Favorite Competitive Weapon?

Lil Inkling Tra

Inkling
NNID
Mega.V.Volt
What is your favorite weapon for competitive play, like in ranked battles or with a squad? (I'm looking for new weapons to try)

I really like using the Splash-o-matic, i love how well-rounded it is. I also use the Carbon Roller (sometimes) just because I love using rollers.

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
I generally gravitate to the Kelp Splatterscope when it comes to Ranked or Squads. I love the range it has, it's charge time, and the Sprinkler and Killer Wail are great for support.

Occasionally, I'll use the .96 Gal Deco when the rotation demands I fight up close and personal. Splash walls are good for the front lines, and Kraken is nice if you find yourself in a pinch.

I've also been sort of feeling out Bamboozler, E-liter, and the Splattershot (vanilla), but I haven't really gotten a grip on them quite yet. One day, I'll be confident in bringing them in Ranked or Squads.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I stick with the TTK for versatility. But on TC, or on certain maps, I've considered learning a second weapon such as the custom range blaster or a charger.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
If we're speaking purely personal opinions, I generally separate my 3 mains in these 3 ways, for these reasons:

Splat Zones: Any Dynamo Roller, because of its excellent turf coverage and ability to reclaim zones extremely quickly and safely, via its main attack flings, Sprinklers or Inkstrikes. Generally, ability to ink turf and defend are key in this mode. Dynamo can do both exceedingly well.

Tower Control: Tri-Slosher, or really any Slosher, depending on the stage, because of its ability to hold down the tower (thanks to range + defensive pressure options), provide pressure over walls while the tower is turning a corner, and ability to take out enemy squids on a tower from high platforms. The Tri variant loses the range, but can easily and quickly clear a tower and take out enemy squids from below / ground approaches. Squelchers are pretty solid contenders for similar reasons, and they've got even more range .

Rainmaker: Octobrush Nouveau, because CQC flanks and aggression, from an offensive and defensive standpoint, can be extremely important in this mode. Enemy Rainmaker holders need to be taken out quickly in many scenarios (because just a few more steps of advancement can cause a loss), so quick-to-kill/1HKO weapons are generally really useful here. Trying to purely outrange Rainmaker tornadoes can sometimes end badly lol, especially because the really long range weapons are all slow and have poor mobility. In many cases, I've found it's better to utilize stealth and speed here. You just have to assess your risks wisely.

Granted, as you've noticed I don't use shooters lol so can't make many alternative recommendations there. If you wanna go the OU route, Tentateks are probably the most versatile weapons in the game and can handle most situations without a huge amount of trouble. Their main setback is they fall solidly in the mid-range category, so they aren't always the best candidate to hold down a tower if you've got a lot of long-range opponents. And then, y'know...you could always join the standard parade of Gals and Lunas, if that's your thing.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Personally, when I'm doing Ranked or playing in a squad, I'm usually gravitating towards the Octobrush Nouveau or Custom Hydra Splatling. They're my two most used weapons for Ranked. I've also started liking the Dynamo Roller for Ranked as well though. c:

Crystal C

Inkster Jr.
There are allot of weapons I love. The Aerospray RG, squiffer, splattoller, octobrush, both jet squelchers, the mini and heavy splattlings. But my favorite of all is my beloved Hydra Splattling. :D

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
Looks at my mains
Well, I typically use the octoshot (tentatek) for ranked, but I've been using blasters a lot for TC, regular blaster specifically because nobody expects the disrupter out of no where. As for rm and sz, again I use octoshot, its versatile and easy to learn how to use. Heavy splatling is super fun too even though I'm not very good with it. ;;

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I' m trying to learn the :wst_shot_triplequick01: but its hard. Yet I can feel its potential taunting me. Maddening I say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom