• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Even though summer's over, I hope that Nintendo....

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Keeps bringing out more Splatfests. It would be such a shame to see the splatfests come to a sudden halt now that kids are back in school. I understand that Splatfests may be less frequent, but if we can have at LEAST one splatfest a month, that would be great.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Are they really coming to a close? I wouldn't see a reason why they should stop, most of the time it's on weekends so kids will still have plenty of time to play Splatoon.

Jrdellx

Full Squid
Are they really coming to a close? I wouldn't see a reason why they should stop, most of the time it's on weekends so kids will still have plenty of time to play Splatoon.
Yeah, I would have to agree with that. I believe were getting Hammerhead Bridge map soon plus 4 new maps we have not seen yet. Not sure if that info 100% but if that's true I'm sure they will do Splatfest on the new maps, etc. So much more weapons coming... I can't see them stopping Splatfest for any reason. Even once they run out of new content. Having a Splatfest ever 2 weeks would keep the game fresh. I could go on rant about adding rank mode battles to Splatfest. :cool:

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Keeps bringing out more Splatfests. It would be such a shame to see the splatfests come to a sudden halt now that kids are back in school. I understand that Splatfests may be less frequent, but if we can have at LEAST one splatfest a month, that would be great.
There is no information indicating that Splatfests would come to an end or be less frequent. As others already pointed out: Splatfests are on weekends and also: Splatfests started long before summer holidays pretty much everywhere.

There will be a Splatfest every three weeks, just like before.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I don't see why they would slow down, considering when they take place. Not only that, but they're currently the only way to get Super Sea Snails. I doubt they'd halt that supply that you can only get from doing that one particular thing.

Charlight

Meme Spy
As others have said, I don't really see why they should be slowing down - I wouldn't mind them slowing down though, each splatfest feels like a chore to me honestly.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
As others have said, I don't really see why they should be slowing down - I wouldn't mind them slowing down though, each splatfest feels like a chore to me honestly.
You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but if you want at least 18 SSS, you have to reach the royal rank.

Charlight

Meme Spy
You don't have to participate if you don't want to, but if you want at least 18 SSS, you have to reach the royal rank.
I know I don't, I want the snails though. At this point I feel as if it's just a chore to get the snails for me. I usually end up watching anime or a livestream and playing with a side weapon. Listening to the same music track over and over again got old really quick, there's no way I'm playing splatfest with sound on. Also, turf war as a game mode gets really boring after 4 hours of continuous playing. This is why I feel splatfests are too frequent.

I just wish they did modes other than Turf War. Ever since the ranked battles, I've found Turf War to be the least exciting of all the gamemodes.
Totally, that would be amazing. Related to this, I'd love a non-ranked queue for splat zones, tower control and rainmaker. Could incorporate squads into that too and only let people rank up in solo queue, which is fair.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I know I don't, I want the snails though. At this point I feel as if it's just a chore to get the snails for me. I usually end up watching anime or a livestream and playing with a side weapon. Listening to the same music track over and over again got old really quick, there's no way I'm playing splatfest with sound on. Also, turf war as a game mode gets really boring after 4 hours of continuous playing. This is why I feel splatfests are too frequent.

Totally, that would be amazing. Related to this, I'd love a non-ranked queue for splat zones, tower control and rainmaker. Could incorporate squads into that too and only let people rank up in solo queue, which is fair.
Yeah they need to add the ranked matches to regular battle. I can get pretty hotheaded when playing rank knowing my rank is on the line and even though we have private matches we don't even get any cash from that mode. If we could just have SZ TC and RM in regular, we can practice for ranked while still getting some cash. While we're at it why not make ranked turf wars?

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
most splatfests been around during the weekends
so I don't see any reason to stop

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Knowing Nintendo, they will keep going on until the servers close down for good or a sequel happens.

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
Agreed. Personally I wish there was other ways to get sea snails.Or maybe at least make rerolling/slotting cheaper. I love Turf War but I still don't want to play it for four hours(or more) on a weekend. But the reward is so great it's hard to pass up.

Aerotop

Inkling
I can see Splatoon's constant content releases slowing down, but I'd imagine we'd have Splatfests well into 2016. Splatoon still hasn't run out of fuel like Mario Kart 8 has, and I'd bet that Splatoon would continue to have big updates and/or DLC releases like MK8 did to keep it fresh (no pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom