Splatoon 2 EXCUSE ME

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
How does ranking down in S+ work because I once lost my S+2 in splat zones down to +0 (which took quite a while to get back) and I just lost my S+3 in rainmaker and IT WENT BACK TO 0!!! The only rank I've ever skipped was C- to B- and people skip around in S+ all the time but I have to go by 1's cuz I hadn't played this game prior to 3 months ago. Why can't I skip ranks anymore but you can take away several at a time nintendo!! There have been times that I had 0 cracks in my bar and ranked up only 1 interval how does it work!?!?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
S+ is all kinds of messed up in this game. I haven't lost my S+ over 1 rank yet, but usually it reverts back to 0 from what I've been told. I would caution against getting too invested in ranking up in S+, you can lose all your progress very easily, and with how easy it is to get to S+ in this game, it's much less of a badge of honor anyway.

So far I've only ranked up one rank at a time, in some cases having a pretty nice looking bar. So your guess is as good as mine.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
It's Nintendo's failed attempt at making S+ hardcore like it used to be in Splatoon 1.

The problem is that it matches up S+ 0s who are just barely maintaining their S+ rank with S+ 50s.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I believe you have to fill the bar multiple times in a row without any cracks in the glass to skip ranks. But yeah it's not worth stressing over, you get absolutely nothing for it.

Jon914

Pro Squid
You skip ranks when you consistently KO teams better than you. The bar will fill up quickly after these KO's. If you faced a weak team, you only get a small sliver filled up.

You can skip ranks even with cracks - just make sure you KO in all of your games. I skipped C- to B- with 2 cracks in one mode.

The game will put you in stronger lobbies by consistently winning (especially KO'ing), which raises your power level (alongside other factors). If you're low power for your rank, you won't skip even with a clean bar and your bar will fill up slowly and take 8, 9 or even 10 victories to rank up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom