• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 E Litre 3K range vs 4K range in the meta

Yay or nay?

• Total voters

volty-L

Inkling
The range of the E Litre was, as most would know, cut a bit from Splatoon 1 to 2. Not only that, their kits were changed, damage up was removed, and most of the maps are different.
In short, they are far from a dominant force any more.

But... let's put forward an idea: the 4K gets back the range of the 3K. Yay or nay?

Personally, I'd be for this.
But why? Why would anyone want to revive the infamous range of the old E Litre?
Think about it.
This is only one of the things that made it strong.
As an opponent of the weapon, was your bane the range?
...or was it things like the Burst Bombs plus Damage Up? Or the Echolocator ruining your stealthy objective push or exposing you from hiding? Or the Kraken that they just so happened to have when you broke into the sniper nest?
All of those other things are gone now. And what do they have now?
The standard one has Ink Mines and the Ink Storm. ...Scary, eh?
And what about the Custom E Litre? Beakons and the Bubble Blower. There's a reason why this is one of the least used weapons.
That, and the current maps make it much harder for chargers. They're much more close range focused now. Chargers, especially the E Litre, get overwhelmed.
With the extra range, the weapons would get a nice extra help in doing what they do, and do best - picking off from afar. It'll still retain the current things holding it back, so if you get ambushed, you're probably still dead.

So there's some food for discussion. I'd be interested to see what people think.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yay, right now the E4K custom is sitting at the bottom of the JP league usage list (below goo tuber). It really needs all the help it can get right now.

The regular Splat Charger gets 2 extra shots per ink tank and a faster charge time(which also means additional ink coverage), while the E4K only gets one extra bar of range over the Splat Charger. Splat Chargers also have two pretty solid sets while the sets the E4K have are pretty terrible.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I mean, if a weapon is underutilized, then it needs a buff, otherwise you have a weapon that exists for no reason. I’d say the same about the Goo Tuber. (I think that needs an increase in range and charge speed)

volty-L

Inkling
I mean, if a weapon is underutilized, then it needs a buff, otherwise you have a weapon that exists for no reason. I’d say the same about the Goo Tuber. (I think that needs an increase in range and charge speed)
I feel like if the exploit of sorts with normal chargers where you can carry a full charge for quite a distance is removed, the Goo Tuber may have more reason to exist. The Goo Tuber may have better stored charge, but the vanilla Charger has a stronger kit in other ways and the less effective stored charge is not a huge problem.
I'm thinking that they could probably limit you to swimming with a stored charge once or something on chargers bar the Tuber.

As well as that, if the E Litre got its old range, it may give it a new selection of sniper spots that normal chargers can't use. When I use the E Litre, it feels like most sniping positions are the same, but you just have a little more range to work with. When these points in Splatoon 2 are more open and less safe, you gain more problems from choosing the E Litre than benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom