not all that amazing at building specials.
:ability_inkresistance: you shouldn't really be in enemy ink often but ink resistant is extremely good.
Depending on which version of the E-liter you are using you could use :ability_inksaversub: to help with squid beakons.

I would say out of all of these Ink recovery and attack up are the most important overall. Attack up guarantees that you can quick shot into burst bomb for kills even if the opponent has a defense main ability.

Malachite

Inkling
NNID
linkofdiamonds
i know this is a lttle... overdue... but I use the custom eliters (usually the scope for that little extra distance) and I usually use the jungle hat and forest hi tops as main parts of my gear, along with the school uniform or a shirt piece with swim speed up
i also highly recommend using the punk whites for customs. Lay down beakons as much as possibly (jungle hat has sub saver as its sub ability) and put them near places you usually jump around to.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
2 mains or rolls of Ink Refill, Cold Blooded (you don't want other E Liters to predict you), and then 3 mains/rolls Damage Up is what I run. :head_first::clothes_swt006::shoes_sht004:is what I use for that setup. You could shoot for my Damage Up if needed, but I only dedicated half my gear setup to it.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
@RoyLee This is long overdue, but I think it's relevant again because of the nerfs.

Personally I'm using :ability_inksavermain:, :ability_swimspeed:, and :ability_inksaversub: at the moment.

It takes a lot of skill but if you can live without damage up, spend your slots on other abilities. The inkling girl gear is really good too imo, since ink recovery up comes in more handy for this gear. I say swim speed up because of the speed nerfs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the speed nerfs on the custom version also hurt its Kraken. If you're using the custom version it would be better not to use ink saver sub since ink recovery up can also apply to the main weapon and you won't be using beacons left/right anyway. You might want to spend that slot on maybe quick super jump if you want to hop around if you place a bunch of beakons around, or special charge up if you want to apply Kraken more. Ink saver sub is definitely necessary for the regular, since it'll help you get a third burst bomb in, even if two abilities might be necessary.

Hope this helps ^_^

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I personally consider those two to be a must-have for an E-Liter user:

:ability_damage:at least x3 Main or x9 Sub. Even after the unbelievable range reduction of uncharged shots, they are all but useless and their range remains impressive. The long charge time is a disadvantage, but with a good amount of Strength-Ups, you can land kills a lot earlier with uncharged shots. However, because of the 20% range nerf of 2.7.0, I would say you should rely less on uncharged shots so I think three mains or nine subs are sufficient.

As well as

:ability_inkrecovery: at least x2 Main or x6 Sub. This depends highly on how many :ability_inksavermain: or :ability_inksaversub: you're using. If you use none of either of those two, you should at least have x2 Main of Ink Recovery. The good thing about Ink Recovery is, while it is less efficient than Ink Saver, it isn't limited to helping out only either your Main weapon or your Sub weapon. I personally find this to be the better solution because I see Ink Savers to be more benefitial for aggressive play with shorter-ranged weapons, as well as weapons that barely rely on their Sub weapon.

CM86

Pro Squid
While:ability_inksavermain: can give you a fourth shot, I do not find it as useful since I dip in the ink most of the time after a shot. If you do want that fourth shot, by all means run it. If there is anything you should have 1 main slot for its :ability_inkrecovery:. As I said before, I dip in the ink a lot, so :ability_inkrecovery: should be a must on a build. It also recently got a buff. Before the 2.7 patch, I was running something like,

Head: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
Body: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
Shoes : :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:

Here the damage up could let me charge it to about 75% for a kill. Now I am considering the following after the 2.7 patch:

Head: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:
Body: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_inksaversub::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Shoes: :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Here I am taking away some damage up in order to throw a third burst bomb (correct me if I need more ink saver sub to do this). The burst bomb nerf hit the e liter hard, so this would be my way to bounce back from that.

I hope this helps.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I posted this in another thread, but with the change I think only 2 mains of damage up is required, due to testing the relative charge times, and range we have using the weapon. I only play Custom E-Liter Scope

My two builds are:
:ability_tenacity::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

:ability_tenacity::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I do prefer the first build so that I can keep shooting, and get some quick shots. I find that ink saver main is almost useless, since you need to stack it quite a bit to get more than 4 shots. Ink recovery is far superior to me, and having so much, refills your tank much faster, using splatools changes your refill time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds! That is a huge help, so that is why I prefer all the ink recovery, and I don't need sub saver for burst bombs. Tenacity is so good now for custom e-liter, since when your teammates are out, you get your meter to fill fairly quickly, and also gives you a main of special charge, which gives you kraken more often. Even if it is slower, it can still stop the rainmaker, control the tower, and take out flankers. I think all e-liters should now run tenacity.

CM86

Pro Squid
I posted this in another thread, but with the change I think only 2 mains of damage up is required, due to testing the relative charge times, and range we have using the weapon. I only play Custom E-Liter Scope

My two builds are:

I do prefer the first build so that I can keep shooting, and get some quick shots. I find that ink saver main is almost useless, since you need to stack it quite a bit to get more than 4 shots. Ink recovery is far superior to me, and having so much, refills your tank much faster, using splatools changes your refill time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds! That is a huge help, so that is why I prefer all the ink recovery, and I don't need sub saver for burst bombs. Tenacity is so good now for custom e-liter, since when your teammates are out, you get your meter to fill fairly quickly, and also gives you a main of special charge, which gives you kraken more often. Even if it is slower, it can still stop the rainmaker, control the tower, and take out flankers. I think all e-liters should now run tenacity.

Tenacity is an interesting choice indeed, but I can see how an E-liter would greatly benefit from it seeing as how an E-liter should not be getting splatted that much. I will definitely give it a shot, although it will have to compete with my favorite piece of gear (aesthetically) : snorkel mask :)

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin

My two builds are:

Personally, I'd only run this set on a standard E-Liter.
A Custom E-Liter, it seems criminal to ignore :ability_quicksuperjump:, because of the :squidbeacon:, which allow one to play more offensively, if you have enough :ability_quicksuperjump: stacked. Beacons are a great tool for backtracking safely and going from one Charging Spot to another swiftly, as well as playing a bit more aggreaively only to retreat back to a Charger advantegous position. So I personally run:

:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_inkrecovery::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

On my Custom E-Liter.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
This is the set I'm building for vanilla eliter

:head_first::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_tel010::ability_haunt::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi004::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Working on the shoes currently ^w^
with the 2.7 update I find that a ton of damage up isn't needed since I'll be going for near to full charge most of the time. Instead I'm building more ink recovery in so I can recover my ink faster to fire off more shots or toss burst bombs. Which burst bombs now aren't spammable, which I'm glad, and are far more useful to use to finish off an enemy. Like if they have a ton of defense up on and you didn't charge enough/have enough damage up to counter then you can toss a burst bomb and finish them, and they're bigger radius/area covered makes it pretty easy to hit them with one.

Haunt is my personal favorite exclusive ability for the eliter. Cold blooded's effect changed from reducing location finding abilities/subs/special from 75% to 50% and echolocator/point sensors/haunt had their overall duration reduced. Because of this I find haunt more useful. If I'm splatted then haunt will locate who splatted me to my teammates, if I'm located then my run speed, damage, and defense are boosted which all 3 of those stats are very useful for an eliter.

I was going to include tenacity but I've decided against it, having echolocator up a lot isn't as important to me as having the ink to fire with. Would love anyone's thoughts/critiques on this build or what y'all like to use ^w^

CM86

Pro Squid
This is the set I'm building for vanilla eliter

:head_first::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_tel010::ability_haunt::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi004::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Working on the shoes currently ^w^
with the 2.7 update I find that a ton of damage up isn't needed since I'll be going for near to full charge most of the time. Instead I'm building more ink recovery in so I can recover my ink faster to fire off more shots or toss burst bombs. Which burst bombs now aren't spammable, which I'm glad, and are far more useful to use to finish off an enemy. Like if they have a ton of defense up on and you didn't charge enough/have enough damage up to counter then you can toss a burst bomb and finish them, and they're bigger radius/area covered makes it pretty easy to hit them with one.

Haunt is my personal favorite exclusive ability for the eliter. Cold blooded's effect changed from reducing location finding abilities/subs/special from 75% to 50% and echolocator/point sensors/haunt had their overall duration reduced. Because of this I find haunt more useful. If I'm splatted then haunt will locate who splatted me to my teammates, if I'm located then my run speed, damage, and defense are boosted which all 3 of those stats are very useful for an eliter.

I was going to include tenacity but I've decided against it, having echolocator up a lot isn't as important to me as having the ink to fire with. Would love anyone's thoughts/critiques on this build or what y'all like to use ^w^

Very Interesting set indeed. Funny enough I am working on getting the same shoes as you. If I do get them, Ill let you know so you can order them. At first I was not sure about haunt, but when I think about it, your absolutely right. The run speed boost will help you get away when someone is shooting you (if your perched up high like arowana mall), and the defense up will give you a better chance of living if they do hit you. I say give it a chance and see what happens. If you have luck with it, do let me know.

The biggest question I have now is, how much damage up on an E-liter is sufficient enough? Here is what I was considering:

:head_eye005: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_tly006: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_shi004: :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

As you can see, I am totally in denial of the whole burst bomb nerf and use the ink saver sub to get 3 burst bombs again. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise to not run this shirt because it may just be a waste of 4 slots. I previously ran the part time pirate with 2 damage up subs and an ink recovery up sub.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Very Interesting set indeed. Funny enough I am working on getting the same shoes as you. If I do get them, Ill let you know so you can order them. At first I was not sure about haunt, but when I think about it, your absolutely right. The run speed boost will help you get away when someone is shooting you (if your perched up high like arowana mall), and the defense up will give you a better chance of living if they do hit you. I say give it a chance and see what happens. If you have luck with it, do let me know.

The biggest question I have now is, how much damage up on an E-liter is sufficient enough? Here is what I was considering:

:head_eye005: :ability_damage: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_tly006: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_shi004: :ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

As you can see, I am totally in denial of the whole burst bomb nerf and use the ink saver sub to get 3 burst bombs again. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise to not run this shirt because it may just be a waste of 4 slots. I previously ran the part time pirate with 2 damage up subs and an ink recovery up sub.
I love that hat omg, ironically just today I ordered that off of someone xD (some random squid girl with japanese name)

So far haunt is definitely proving useful. If I'm taken out from afar due to inkzooka, other charger, etc then it locates them for my team. Or if that brush or whatever squid is flanking you and I can't stop them my teammates will be made aware of it (I mean even with VC they'll at least see their exact location and have the advantage) and then like you said the run speed, defense up, and even perhaps sometimes the damage up boost from haunt help a lot.

I'll let you know if I get it as well! I got lucky (well I ignored the shoes since I got them/unlocked the first slot way back when I first started splatoon) the first slot is ink recovery and I never unlocked slots on them. So I'm scumming the slots, still haven't gotten the 2nd to be ink recovery yet but I'm sure I'll get it eventually, and then get that last slot the same way ^w^

CM86

Pro Squid
I love that hat omg, ironically just today I ordered that off of someone xD (some random squid girl with japanese name)

So far haunt is definitely proving useful. If I'm taken out from afar due to inkzooka, other charger, etc then it locates them for my team. Or if that brush or whatever squid is flanking you and I can't stop them my teammates will be made aware of it (I mean even with VC they'll at least see their exact location and have the advantage) and then like you said the run speed, defense up, and even perhaps sometimes the damage up boost from haunt help a lot.

I'll let you know if I get it as well! I got lucky (well I ignored the shoes since I got them/unlocked the first slot way back when I first started splatoon) the first slot is ink recovery and I never unlocked slots on them. So I'm scumming the slots, still haven't gotten the 2nd to be ink recovery yet but I'm sure I'll get it eventually, and then get that last slot the same way ^w^

The snorkel mask is my favorite piece of head gear ever!

And I did not even think about haunt with other specials. It would literally locate the inkzooka user wouldn't it? It is making me like haunt even more.

Concerning your scumming method : Are you trying to order gear from Spyke with one ink recovery up sub ability and then scumming it for the other slots, or are you just scumming the gear you already own for the second and third slots? If its the second case, it will not work unfortunately. The abilities on the gear are already determined. If I am misinterpreting something you are saying I apologize.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
The snorkel mask is my favorite piece of head gear ever!

And I did not even think about haunt with other specials. It would literally locate the inkzooka user wouldn't it? It is making me like haunt even more.

Concerning your scumming method : Are you trying to order gear from Spyke with one ink recovery up sub ability and then scumming it for the other slots, or are you just scumming the gear you already own for the second and third slots? If its the second case, it will not work unfortunately. The abilities on the gear are already determined. If I am misinterpreting something you are saying I apologize.
the 2nd.....which now I understand why I keep getting swim speed in the second slot a kajillion times. WELP time to change my gear setup....again. Thanks for letting me know though! I'd have wasted even more time on the shoes not even thinking about/realizing that.

and yep! haunt locates whoever splatted you whether it was by main,sub, or special weapons. The only exception is when you trade with someone, which it will still try to locate them but I believe spawn/respawning removes the effect.

EDIT: but wait is it really predetermeined when I haven't unlocked the 2nd and 3rd slots on it? I thought slots were random until unlocked/added

CM86

Pro Squid
the 2nd.....which now I understand why I keep getting swim speed in the second slot a kajillion times. WELP time to change my gear setup....again. Thanks for letting me know though! I'd have wasted even more time on the shoes not even thinking about/realizing that.

and yep! haunt locates whoever splatted you whether it was by main,sub, or special weapons. The only exception is when you trade with someone, which it will still try to locate them but I believe spawn/respawning removes the effect.

EDIT: but wait is it really predetermeined when I haven't unlocked the 2nd and 3rd slots on it? I thought slots were random until unlocked/added
If you own a piece of gear, that gears sub abilities are already pre determined. The reason why Spyke is nice is that the second you buy gear from him, the sub ability slots have already been determined, however, if you get something you do not want, just overwrite the file and talk to Spyke again. See, the slots are determined once you buy gear. By overwriting the file, you do not own it again, so it will be randomized again once you buy it from Spyke. This idea applies to the other clothing stores too. Note that REROLLING all three slots is not pre determined.

Here is one way you can get the shoes. Go ranked and try to find a squid with the shoes with all ink recovery up (I have yet to find a squid with this). Then order it. Check everyday until Spyke gives you the piece of gear with at least 2 sub ability slots with ink recovery up. Save scum for the third slot. I left out A LOT of details in this process, but there are topics on here that go into that for you.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
I run around 3 mains worth of Damage, then around 2 mains worth of Ink Recovery. The last main can go towards Ink Saver Main, Tenacity, or Special Duration for the Echolocator and Kraken.

CM86

Pro Squid
I have a question actually.

Do you think its worth having 1 ink saver sub main and 3 ink saver sub sub abilities for the E-liter to get 3 burst bombs now? I honestly can't decide so would like to hear other peoples opinions.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
I go (my actual set) for 3K Scope
:head_amb001:
:ability_damage: :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: though preferably :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: or :ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: or :ability_damage::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:clothes_tel008::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_sht004::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom