• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

ETLD / StaffofSmashing: A .52 Gal Deco / .96 Gal Deco Main

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Hello there people of Squidboards. My name is StaffofSmashing, or ETLD. I'm a Splatoon player ("really?") whos been here since early june and has loved the game ever since. I consider myself very competetive, always eager to run in and splat my opponents. I am a level 20 and B+ and have peaked A ranking before TOWER CONTROLL so. Now, I'm willing to join a clan / squad. But you aren't going to hire me off the bat? Ok, here's some information about me.

My character is an Inkling girl, with the Jungle Hat, the Part-Time Pirate, and LE-Low Tops as items. The Jungle Hat has Ink Saver Main with 1 Sub Ink Saver Sub + 2 Quick Super Jumps. The Part-Time Pirate has the Damage Up with 2 Ink Recoveries + 1 Special Duriation up. The LE Low Tops have Ink Saver Sub with 2 MORE Ink Recoveries.

With this set up, it's clear I want to keep my ink as long as possible. Ink Saver Main is almost undoubtly the best ability, because it lets you fire longer. Couple that with the Part Time Pirates Damage Up ability and I can easily Quad Splat some unready teams. Ink Saver sub is just kinda there so say I miss with a Seeker, I can still theoretically splat someone. The Sub Ink Recoveries were what I was trying to reroll for and I did get them. This increases my inks longetivity say I'm waiting to sneak an opponent. The 2 Quick Super Jumps are kinda there so I can last second push quicker, since Super Jumping is a generally not super good idea.

Onto my weapons, I main the .52 Gal Deco and .96 Gal Deco and Secondary the Splattershot Jr and Heavy Splatling.

The .52 Gal Deco is one of the games primary predators. With a clean 2HKO and nice range, I can easily clean up opponents not aware. The Seeker sub weapon is simply amazing. It's like a ZR Holding Inkbrush in that it paints a line behind it. With this, I can conserve even MORE ink and get into the battle as fast as an Inkbrusher. Inkstrike is a very situational special. MY strategy with it isn't striking in the middle of their spawn in Turf, or on the Zone in Splat Zones, or Tower in Tower Control. Of Course I still do this but not as often as using it to take down Campers, or using it in the middle of the line between our and the enemy's ink, providing us an opportunity to advance. Of course, this might not necessarily kill someone, just make them retreat to safer ground. Only fault is it has to 3HKO +2 Defenses and the Seeker is only really useful at the start.

The .96 Gal Deco is different from the 52 Gal Deco, in that it halves the Fire Rate for increased range and damage. You know you have a good weapon when it outranged non-Dynamo Roller Flicks. Which is an amazing thing since if you swim side to side and pick your shots, you don't have to risk those painful leap shots. It also manages to 2HKO +3 Defenses with a few numbers to spare. The Splash Wall makes this my main weapon for Tower Control. You can easily either sit back and hold ZR and win or if the opponent is on the tower, fear them off with a Splash Wall and Splat them on their jump. Kraken is great, with the exception it's hard walled by charged up Splatling Guns and the Inkzooka. Easily lets me camp for those few extra points.

Splatling is a friendlies, Splaattershot Jr for normal lol.

Overall, I'm looking for a group thats open, (13+ at least) since A sometimes I can suck and B I have a naturally high pitched voice. If you are not a competetive Splatoon player, sorry, I'm not interested. If you play Splatoon religiously, sorry, no. A competetive but still fun group to be in is the type of group I'd like to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Have a nice day and remember to keep Splat Rolling!

-ETLD / Staffo

patthetaco

Inkling
NNID
pat_the_tacobell
What time zone are you? I'm looking for players to join my Squad (link in my sig) You sound like just the kind of player I am looking for. Someone who can play with competence, while still understanding that it's a game. I do not require strict time commitments like I have seen other squads. Goals with this squad are (obviously) Squad battles, and to have a weekly private lobby to practice as I and others I've seen have an interest in trying new weapons without throwing away our rank. Feel free to message me, take a look at my thread (That's why I posted it), if it isn't what you're looking for that's fine, but I would be glad to add you. I look forward to your reply and remember Stay Fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom