Effect of "Change gear and continue" for you??

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Perhaps it's because I was well and gone when it came out, but something I've noticed go largely unacknowledged since my return to Splatoon is the "Change gear and continue feature. This is something of a game changer for me because one of my largest complaints about Splatoon is, or was, the lack of ability to change gear between matches without just entirely dropping from queue. It makes a *Massive* difference in playing with friends especially. I still dislike the means of getting into turf with friends, but it's far less painful not needed to restart that whole process every time just because you wanted to change your boots or something.

In general this makes having smaller groups of friends (Not enough for a PB) more viable for just turfing around imo, and way easier to get into as a result. Similarly, I get more enjoyment from extended turf sessions not having to constantly back out to change my setup because I want to switch things up.

So what has this addition done for you if anything? What do you think Nintendos next step in user interface improvements might be? What would you like to see?

That last question for me is easily the addition of both an unranked objectives playlist, and the ability to actually start up a lobby with my friends rather than having to try and join on them as we do now. The former portion I don't expect because I find it unlikely Nintendo will want to potentially decimate ladder populations by splitting the queues anymore. The second I find unlikely because Nintendo seems fairly comitted to their companion app (unfortunately imo), but maybe we will get lucky?

Anyway, just something I was thinking about.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I personally appreciate it a lot.
I'm not too sure about your second question, though, sadly.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Super happy about the addition, it's like, "about time they finally implemented that for turf!". Nothing was as aggravating as having to back out during an inkvasion (lobby with friends) just to switch gear or weps, then having to wait 3 minutes each time I wanted to do so. Always felt like a soft ban of sorts, and really made things feel more clumsy and unorganized when you're the type to switch up weapons and gear a lot. So all in all it's a welcome addition and I can finally mess with people without them anticipating my next weapon of choice. :p Okay, it's very likely still a charger, but a Bambi ain't no E-Liter man, amirite? Also, it's just really fun to see others change to the weapon you were using after you splatted them a lot in the previous match, seemingly out of spite. I have this happen a lot actually, it's always fun when it happens. :D

As for my wishes for the future, uuuh dunno. I'd absolutely love to be able to just make new lobbies with set friends, but idk if that's even feasible to do. It'd probably just divide the already small-ish player-base (especially in the EU) even further, causing more time-outs. With the ability to switch weapons and equip it's not a must-have anymore though.

So I'd rather go with something unrelated but still an UI/UX thing, namely plz Ninty, give us the possibility to change the music volume, disable certain songs from the playlist, or mute the music altogether so I can listen to my own without having to disable ALL of the sound. I rely too much on the SFX for additional pointers what's going on so muting all of it would sorta turn into a carpy handicap of sorts. ;_;

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I personally always had to leave lobbies more often to scrub gear and get Crusty Sean drink refills than I had to leave because I wanted to switch weapons, so being able to do that quickly on the same screen as the equip screen would be nice. Especially if you're using a drink and you have gear with different star ratings or gear that you started to upgrade at different points you have to leave to scrub every few matches.

Outside of that, it would be nice if blocking someone on your Switch would actually have an effect in Splatoon.
Also, it's just really fun to see others change to the weapon you were using after you splatted them a lot in the previous match, seemingly out of spite. I have this happen a lot actually, it's always fun when it happens.
Yeah I like that too. Sometimes I do it as well. Say a Range Blaster kicks my *** badly during a match, I might just want to prove myself and get him back with the Range Blaster.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I love the function immensely, for all the reasons everyone mentioned above, so I don't feel I need to cover them.

But I will say, the only slight downside to this feature is people leave lobbies less, so getting into a lobby with several friends can take up to three or more matches of waiting till one of the randoms finally leaves allowing you in. It's not a guaranteed problem at least, but with the many times my friends and I have set up invading turf lobbies, usually one or two people have to wait to get in, the worst I remember is a friend waiting six turf matches for someone to leave. 18 minutes waiting plus all the prep time and more, that's not fun I imagine. :oops:

Reactions: the

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
This is my favorite change from the first game to the second and I think it works really well with scrubbing gear. In the first game you just had to collect money and re-roll gear, now you have to level up the gear again after scrubbing it and the ability to change gear between battles makes it much easier to fill up the slots. I don't play with friends, as my real friends don't have a switch or really care much about one, so I actually like having lobbies that stay full. It's fun seeing the same people use different weapons with varied success.

It won't happen and doesn't have any real need, but I think it could be cool to have some kind of achievement list. I would also like more detailed stats in the splatnet app. It would be REALLY easy to show the number of you battles you've used a weapon in, but they only show wins, so I have no way to know what weapons work for me more than others.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
OMG, detailed stats. Yes, I NEED that. They're going through the trouble of giving us a win % for each Ranked mode stage. But seeing win %, average KDR and points for weapons would be something that's actually useful.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
It's definately on of the better addition they added to the game. It's really good to use when your current loadout doesn't match up well with the rest of the lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom