Europe and America having separate splatfests!?

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I have a pal (EU) version and I just saw that the splatoon direct for the UK shows a different date and topic for the first splatfest
Does that mean Europe and America won't be effecting each others splatfests?
And will Europe get Dogs vs Cats too? (Same goes for America getting Rock vs Pop)

What do you guys think about it?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Can't really give an opinion cause I don't live in either of those continents.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
Makes sense to me. Each region's local Nintendo HQ (NoA/NoE) can run the show. Makes it easier to coordinate the event, especially when you only have a set number of time zones you have to worry about.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Yep, we've known this since the Direct. Japan is getting Rice vs. Bread.

It makes sense to divide it by region, as some questions (like Rice vs. Bread) make more sense to one culture than another. It allows for more interesting questions.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Yep, we've known this since the Direct. Japan is getting Rice vs. Bread.

It makes sense to divide it by region, as some questions (like Rice vs. Bread) make more sense to one culture than another. It allows for more interesting questions.
I didn't know that lol
Rice vs Bread? I wonder if Japanese people are dissapointed about it, bread vs rice seems pointless to me, milk vs meat though

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very interesting. :P

PolarisAegis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kirbyfreek33
I'm pretty sure the US will get rock/pop as well, as the three splatfests happen at different times:
First, Japan-only Bread/Rice. around the 14th or so.
Second, US/Japan Cats/Dogs. around the 21st.
Third, worldwide Rock/Pop. around the 27th.

I"m using "Around" here because I'm not certain off the top of my head, but I remember that they're occurring at different times.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
I'm pretty sure the US will get rock/pop as well, as the three splatfests happen at different times:
First, Japan-only Bread/Rice. around the 14th or so.
Second, US/Japan Cats/Dogs. around the 21st.
Third, worldwide Rock/Pop. around the 27th.

I"m using "Around" here because I'm not certain off the top of my head, but I remember that they're occurring at different times.
Where did you get that information? As far as I know Rock/Pop on 27th is EU. Might be wrong, though.

PolarisAegis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kirbyfreek33
Where did you get that information? As far as I know Rock/Pop on 27th is EU. Might be wrong, though.
I watched all three directs, the japanese, US and Europe ones. Since they take place on different dates and are advertised as the "first' of them, I figured that any that take place on a later date will occur as well for that region. I have no concrete proof though. In the Japanese direct they do show the cats and dogs as an example, so that might also lend more credence to the idea. I'm basically trying to just make an educated guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom