• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Famitsu Splatoon Poll Results!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
These results are unsurprising for the most part. What surprises me is that Gals and Forge/Splattershot Pros aren't the weapons that most favour over a weapon like Splattershot Jr.
You haven't seen the amount of aerosprays that pop up during splatfests then (and just in general turf wars).

What ssurprises me is that Bluefin Depot is the least favourite, I was expecting Arowana mall to be the most hated (sure the water pits are annoying but, come on... Get gud).

Funny how splat and suction bombs are literally tied and that people seem to like cold blooded (and not haunt?)
Also inkzooka being very close to the most obvious winner, inkstrikes. (Echolocator surprises me a little too).

Also, it's weird how callie is less popular that marie considering how the splatfests have been going on lately.

Last edited:

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Kind of surprised Bluefin Depot was the most hated. Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse are way worse!

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Do you play as a boy or girl?

Girl: 73%, Boy: 27%
Commenting on this specifically. I see several people taking it "hard" knowing tons and tons of males are playing female Inklings (myself included). I'll happily say that IMO the female Inkling actually looked "Alien" to me from the male.

Females have these giant, obvious tentacles hanging from their head, I love it. The males technically also have tentacles on top of their head, but I actually never noticed it in the beginning. I literally thought that was their "hair" style. I choose the females because I actually felt like a squid instead of just another boy. I bought this game to do something different, and playing a different species felt different to me than playing just another kid.

Unless they give the males more "tentacle/hair" options, I will always remain female.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I bought this game to do something different, and playing a different species felt different to me than playing just another kid.
Interesting perspective there. I sort of feel like it's things like this that make people want Octolings playable too.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm surprised at the list of most-hated stages. The Port is a pretty simple map and can go back and forth nicely. The Mall is very combat-oriented and I can see why people hate that one, sort of, since it is so easy to lock a team down in their spawn. Bluefin is a great map, lots of cool movement options and combat areas.

I would have voted for the Skatepark, if only for the lag

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
So many Japanese players rather splat others?
No wonder they are terrible team mates... It's a game about painting the town your colour not becoming a colourful CoD.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Favorite Stage?

1. Walleye Warehouse – 717 votes
2. Kelp Dome – 600
3. Blackbelly Skatepark – 458 votes

Least Favorite Stage?

1. Bluefin Depot – 754 votes
2. Arowana Mall – 585 votes
3. Port Mackerel – 509 votes
WHYYY?! Seriously, they have put the worst stage in the game as the number 1 favorite and they have put the best stage in the no. 3 least favorite. Seriously WHY?!

I get that people are entitled to their opinions, but I don't understand why people would say this. Seriously, Walleye is boring to play on in comparison to the other stages and Port Mackrel makes for the most engaging gameplay out of all of the stages. Also, personally, I'm not keen on Blackbelly Skatepark and I feel that Arowana Mall should be somewhere around the middle: not in the least favorites list. But that's just me and I can understand their placements more than what I bolded.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I am glad ppl share my hate for Arowana Mall.
I'm with you there. May not be number 1, but it's close.

I'm glad to see that people have an apprappreciation for the Dual Squelcher as well as Kelp Dome. Though I'm quite surprised that the E-liter wasn't in the top 10 favorites. I don't know about you but A LOT of my games had SOMEONE using an E-liter. =/ Ah well...

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
Most of these results are pretty expected, though I'm surprised at the sub weapon results and how only 36% was focused on spreading ink. That would explain a lot of my teammates' underwhelming performances, though. I also like how approximately 8/9 of the voters were already Level 20, and it couldn't fit into the chart at all.
This explains why when playing turf war the majority of the time my teammates are always getting low numbers on spreading ink-I think people really need to reconsider how they play turf wars. It is not about kills its about spreading ink and controlling certain areas of the map to make sure you get the win.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
So many Japanese players rather splat others?
No wonder they are terrible team mates... It's a game about painting the town your colour not becoming a colourful CoD.
Always ended up getting splatted by a would-be dead guy in the end so now if i'm being shot at, i just literally escape then come back later to see him dead because he concentrated too much on killing me only to get shot by someone else in the process.

Help me a lot during ranked kelp dome rotations.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I'm surprised at the list of most-hated stages.
The maps in this game are so divisive. I love Port Mackeral, and Arowana Mall Splat Zones is my absolute favourite mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom