Europe's December Splatfest: Films vs Books!

Film Fanatic or Bookworm?

• Team Film!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Team Book!

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyan

Inkling Commander

Time for a decent Splatfest to come out of NoE. It's still a strange thing to have Europe leading the way on Splatfests in this game when Japan always got them first in the original (which made perfect sense). At this point we'll probably see a new Shifty Station, so the Americans and Australians among us may want to see our verdict on whatever hell layout they give us this time. Thoughts on the theme? What are you going to vote and why? Who do you think will win? What weapon will release in time to make the 'Fest even worse? Time to debate!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Japan is getting one the same weekend, actually, and the theme is terribly specific to that region like always.

Anyway, cool theme. Like I said in the general Splatoon 2 thread, I'm not sure that the kind of people that play Splatoon 2 are also the people that read a lot of books, so I'm expecting a pretty skewed popularity vote. And from what I've seen so far today, I've seen a lot of people with a Film Splatfest tee.

I watch a lot of movies these days, so I'm def side Film. Also, books are for nerds, like we all know.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
The Japan theme isn't all that specific to Japan. Uniqlo is a multinational company who sells their clothing in numerous countries, including the USA. Saying this Splatfest is "specific to Japan" is like saying the same about the McDonalds one.

The Splatfest itself is simply Winter Innerwear vs. Winter Outerwear (tees just say "Inner" and "Outer"), it just happens to be sponsored by Uniqlo with their products "HeatTech" and "Ultra Light Down" representing the two sides.

Pic: My JP squid repping Team Outer.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah, so it's supposed to be clothing in general. Still, not a very logical-sounding theme for me as a westerner.
Besides, Uniqlo isn't actually a well known brand in the west unlike McDonalds.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Damn these Japanese people and their Splatfest themes. Their HEATTECH stuff sounds really fun to try for chiz and giggles, it's actually starting to become a well-known brand in Europe. (at least where I am, having seen their ad at my college's train station once. <_>) Tho hey, you're rocking the wrong team there bud, HEATTECH stuff is all you'll ever need. #teamnojacketsneeded

Back to the EU side, I doubt this'll be safe from the one-sided voting curse either. GG team Pearlz, I'll be one of the few book people and that's only because I enjoy reading non-fiction a lot. Movies are cool and all, but the picture is implying cinema and I hate cinemas, and I don't watch many movies in a year either.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I don't really watch movies or read books a whole lot, but i think i'm gonna go with books. I like to read stuff over watching videos in general, whenever it's actual books or online stuff/e-readers.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I’m wearing a uniqlo jacket right now as I’m writing this...

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Right. The only splatfest that had a good theme for me was the Ketchup vs. Mayo splatfest.
However: Film vs. Books is the next bad splatfest for me. I can see that it might be a good theme for the most but It's definitely not for me.
Im reading slow and reading feels like Im wasting time, so I always give up before I get to the cool pages.
And films on the other hand are either boring to me or way too intense. Im still sticking to films as I rather watch a film than read a book.

As always Im going to record the hole show using my capture card. And upload a kind of highlight video on youtube later. OH WAIT: I didn't even finished the toilet paper splatfest. WHY AM I THAT LAZY?

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Not sure why the hell Nintendo can't make some decent choices, obviously the majority will pick films over books because books seems like a chore; Nintendo could've just put next time "Red vs Blue" that would be a popular splat fest by far.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Not sure why the hell Nintendo can't make some decent choices, obviously the majority will pick films over books because books seems like a chore; Nintendo could've just put next time "Red vs Blue" that would be a popular splat fest by far.
Actually, a fair amount of people stil choose books from my expirence.
Anyway, i’m glad we got an actual good theme, no more WC rolls.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From the small sample here and the selection in the plaza it might seem that there is an even split, but believe you me, once you actually play some battles, you'll see that the film supporters already far outweigh the book team. About half of the people on any given team are wearing the movie tee now, whereas there might or might not be one person with a book tee.

How hard is it to just give us the Scifi/Fantasy theme? That's at least one free good idea they can re-use.

Padre

Pro Squid
Books for me. Films can never bring such narration and from infinite possible angles. Movies are great too of course.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Myeah, this was an easy one for me. Team Book all the way. =D I always like to have a book to read, and I especially enjoy reading Stephen King's books. Films... I get bored of them easily and start to think about other things. I love horror movies, however.

I guess I just like to read somebody else's story, while creating a slightly personal world to the book using my own imagination. c:

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Can someone kill me please...
You don't like books? *pushes glasses back on nose with a frown* Hmpf, maybe you just haven't read the right book yet, the book that will cause you to want to read many more. ;)

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
You don't like books? *pushes glasses back on nose with a frown* Hmpf, maybe you just haven't read the right book yet, the book that will cause you to want to read many more. ;)
Well, if I could read books for fun and not have to worry about my ****ty English grades then I would've enjoyed reading more, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom