EU Splatfest: North Pole vs. South Pole, really Nintendo?

EU's or Americas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
So, someone at Nintendo thought that NP vs. SP was a good topic? Some people like it and I respect their opinions, but for me, they could've done better. America get Cats vs. Dogs, Rollercoasters vs. Water Slides and Hotdogs vs. Marshmellows. EU got Rock vs. Pop, Eat vs. Sleep and NP vs. SP? Really? Americas are much better because they are quite debated topics. EU's topics on the other hand are not widely debated, Rock vs. Pop? Eat vs. Sleep, I need them to live! North Pole vs. South Pole, just baffles me, like, one has polar bears, one penguins, DEBATE OF THE CENTURY!
Anyway, I have made my point clear, remember, this is just my opinion. I will add a pole to this thread so you can vote on which Splatfests you prefer, Americas or EU's! Have a good day!
Goodbye my fellow Inklings!

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
To be fair, this latest Splatfest for North America isn't that good either. Anyone would have expected the theme to be Hot Dogs vs Hamburgers instead of Marshmallows. While they're both campfire foods, hamburgers would've inherently made much more sense. Nintendo's thought process is unorthodox it seems. Hopefully they can make an interesting theme for EU next time that isn't random or just weird.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Probably Nintendo is desperate for ratios between teams to be as even as possible and made the themes be as odd as possible. Closest so far was Roller Coasters vs Water Slides.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
What's the difference really? So far the Splatfests have been fairly even, so someone must have thought there must be some kind of connection between the two. To be honest, It'd make a lot more sense if it were winter.

florence

Full Squid
i feel like all this would be better if they stopped taking popularity into account for who wins
(btw team cat was absolutely cheated)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Win percentage is now 4x instead of 2x. Hopefully better Splatfest themes now.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
What's the difference really? So far the Splatfests have been fairly even, so someone must have thought there must be some kind of connection between the two. To be honest, It'd make a lot more sense if it were winter.
Europe/Oceania is the only region where all Splatfest have been 60+/40- in popularity so far (64 % Rock vs. 36 % Pop // 63 % Eating vs. 37 % Sleeping), it makes matchmaking longer and more annoying (with numerous occurrences of unbalanced matches like 3 vs. 4 players). The whole Splatfest system as is is a bit flawed anyway, but it would certainly be better if Nintendo offered more neutral themes to Europe.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
Well I seriously considered doing marine biology in Antarctica while I was in high school, so it's an easy South Pole pick for me. I guess other people don't really think about this though, because there's not much there (what IS there is super interesting though!).

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
To be fair, this latest Splatfest for North America isn't that good either. Anyone would have expected the theme to be Hot Dogs vs Hamburgers instead of Marshmallows. While they're both campfire foods, hamburgers would've inherently made much more sense. Nintendo's thought process is unorthodox it seems. Hopefully they can make an interesting theme for EU next time that isn't random or just weird.
Hot Dogs vs. Marshmellows is a bit weird I agree but at least they don't get NP vs. SP :P

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
The Splatfest themes seem to get weirder and weirder... but compared to eating vs. sleeping NP vs. SP does seem to make at least a little more sense :D
Splatfests are too common in general in my opinion (as they cut our in-game options to a minimum for almost a whole weekend). Nintendo should limit them to every 4-5 weeks in my opinion, this would still be plenty.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I think it's great theme, because the options are commensurable in a way which, say, hotdogs and marshmallows are not, yet - unlike, say, rock vs pop - it's not the kind of subject that people tend to have very strong feelings about, and which divides people according to demographic. As such, votes are likely to be more evenly split numerically and demographically, and so hopefully the matchmaking problems that we've had for the last two splatfests will be reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom