Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Blackbelly is... Eh...

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I'm not sure about most other people, but I really dislike Blackbelly. For me it's the combination of weird curves and angles near the spawn and up the main tower, aswell and the tightness of the main areas and the allies. In Splatoon 1 I didn't mind it, but I'm not sure what changed for me to despise it so much now. CB and RM don't seem to work for me, and the only mode I liked was SZ , but it's not in Rotation anymore. Any thoughts?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
It's alright. My feelings towards it depend on the mode. I have no issues with it during Turf War and Splat Zones but in every other mode, (especially RM where games can last less than a minute there) it's a pretty hectic stage.

maru

Inkling
In Splatoon 1, it wasn't really my favorite, but I definitely liked it more than others (I'm looking at you, Port Mackerel. So frustrating!), but in 2, I seem to like it a lot more since it's a returning stage. I guess it's just the fact that I like the stages in 1 more and it's nice when they're in the rotation. Although I've gotta admit, Rainmaker can be an absolute pain

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
yeah getting pinned in port mackerel is such a pain

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will take it over half of the Splatoon 2 maps.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
I don't mind it. I don't think I ever had any frustrating moments on it.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Blackbelly is just kind of there. Not really one of my favorites by far, in fact quite the contrary. The uneven terrain infront of base is really not my jam, as well as the lips. I'm just not a huge fan of maps with tons of uneven plains and inclines.

But I don't particularly dread it either, I just deal with it.

I don't think I've ever done Rainmaker or Tower Control on it (plus I've heard Rainmaker on this map could be super broken and fast so I'd avoid it anyways), was just never in rotation when I'm in the mood. Played way too many matches of Clam Blitz on it however, it's a chaotic map for the mode an even with team pushes its hard cause taking left leaves you open and taking right chokes everybody in the half pipe. It's fine in Splat Zones.

maru

Inkling
Played way too many matches of Clam Blitz on it however, it's a chaotic map for the mode an even with team pushes its hard cause taking left leaves you open and taking right chokes everybody in the half pipe. It's fine in Splat Zones.
Hm, interesting. I’m not a huge Clam Blitz player so I’ve never experienced it firsthand.

Rainmaker here, though, is always a super hectic map and the game is over before the other team can do anything. The high parts of the terrain make it hard for you to get to people, and the fact that there’s multiple directions to take is always a playing factor as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom