Favorite/Least Favorite Weapons?

RedVivillon

Inkling
NNID
redx39
I've been playing a lot and have been wondering what weapons people love and what weapons people hate. You can list them or just talk about them it doesn't matter to me.

Favorite
1. Inkbrush
2. Bamboozler
3. Custom Blaster
4. Rapid Blaster Deco (Not enjoying it that much anymore)
5. New Squiffer

Least Favorite
1. Krak-On Splat Roller (As a flanker it makes me livid when I sneak up on them just to get killed by there Kraken)
2.E-Litre 3K (Can I move please?)
3.H-3 Nozzlenose (Love hate for this weapon. Love it's skill ceiling, hate it's subs. They just don't work)
4. Inkbrush Nouveau (Main it. Still really want a better Inkbrush set. Like the H-3 it just doesn't synergize well)
5. 96. Gal Deco (RNGesus to the rescue)
This has nothing to do with the thread but I played you in some random matches you were a Custom Blaster, pretty good one too

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
This has nothing to do with the thread but I played you in some random matches you were a Custom Blaster, pretty good one too
Hey hey! Was this yesterday? I only played Blaster for 2-3 matches then switched over to Squiffer.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Favorites:
1. Inkbrush (The best inking weapon in the game, IMHO. (I also love being a ninja ^.^))
2. .96 Gal Deco (easiest killer (Splattershot Pro could also go here, but I like the deco kit better))
3. Bamboozler 24 MK I (It's like the ninja version of the chargers!)
4. Hero Charger Replica (Great weapon and its a lot of fun to use Blast Bomb Rush)
5. Dynamo Roller (Great inker and great killer, also kind of ninja like)

Worst:
1. Custom Splattershot Jr. (disruptors are nearly worthless and I'm not a fan of low range shooters)
2. Rapid Blaster (This doesn't even need to exist now that we have the pro)
3. Tri-Slosher (not great at inking, has distruptor, short range)
4. E-Liter 3K (I wiff to much with chargers to be good with it)
5. Inkbrush Nouveau (Ink Mines and Bubbler don't really work with how I play the Inkbrush; except in Tower Control... but there is no way I'm taking Inkbrushes into ranked on my main account.)

Last edited:

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Faves:

-L-3 Nozzlenose: Disruptors are just too good combined with the range and speed this weapon has, and it wasn't that bad for inking turf before the buff, either

-Slosher: How fun is using a bucket in a shooter? VERY FUN

-Tri-Slosher: Good set of sub and special, I mainly swap this in on smaller maps where the range of the regular Slosher isn't needed

-Custom Splattershot Jr: I like the kit better than the original, good ambush weapon

-Rollers in general: Good ol' fashioned fun, even though I'm not great with any of them

Least Fave:

-Chargers: They are fun, but I can't use them. I like the Squiffers best out of all of them, I think

Gks1

Inkling
NNID
Gksuno
Favorite:

1- Krak.On Splat Roller
2- .52 Gal
3- Carbon Roller
4- Splattershot
5- Splat Roller

I love the rollers xD

Worst:

1 - Classic Squiffer
2 - New Squiffer
3 - Bamboozler 14 MK l
4 - Aerospray
5 - Heavy Splating

I try use the Squiffer but i can't.

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
Favorites:
  • Octoshot/Tentatek - love the mobility it gives, love the kit
  • Forge Splattershot - Probably the weapon I use the most in ranked, good range, good damage,
  • N-Zap '85 - I don't use this one often but it has a good balance of fire rate and range, wish it did a bit more damage
  • Classic Squiffer - Still learning this weapon but it's a lot of fun to play

Least Favorites:
  • Dynamo - I usually play close range weapons and they give me a hard time, slowly getting better at dealing with them
  • Inkbrush - Gimmicky weapon, they're annoying to chase around
  • Splatterscope - A good weapon but because of its quick charge time the scope zooms in too quickly and sometimes it makes me feel sick

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Favorites:
- Luna Blaster
- Rapid Blaster
- Rapid Blaster Pro
- Splash-o-matic

Least Favorite:
- Classic/new Squiffer
- L3/H3 nozzlenose (D)
- Ink/Octo brush

Mainly blasters I love, but squiffer/nozzlenose/brush, I just didn't try to master them at the moment, which makes me fail with them and in turn dislike them.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
My favorites (currently, since I have not tried everything):
  1. Splatterscope
  2. Dual Squelcher
  3. L-3 Nozzlenose
  4. Tentatek Splattershot
Weapons I hate:
  1. Inkbrush (I predicted this would be an awkward weapon before it was released and it's pretty much how I imagined it would be)
  2. Dynamo Roller (Annoying when these guys get in the way when I'm charging a shot. Go find your own perch, damnit!)
  3. Bamboozler (2 shots to kill on a charger turns me off, and the range is worse than a splatterscope)
  4. Krak-on Roller (I feel that Squid Beakons are practically useless)
Some of the weapons I hate are only because of how other people use them (looking at you, dynamo roller). I generally prefer long-range weapons, so I usually go with the Splatterscope and occasionally swap out for Dual Squelcher. I love the Nozzlenose but I don't use it too often anymore because I'm not as good with it as other weapons.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Favorites

Dual Squelcher- Range and a set I like, SIGN ME UP!

Carbon Roller- This made me like Rollers in general, though every other roller feels a bit awkward to use due to the slower speed of... everything.

Splattershot Jr. - Reliable to the end

Kelp Charger- I feel its set works the best.

Splash-o-Matic- I LOVE the accuracy of this weapon.

Dislikes

Blasters

Splatling- I can never get the hang of these things.

E-Liter- WAAAAAAY too slow for my tastes. Plus, I have a bitterness towards it and its users due to how many times I died because of the damn things. XD

Nozzlenose

Last edited:

Galaxian

Inkling
NNID
Galax1an
Favorites:
Mini Splatling
Default Roller (Hero Roller best tho)
Jet and Dual Squelchers
Splash-O-Matic
Default Splat Charger/Splatterscope

Least favorites:
Blasters
E-Liter
Aerosprays
Dynamo Roller

Toaster

Senior Squid
My favorite weapons are:

- Hero roller/Splat roller - This weapon I use the most. It is one of my best I just love the sub and special weapons. There was so many time I end up splatting almost everyone on the other team with the killer wail.
- Inkbrush - This is my best weapon in turf war just yesterday I got 1606 points with this I wish I took a picture of it...
- L-3 Nozzlenose D - I stated using this recently and this is a really fun weapon now if only I had a better aim XD
- Splash-o-matic - This weapon used to be my main weapon until I started using the hero roller. I had a lot of fun splatting people with bomb rush. I still use this weapon from time to time.
- Classic Squiffer - I think this weapon is a lot of fun to use. I like to support the team with point sensors and bubbler. I once got 17 splats in one game with this weapon.

My Least Favorite weapons:

- Krak-on roller - I just don't like the sub that much I like having suction bombs. I just can't really make good use of squid beakons and the fact the roller doesn't have much range outside of flicking the roller. With the normal roller you can just throw a suction bomb.
- Tentatek/Octoshot - Man, are these just everywhere. I tried using the tentatek but I'm just not that good with it.
- Blasters - These are just annoying to deal with. The only baster I consider my self good with would be the rapid blaster pro, but other than that I'm just really bad with these.
- E liters - Its kind of hard to have fun when these are splatting you the second you show yourself.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Favourites:

Carbon roller (I love the speed it rolls and flicks. I'm a total lunatic with this)
Krak On Roller (My favourite before I discovered the carbon roller. So satisfying to just roll over people)
Inkbrush (Again, I love running around super fast like a crazy squid.)
Slosher (I like the variety it gives you)

Least Favourites
Dynamo roller (UGH IT'S SO SLOW WTF I played a game of turf wars with it and I almost turned my wii u off just to escape because I hated it so much)
Bamboozler (I just sucked so, so bad with it)
Luna blaster (I just find it so unsatisfying o_O)

Octolingkid

Inkling
NNID
Weeabootrashh
Favourites :
Octo/Ink brush: Used to be really good @ this weapon , now I'm not so good..//cries
Splattershot jr: bubbler & Bombs are useful
Slosher: Easy to use for me
Aerospray rg: Really like both the inkstrikes & Ink mines

Least favourite:
Any charger: I have crap aim lol
Dynamo roller: Too slow
Any blasters: Both annorying to face & use

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
My favorites....

1. Carbon Roller/Carbon Roller Deco
2. Heavy Splatling/Hydra Splatling
3. Tri-Slosher
4. Inkbrush
5. Hero Charger Replica

My least favorites...

1. E-Liter of any kind (As a roller main.... I do not like facing you)
2. Dynamo Roller (I've tried using it. I'm no good with slow weapons)
3. Luna Blaster Neo (This thing is the bane of my existence in Splatoon .-.)
4. N-Zaps (Was the increased speed truly necessary?)
5..96 Gal Deco (They're a pain to deal with and - again - I am no good with slow weapons)

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'm kind of a nonconformist, so I use every weapon in the game (well, I'm getting there) but like the less common ones. Of the 54 weapons I have used thus far (and have come across most of them wielded by enemies), this is how they stack up (not mode-specific).

The 5 that I like to use the most are as follows:
1. Range Blaster (Pretty nice to hit someone from far away, and I don't need good aim for it)
2. Bamboozler 14 Mk II (Didn't think I'd be decent with a Bamboozler)
3. Forge Splattershot Pro (I love using Point Sensors with something like this)
4. Inkbrush (Great for Splat Zones, but fun overall)
5. Custom Splattershot Jr. (I also love Disruptors, and it means I can swoop in on someone with poor range)

The 5 I like to use the least:
1. .52 Gal (Everyone else makes it look so good, and I am utterly incompetent with it)
2. H-3 Nozzlenose (I can never get the timing down right)
3. Dual Squelcher (For some reason, nothing gets done with I use it)
4. Mini Splatling (Firing is too short for me)
5. Tentatek Splattershot (Same deal with the .52 Gal)

The 5 I like to have as opponents--this is because I respect them as opponents for using them:
1. Bamboozler 14 Mk I (A really good user is a sight to behold)
2. Rapid Blaster or Rapid Blaster Deco (They're good enough to hit me twice in a row)
3. Blaster (When's the last time you saw someone using this?)
4. Inkbrush Nouveau (They have to get in VERY close to deal with you)
5. Classic Squiffer (The hardest to aim of chargers and, unlike New Squiffer has no VERY long range option)

The 5 I least like seeing on opponents:
1. Tentatek Splattershot (Way too many people online using them)
2. Carbon Roller Deco (Way too many people online using them)
3. Aerospray RG (Way too many people online using them)
4. .52 Gal (Way too many people online using them)
5. E-liter 3K or E-liter 3K Scope (Way too many people online using them)

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Favorites: (No order)

:wst_roller_brushmini00: Best Turf Wars weapon. Anyone who says otherwise is outright lying. I have 575,489 points with it so far, and is by far the most points I have on any weapon. (I switch weapons a LOT.)

:wst_shot_triplequick00: and :wst_shot_triplequick01: (moreso the L3-D) They cover turf fast and can kill fast and have a lot of range and both of them have a great sub/special combo and they are both amazing weapons! I thought it was complete trash when it first came out but now I love them lol. You just have to get used to mashing ZR (something that mining the Inkbrush helped with.)

Mini Splatling (Squidboards doesn't have emojis for every weapon, please add the rest k thx) The charge time is now almost unnoticeable thanks to the buff that made it charge faster, kills extremely quickly and has decent range. Waiting for the Zink since I like the sub and special of that a lot more.

:wst_shot_normalh: For some reason, this is the only weapon I can use well in Tower Control. But I'm not complaining, Burst Bombs can do some hilarious stuff in this mode.

:wst_shot_heavy00: My main when the game first came out. Only mained it for a week until the Inkbrush was released, buy I still use it every now and then.

:wst_charge_quick01: Is it weird to say that I love using this weapon for the noise that it makes when you 1HKO someone? That's mainly the reason why I use it.

Least favorites:

:wst_shot_heavy01: The .96 Gal is almost nonexistent since this was released and I can never do as well with this compared to the regular. :/

:wst_roller_normal01: Bleh overused tr4sh. I swear the "nerf" helped it kill people around corners easier. (Or there's more lag but... still. It's annoying.) Also I'm only ragging on this because this is the only one people use.

:wst_shot_blaze01: An Inkbrush with less skill and less reward. It's almost like it takes Zaeroskill to use in Turf Wars. ;) ;)

:wst_roller_brushmini01: Stop using this, we all know the regular Inkbrush is just better at everything.

:wst_roller_heavy00:and :wst_roller_heavy01: This heap of metal has more range than the Dual Squelchers. (Probably not as much damage range, but it inks further.) This makes absolutely no sense. The Dual Squelchers are focused on range. These are focused on power, yet have more range than weapons focused on range. .-.

:kraken:Not a weapon but you're about to die then click a button and BAM! Instant invincibility and excellent mobility because you ink everywhere you go. Can u liek pleez knot

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Top 5 favorites:
1) Both Dual Squelcher variants: holy crap. Ever since i saw swimmybird use this weapon, i told myself that this is gonna be one of my mains when i got the game. The kickass design, the kickass range, the kickass speed. Did i mention the kickass design? It works up close and i can challenge long range weapons as well. And seriously the design of this thing is freaking magnificent. I've made it and stayed in S rank with this beauty. this weapon is my favorite weapon and forever will be.
2)The Jet Squelcher Variants (mostly custom): the normal jet squelcher has been a consistent companion of mine since i first got it. Before mastering the dual, the jet squelcher has been with me through thick and thin. I've gotten to A+ with it, though was struggling to get any higher. These days i don't use the normal variant as much since it's pretty crippled when in close range and with the recent wall nerf. But
i'm learning to use the custom these days since it's the arguably better variant, but i still love the jet for how far it's gotten me
3) the splash-o-matic both variants: before maining the splash, i used the tentatek a lot. But after noticing that it's used way too often, i opted for a different weapon. Sure i could've gone with the n-zap or .52, but they just weren't my style. So i picked up the splash, struggled with it a little, but then got really good at using it. All in all, i love it.
4) the squiffer variants: i'm not very good with the long range chargers, because of they're long charge time, but fell in love with it because of it's quick charge. Also the sound it makes when you kill fully charged is so freaking satisfying. The reason it isn't any higher is because of the fact that i can not challenge dynamo's. Every time i faced one with this weapon i always lost. I still love it and continue to use it. I just need to get used to fighting dynamo's.
5)The L-3 nozzlenose Variants: are they hard to use at first? Yup. Are they really fun to use once you get the hang of it? oh you betcha. this one is more a casual weapon, i never really took it into ranked.

Weapons i'm currently practicing with:
Forge splattershot pro, bamboozler, .52 gal.

Now i don't really have a least favorite weapon, just ones i either can't use properly, or suck with. but i do have weapons i hate going up against.
Dynamo's, blasters, anything with splash walls, and long range chargers. I really don't have to explain myself here. And lastly, MOTHERFUCKING Splatershot jr. I hate bubblers so ****ing much. If there's one weapon i never look forward to facing these bastards. I'm just glad i can push then away but man, i hate these little ****s. Apologies if i offended any jr mains out there.

Last edited:

Ninwaifu

Inkling
NNID
Ninwaifu
Like all shooters I have a badvhabbit of sticking with one weapon, but I do have a few.

1. Splash-o-Matic
2. Any version of the Splatshot
3. Krak-on Roller

Iv also been messing around with the Splattershot Pro and the Slosher Deco not sure how I feel about them yet though.

Least favorite

1. Blaster weapons (Why would I want such a slow and low range weapon)
2. inkbrush
3. Aerospray (Just not my type of weapon, I don't like the gear for it as well.)

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Favorite:

- Zink Mini Splatling
- Custom Jet Squelcher
- Tri-Slosher
- Custom Dual Suelcher
- Bamboozler MK II
- Both L-3 Nozzlenoses
- Luna Blaster Neo
- Heavy Slpaltling Deco

Least Favorite:

- E-Liters (I respect chargers players for being able to do well with a difficult to use weapon, but I just find E-Liters very difficult/a pain to go up against since they can easily take you out at just about any range since due it's kit, and having free wallhacks doesn't help either... which is probably why :ability_coldblooded: is so popular)

- .96 Gal Deco (I just find it really annoying to go up against a far ranged, 2 shot weapon with a somewhat spammable Pseudo-Bubbler and Kraken, especially when most of the weapons I use don't have Suction Bombs or Splat Bombs.)

- Tentatek Splattershot (I don't know, I find this weapon very easy to do well with compared to most other weapons with minimum drawbacks which is the main the reason why it's the most overused weapon in Splatoon...)

- .52 Gal (Similar reasons to the .96 deco, minus the kraken and additional range.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom