Early game importance

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
I've been thinking a lot recently about strategies in turf war and what a possible setup would look like. I have some ideas for turf war, but wanted to discuss the importance of early game specifally and what a player should do in the early game to set himself up for future success moving towards the end game.

Now, in my opinion the goal early game is to try and split mid and setup positionally more so than pushing paint. It helps to have a player in a spot where longjumps move players adequately towards the action and gives them a safe place to land. Also, holding a area with positional advantage allows players more longeyivity for each life, which allows more paint to be spread. Another asoect of early game that's important is getting specials up before your opponet. The first team to gain positionally advantage, push some paint, and get special have the major advantage heading into midgame.

I pointed out the seemingly obvious advantages from winning early game, but all of that can be throw out the window with one successful push with less than thirty seconds left and a not-so-insurmountable lead. I've had games where we've dominated the whole game, won the frag battle, but one unlucky mishap and the game totally flips and we lose. So now I ask the question, how much should we emphasize on early game? And what strategies should be the standard opener in turf war?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom